PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Infidel

hawklet06
11-28-15, 14:58
I've been considering a 13.7 Infidel, but my main concern in the flaming pig. It's my understanding the pig works best on SBRs.

Is the 13.7 too long for the pig?

Iraqgunz
11-28-15, 16:10
13.7" is an SBR until the MD is pinned. Noveske tends to overgas some of their stuff so whether or not the PIG is needed for cycling is questionable and most likely it's focus is to direct blast forward.

I've been considering a 13.7 Infidel, but my main concern in the flaming pig. It's my understanding the pig works best on SBRs.

Is the 13.7 too long for the pig?

daddyusmaximus
11-28-15, 17:04
The government thinks anything short of 16" is short so there's that, but yeah, the pig is good for directing the blast of an SBR forward. I had one on a 7.5" gun and one on a 9.5" gun.

tom12.7
11-28-15, 17:12
A 13.5"ish SBR can fit some roles. If you get a 13.7" with a permanent attachment to avoid the NFA, you would probably be better served with a 16" barrel.
When the rifle length URX 3.0 rail was available, 13.5"ish SBR's had some popularity.
I do question the gassing of the Noveske 13.7", it can be a lot. If a Noveske barrel was used for what I did, we started with longer barrels to use a smaller port and cut the barrel and profile it to fit into role better.

tom12.7
11-28-15, 18:07
A 13.5"ish SBR can fit some roles. If you get a 13.7" with a permanent attachment to avoid the NFA, you would probably be better served with a 16" barrel.
When the rifle length URX 3.0 rail was available, 13.5"ish SBR's had some popularity.
I do question the gassing of the Noveske 13.7", it can be a lot. If a Noveske barrel was used for what I did, we started with longer barrels to use a smaller port and cut the barrel and profile it to fit into the role better.
Edited to add: Wow, my lack of typing skills is kind of funny, to me at least. I thought auto-correct was bad, but maybe my typing skills top that!

hawklet06
11-30-15, 21:39
So, as a follow-up, what does the Infidel do that any other 14.5 with a pinned and welded muzzle break can't do?

As best as I can tell, the only benefit of the Infidel is you can run the Pig in the shortest non-SBR set-up. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rayrevolver
12-01-15, 10:11
In my mind, the 13.7"+KX3 is a nose heavy beast that is the worst of all worlds. Its a lot of weight compared to a regular 16" upper and its not handy like an SBR. And if you are going to deal with nose heavy, at least make it a suppressor. You want short? Go with a Pistol + Sig Brace/Blade.

What do you own now? What are you looking to do? If its just fun, buy the Infidel+KX3 and see if you like it. There was one for sale in EE recently for $750.

With the trend towards lighter components you could build a really light upper and hang a suppressor on it, for the same weight as the combo you mention. The 13.7 Infidel + KX3 = 38 oz! I just built an 11.5 + Trek Suppressor which is 34 oz.

BillBond
12-01-15, 10:14
In my mind, the 13.7"+KX3 is a nose heavy beast that is the worst of all worlds......

It would make a good club.

andersenvincent7
12-03-15, 19:15
The only thing I know about that device on longer barrels is it makes for a rather good flash hider aside from that I don't see alot of point unless the goal is to direct concussion forward.

TNW
12-03-15, 21:07
I had one. It shot great. Bit nose heavy, but apparently it makes it closer to 16.5 and there is another MD that makes it closer to 16" if that is what you are going for. Can't confirm this so it may be rumor. Mine didn't seem too overgassed when I had it, but some people are more picky than I am with that... Something that strikes me as overgassed is my 10.5 LMT with a can when I used an H buffer.