PDA

View Full Version : 308 AR Brake/Hider input

Hi-Lander
12-01-15, 09:56
Got all the parts in from PSA to build a 16" 308. Being a M14S guy I thought throwing one of these together would get me in the 308AR game for a general hunting, target out to 400yds on the cheap to see if the 308AR is for me.
My wife is wanting to shoot this as well, questions is- what brake or hider is everyone using with real world results? I have used Troy Brakes and Manticore Night Brakes with good results on my AR's, AK's and Sig 556.
Recoil reduction/manageability for follow up shots would be first with low flash properties second.

Thanks in advance

Jeepman1320
12-06-15, 10:23
I have been running SJC Titans on all my rifles for a while and they work extremely well. I have tried to go other routes to save a little on length and weight, but always go back. They are not stupid concussive when you are behind the gun, but if you are sitting next to the shooter under a covered range it isn't much fun unless you double up on your ears.

TheChunkNorris
12-06-15, 12:00
Have an AAC 3 pronged 51t on my LMT... I have no choice because I shoot it suppressed but it's a pleasure to shoot anyway,