PDA

View Full Version : Silencerco Omega 9K. Coming 2016.

domestique
12-01-15, 11:15
Just got an email that SiCo released a new suppressor. Looks perfect for 9mm PDWs.

SilencerCo Omega 9K Specs:

Length: 4.7”
Weight: 7.2 oz
Diameter: 1.475”
Finish: Black Oxide
Sound Rating: 124.9 dB with 147gr Ammunition Includes 3-Lug and Direct Thread Mount for Maximum Versatility.
MSRP:$865.00

domestique
12-01-15, 11:22
Looks like capitol armory is getting the exclusive first release.

www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-omega-9k-suppressor.html

Quick Overview

SilencerCo's latest offering, the Omega 9K will be available in early 2016.
The Omega 9K is an ultra short 9mm and 300BLK suppressor and is the best performing 9mm suppressor under 5 inches. It is full-auto rated for both supersonic and subsonic ammunition. The Omega 9K comes with a piston and adapter for use on browning type actions (pistols) and is compatible with existing SilencerCo Octane pistons, fixed barrel, and 3-lug mounts.

SC-Texas
12-01-15, 11:31
Awesome company

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

domestique
12-01-15, 11:35
Awesome company

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, hopefully 41P is delayed/canceled. I would love to get one of these and do a direct thread on an EVO Scorpion.

srshooter
12-01-15, 12:18
SilencerCo Omega 9K Specs:

Length: 4.7”
Weight: 7.2 oz
Diameter: 1.475”
Finish: Black Oxide
Sound Rating: 124.9 dB with 147gr Ammunition Includes 3-Lug and Direct Thread Mount for Maximum Versatility.
MSRP:$865.00

That length is without the 3 lug adaptor- that probably adds 1.6" anyway, making it .1" longer and .075" larger diameter than the Griffin Optimus in the 3-lug config. That apparently matches the sound performance and is user servicable and multi-platform configurable. Then you can of course run it on a 300 win mag in another config, or put an A2 mount on it and run it on a carbine.

A welded 9mm can seems like a step backward when everyone knows they lose serious performance in 6000 rounds.

domestique
12-01-15, 13:04
That length is without the 3 lug adaptor- that probably adds 1.6" anyway, making it .1" longer and .075" larger diameter than the Griffin Optimus in the 3-lug config. That apparently matches the sound performance and is user servicable and multi-platform configurable. Then you can of course run it on a 300 win mag in another config, or put an A2 mount on it and run it on a carbine.

A welded 9mm can seems like a step backward when everyone knows they lose serious performance in 6000 rounds.

Where did you read that?

The front looks welded, but the rear doesn't. The stack probably comes out the back. In direct thread mode it is shorter and 6+ ozs lighter then the Optimus. It wasn't designed to compete with the Optimus, but a specialty can for those with PDWs that want an extremely small length/weight and still having good db reduction.

I love the modular cans that are hitting the market (SiCo Hybrid, Griffin Optimus etc.). They are great for those only wanting 1 or 2 suppressors... but they will never beat out a suppressor designed for a specific purpose (weight etc.).

plinkerr
12-01-15, 13:14
Where did you read that?

According to the listing on Capitol Armory it can't be disassembled. Looks like it could be an awesome niche can, but from what I've seen so far I'm not super interested. I felt kind of the same way about the Osprey Micro when it came out.

KalashniKEV
12-01-15, 13:16
A welded 9mm can seems like a step backward...

BOOM!

Truth bomb.

One length, welded stack, non-user-serviceable, short can?

It's like releasing a new iPod with all the same great features as 1999's Diamond Rio MP3 Player.

Where did you read that?

The front looks welded, but the rear doesn't. The stack probably comes out the back.

See all those yucky welds?

Them's the baffles... and they ain't coming out.

domestique
12-01-15, 13:41
According to the listing on Capitol Armory it can't be disassembled. Looks like it could be an awesome niche can, but from what I've seen so far I'm not super interested. I felt kind of the same way about the Osprey Micro when it came out.

I see that now. Damn, it would have been an awesome can if they designed a monocore with the Omega baffle stack.

Is rather have a Octane K/Rev 9 that was user serviceable (although louder).

srshooter
12-01-15, 13:59
I see that now. Damn, it would have been an awesome can if they designed a monocore with the Omega baffle stack.

Is rather have a Octane K/Rev 9 that was user serviceable (although louder).

What ammo is the 124.7 happening with? If they were running special K (~930FPS 9mm 147) the Octane K and Rev 9 would probably match or beat that. 147 subsonic is a broad category. The MP5SD full size meters 128DB and that can is huge but that is also running NATO pressure 115's and porting them down to subsonic velocity [working to quiet the ammo in a way opposite the most efficient means].

KalashniKEV
12-01-15, 14:29
Damn, it would have been an awesome can if they designed a monocore with the Omega baffle stack.

The Omega does not use a monocore.

What you wrote does not make sense.

domestique
12-01-15, 15:05
The Omega does not use a monocore.

What you wrote does not make sense.

No shit.

Read what I wrote (emphasis on the words "If they designed"). "If they designed a monocore".... i.e. instead of using a removeable CTA baffle stack like the Octane series, it appears like they used the Omega baffle design welded to the can. If they designed an Omega baffle stack that was a monocore and removable, it would accomplished both the db reduction and user serviceability..... but would sacrifice weight savings.

plinkerr
12-01-15, 15:48
No shit.

Read what I wrote (emphasis on the words "If they designed"). "If they designed a monocore".... i.e. instead of using a removeable CTA baffle stack like the Octane series, it appears like they used the Omega baffle design welded to the can. If they designed an Omega baffle stack that was a monocore and removable, it would accomplished both the db reduction and user serviceability..... but would sacrifice weight savings.

I understood what you meant, but maybe that's because I thought the same thing when I first saw the Omega 9K. Great minds?