PDA

View Full Version : Failure 2 feed 1187

The_crawfish
11-24-15, 17:25
My backup duck gun has developed a ftf prob. The second pic u can see the mark On the shell where it's hanging up...36152

The_crawfish
11-24-15, 17:30
2nd pic...

Kain
11-24-15, 17:34
Would like more information. What ammo are you running? Will it run in other autos? Looks like it might be ammo related. But hard to say. Assuming the clean is clean and lubed.

Leaveammoforme
11-24-15, 17:54
Quick Google of your symptoms brings up lots of feed latch issues from a few years back.

26 Inf
11-24-15, 23:59
Would it be more accurate to call that a fail to chamber?

You are getting enough to cycle the action, feed the shell, lift it, but not chamber.

Have you disassembled and checked the barrel for obstruction and did you notice the last shell fired and ejected? Is it possible you had a separation of the base and hull with the plastic hull remaining in the chamber?

I'd check the action spring and the spring guide to make sure nothing is binding and preventing it the bolt to come all the way forward.

That is a fairly well-used shotgun, I hope you've had a good time with it in the blind!

ThirdWatcher
11-25-15, 02:13
What condition is the rubber O-Ring?

The_crawfish
11-26-15, 08:50
Would like more information. What ammo are you running? Will it run in other autos? Looks like it might be ammo related. But hard to say. Assuming the clean is clean and lubed.

It has done it with federal & Winchester ammo. I had the gun sonic cleaned at the end of the season last year, and lubed it myself afterwards. The same ammo shoots fine out of several other guns including my versamax

The_crawfish
11-26-15, 08:54
Would it be more accurate to call that a fail to chamber?

You are getting enough to cycle the action, feed the shell, lift it, but not chamber.

Have you disassembled and checked the barrel for obstruction and did you notice the last shell fired and ejected? Is it possible you had a separation of the base and hull with the plastic hull remaining in the chamber?

I'd check the action spring and the spring guide to make sure nothing is binding and preventing it the bolt to come all the way forward.

That is a fairly well-used shotgun, I hope you've had a good time with it in the blind!.
This isn't a one time issue, it's been going on since last year. I've replaced O-ring, springs, and that's a new bolt you see in the pic (cracked the factory one).

The_crawfish
11-26-15, 08:55
What condition is the rubber O-Ring?

Replaced about a year ago, not many rounds on it.

The_crawfish
11-26-15, 08:58
Quick Google of your symptoms brings up lots of feed latch issues from a few years back.
I think that may be the problem, BUT it looks straight to me.
Maybe it's somehow feeding at a slight angle??