PDA

View Full Version : Leupold VX6 1-6x Multigun CDS

PathfilmsNZ
12-01-15, 00:00
A short film review of the newish Leupold VX6 1-6x24 Multigun CDS with CMR2 reticle, on my 13.5" AR for 3gun/hunting. I like it a lot so far. It's very light, has a good reticle, good eye relief & eye box, is fast to use but still precise enough for accuracy, has a good simple reticle and decent adjustments. Downsides are minor fisheye distortion, illumination isn't *super* bright, and the turrets are a bit shit. And the magnification ring is stiff to turn - need a throw lever for it. Also the Leupold badge fell off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcfTbSnCoqI

Bluedreaux
12-18-15, 15:09
I've heard conflicting answers from Leupold. Is the illumination the same as their Firedot or their old illumination?

mic2377
12-19-15, 05:49
I have one too - my comments would exactly echo yours, right down to the letter. I find it an excellent match for my 18" 308 AR carbine that I use for hunting.

The illumination is NOT the same as the firedot. The whole donut/dot is illuminated vs the 1/3 MOA red dot of the fire dot. The push button module with motion sensor is the same however.

fledge
12-21-15, 12:10
I almost pulled the trigger on this one until I read the newer reviews coming in. I hope their version 2 improves on this, including illumination. The 1-6x market still seems to be working though adolescence, but this scope is the right direction of features including weight.