PDA

View Full Version : BUIS Suggestions?

Predator Rises
11-25-15, 17:28
I have been looking at Magpul's BUIS and Knight's micro flip up sights and I'm probably going to choose between one of the two. I don't have the money for an optic right now, so for the time being I plan to use iron sights. Also, I don't plan on shooting at anything further than 100 yards atm, and I know the KAC flip up sights are pretty expensive so more than likely I will stick with the MBUS. If anyone has good suggestions or tips please let me know.

Iraqgunz
11-25-15, 17:39
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?130014-Magpul-MBUS-Pro

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?171725-Suggest-BUIS

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?175214-back-up-sights

Airhasz
11-25-15, 17:42
Those are great choices, can't go wrong with either. I assume you are talking about the MBUS Pro model.

GH41
11-25-15, 18:23
Forget about folding and do DD fixed.

Predator Rises
11-25-15, 20:05
Forget about folding and do DD fixed.
I eventually plan on getting an optic, so I want to have folding sights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

seb5
11-26-15, 11:52
I may be behind the times but several years ago I settled on the Troy's and for a BUIS I see no reason to switch. All of my rifles have them. I have used most of what's out there and as a BUIS saw no reason to change. If I was buying now I may look at what's out there but only about 5% of my rifle shooting is done using irons so it's no that important to me.

GH41
11-26-15, 16:45

What kind of optic? If anything other than a red dot I would put the cheapest plastic BUIS on for now and when you scope it put a good set of offset irons on it.

Airhasz
11-26-15, 17:33

Here you go, best bang for the buck and best price I've seen. Low profile and will easily fit under a magnified optic. Have a set on the way to one of my uppers as we speak.
http://vfgunrunners.com/magpul-mbus-pro-sight-set.html

b2dap1
11-26-15, 17:51
Another vote for fixed sights. DD, LMT or Larue. All solid options.

Predator Rises
11-26-15, 18:41
What kind of optic? If anything other than a red dot I would put the cheapest plastic BUIS on for now and when you scope it put a good set of offset irons on it.
Idk haven't decided yet, but I'm not getting one for awhile. Also idk how i feel abut having offsets and with an optic. I feel like it would just be awkward sticking out like that.

GH41
11-26-15, 19:25
Idk haven't decided yet, but I'm not getting one for awhile. Also idk how i feel abut having offsets and with an optic. I feel like it would just be awkward sticking out like that.

Think about what you said. You've got this scope sitting over your backup sight right? Your scope craps it's pants. You have to remove the scope to deploy the backup sight right? Right. You have to flip both throw levers on your $175 QD mount to get it off then flip both BUS up. 3-4 seconds if you practice and don't mind dropping your scope to the ground. With offsets rolling the rifle doesn't take a fraction of a second to get back in the game. Folding offsets don't stick out any more than folding BUIS sights stick up. Like I said... Get DD fixed for now and sell them when you put the glass on. They will fast on the EE.

Skyyr
11-26-15, 19:42
Troy BUIS. Primary Arms has them on sale for $109.98 for the set through Sunday. No brainer, in my opinion.

Airhasz
11-26-15, 19:50
Troy BUIS. Primary Arms has them on sale for $109.98 for the set through Sunday. No brainer, in my opinion.

You like that deal better than Mbuspro for $128.95 / free shipping?

Skyyr
11-26-15, 20:11
You like that deal better than Mbuspro for $128.95 / free shipping?

Personally, yes. I think the MBUS and Troy BUIS are about equal in terms of quality. The MBUS are $19 (18%) more. Unless you're looking for a specific aesthetic or pop-up vs lock-up functionality, the Troys are the apparent value.

Edit to add: I believe Troy's BUIS are a better value in general for standard sights. If we're talking 45*/offset sights, the MBUS are clearly better, IMO.