PDA

View Full Version : Remington stock swap?

mew
08-06-08, 16:01
anybody swap their factory stock for a speedfeed? never done it, anybody have how to advice? special tool etc.?
thanks

Firecop203
08-06-08, 22:02
Just a big screwdriver.
If I remember correctly, mine was a phillips. There was a spacer that I had to remove to get the Speedfeed to fit correctly.

mopar
08-10-08, 11:17
Slide a philips(helps to spray the length of the screwdriver with Wd40) in the rubber butpad holes to unscrew the the but pad and then there will be one long screw that attatches the stock to the receiver mine was a big flathead. Never installed the speedfeed but it should be the reverse for install.

RWK
08-10-08, 19:22
It's very easy.

As mopar wrote - lube the screwdriver before turning the screws in the recoil pad. This will help avoid any tearing of the pad. Use the smallest diameter screwdriver you can.

Don't take the recoil pad completely off. Take out the bottom screw; loosen the top screw enough to rotate the recoil pad out of the way to get to the stock bolt.

Go to your local hardware store and get two thicker, steel washers to use instead of the supplied washer from Speedfeed. You could use one flat and one crush washer if you like. Lowe's and Home depot only carry Chinese garbage so, try an Ace Hardware or similar store.

Use Loctite on the replacement stock bolt.