PDA

View Full Version : ATF41P Update??

luckydube56
11-25-15, 02:31
http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201510&RIN=1140-AA43

Looks like it has been pushed again. But this time only one month to 1/00/2016.

hmmmm.....

RIDE
11-25-15, 04:21
http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201510&RIN=1140-AA43

Looks like it has been pushed again. But this time only one month to 1/00/2016.

hmmmm.....

Is that some moment of time between 12/31/2015 and 01/01/2016???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilson1911
11-25-15, 07:59
That looks to me like the new rule will go into effect on the 1st of Jan. While we celebrate the new year, the doj will be sticking it in our ass. I have 4 cans in jail atm, this does not make me happy.

BigWaylon
11-25-15, 09:07
That looks to me like the new rule will go into effect on the 1st of Jan. While we celebrate the new year, the doj will be sticking it in our ass. I have 4 cans in jail atm, this does not make me happy.
The only thing that changed is the date moved from 12/00/15 to 1/00/16.

Still don't know if anything is happening, as that's at least the third time the date has moved. I know I haven't received a response to my comment, yet.

MegademiC
11-25-15, 09:33
So what does this mean, in layman's terms, for those of us with cans in jail?

Ryno12
11-25-15, 09:37
It should mean nothing. The process was already started & paperwork submitted.

HCrum87hc
11-25-15, 12:39
I'm wondering if that date is just a place holder due to it being pushed back without a specific date in mind.

jstalford
11-25-15, 12:55
Yeah I'm thinking it just means not in 2015

Voodoochild
11-25-15, 13:20
It doesn't mean anything. It wont be happening for a while and is just super stupid to being with. The whole myth about trusts being able to bypass anything is just nonsense. But leave it to our esteemed leader and his merry band of dip shits to make something up on the spot instead of using common sense. I also believe the house put forth a measure that would withhold funds and block the ATF/DoJ from implementing this.

sidewaysil80
11-25-15, 13:29
To echo others I'm hoping/confident nothing will come of it. It seems like just the latest and greatest dose of sensationalism to further attack the firearms industry.

Is that some moment of time between 12/31/2015 and 01/01/2016???
Well played sir.

wilson1911
11-25-15, 16:43
I have not kept up with this very much. What exactly is stopping them from just inking the paper and letting it dry ? Barry seems to change rules/regulations at will.

luckydube56
11-25-15, 20:22
The only thing that changed is the date moved from 12/00/15 to 1/00/16.

Still don't know if anything is happening, as that's at least the third time the date has moved. I know I haven't received a response to my comment, yet.

Hope you're right. I really do. But the one month thing is what stands out to me. It seems if they were going to punt again, they'd move another 6 mos. I dont kow. All I do know is that Silencerco and Griffin are both coming out with interesting designs. With 8 stamps to my name, I feel somewhat under equipped. :(

Sensei
11-25-15, 21:27
So what does this mean, in layman's terms, for those of us with cans in jail?

Nothing. Your paperwork is good to go.

Hope you're right. I really do. But the one month thing is what stands out to me. It seems if they were going to punt again, they'd move another 6 mos. I dont kow. All I do know is that Silencerco and Griffin are both coming out with interesting designs. With 8 stamps to my name, I feel somewhat under equipped. :(

The ATF has said there will be a 60-day grace period once the rule is implemented. That means March 2016 at the earliest. I've stopped my NFA binge that began this past Summer. There are a couple of items that I'm closely watching. The MCX and CZ Scorpion EVO are two that I'm waiting for a little more maturation. I'm gambling that CZ will start up production on the new generation EVO and that Sig will have more color and barrel options by the time the grace period is over.

afff_667
11-27-15, 22:28
I'm coming very, very late to the SBR party and further delayed this fall due to this impending ruling. To avoid selling something to fund a new SBR, I'm going to have to go slow. One thing that slowed me down was the initial investment to play, i.e. $300 for a lawyer to prepare the trust and $200 for my first stamp. I kick myself for not getting this started, but it sounds like I may not have missed a chance at an SBR.

With Christmas ramping up and the ensuing financial bloodletting to come, I'll have to wait until the first of 2016 to kick this in high gear. Am I correctly understanding that it's the general consensus here that it's unlikely the new rule will take effect anytime soon? If so, my plans are back!!!

223to45
11-28-15, 12:04
So is it to late if your dealer has to order from a dist. first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wilson1911
11-28-15, 13:21
There is a 30 day or so lag time. One of my cans did not get ordered like it should have been and now it has to go thru the dealer to dealer trans. I am hoping it comes in before the end of the year.

223to45
11-28-15, 13:52
4-6 weeks is what I understand for dealer to dealer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boba Fett v2
12-02-15, 00:09
I'm coming very, very late to the SBR party and further delayed this fall due to this impending ruling. To avoid selling something to fund a new SBR, I'm going to have to go slow. One thing that slowed me down was the initial investment to play, i.e. $300 for a lawyer to prepare the trust and $200 for my first stamp. I kick myself for not getting this started, but it sounds like I may not have missed a chance at an SBR.

With Christmas ramping up and the ensuing financial bloodletting to come, I'll have to wait until the first of 2016 to kick this in high gear. Am I correctly understanding that it's the general consensus here that it's unlikely the new rule will take effect anytime soon? If so, my plans are back!!!

Relax. You'll have your SBR. And more in the future if you want I'm sure.

PatrioticDisorder
12-02-15, 06:16

Even if 41p is implemented you live in a state likely to pass "shall certify" legislation, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this. 41p has only been threatened and several states have already passed "shall certify" legislation. The only difference would be a couple more hoops to jump through (going through a process to get a signature which the state would guarantee happens, pictures & fingerprints)...

SC-Texas
12-02-15, 07:00
Lots more hoops to jump through

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jstalford
12-02-15, 07:06
It doesn't mean anything. It wont be happening for a while and is just super stupid to being with. The whole myth about trusts being able to bypass anything is just nonsense. But leave it to our esteemed leader and his merry band of dip shits to make something up on the spot instead of using common sense. I also believe the house put forth a measure that would withhold funds and block the ATF/DoJ from implementing this.

http://blog.princelaw.com/tag/atf-41p/