PDA

View Full Version : Good AR platform smith

quackhead
11-29-15, 12:27
I'm looking for a good smith to shave some FSB s done and install 12" Larue rails. Any recommendations? I've had one well known company do a rifle and the rail is loose after approx 600 rds ( I'd rather not put their name out until they have time to respond to my email - just noticed it and sent them a message) have several more rifles to do and want to find an alternative

Thanks

Hmac
11-29-15, 12:45
I've used both ADCO and Rainier for barrel work as well as gas block and FSB installation. ADCO tends to accompany such an installation with a lot of scratches and marring IME, but I've had no issues with Rainier. I wouldn't have thought to have them install the rail, but I do always send them the rail-specific barrel nut to slip on before installing the GB or FSB. I guess I wouldn't see a rail loosening up as a big deal unless it was because the barrel nut had loosened.

quackhead
11-29-15, 13:45
I'll reach out to rainier

Thanks

11-29-15, 15:20
I know you've picked Rainier but I've never had any issues with Adco. Never experienced what Hmac did but I've sent them many projects over the years and never got builds back that were all scratched up. I even sent them my coveted circa 2009 full factory Noveske N4 to have the FSB shaved down. No problems. Again, YMMV. I heard Rainier does good work. I've used Virginia Arms as well.

Ryno12
11-29-15, 16:00
It helps to state your location as there may be members here that know of someone local to you.
That would also mitigate any costs & issues that could arise with shipping.