PDA

View Full Version : Will M193 ammo work with a ACOG TA11F, out of a flattop mounted 16" bbl?

ram2390
08-06-08, 19:06
I know that the TA11F is calibrated for a 62 grain m855 round out of a 14.5" flattop.

Does anyone have any experiences or insight into shooting M193 55 grain ammo with the above mentioned acog? At what ranges can I expect significant bullet drop to the point where its useless to use the acog built in BDC lines? If I zero the tip at 100 meters like im supposed to, will the BDC lines still work within MOA of the lines?

Battl3fr0nt
08-08-08, 07:10
it will work to 600 yards where it will drop about 9".

Gutshot John
08-08-08, 08:04
I've been experimenting with the same thing on my FAL and a 7.62 TA-33, but the ammo I use is actually the same grain. It should be noted that even with the right ammo, the BDC lines are rough, but good enough. I've not shot out to 600 yards, but at 400, it's pretty close to MOA without measuring. I did have to slightly adjust my POA.

The longer the distance the more you're going to have to adjust fire as more variables are added and add up. It's not a sniper scope and even still ranging is not precise.

Within MOA of the lines? I'd be skeptical, but you'd have to try to find out. I'd definitely try some longer range target practice to get a baseline of how your zero performs with the ammo in your climate.

As Battlefront said at closer ranges the difference should be marginal but figure out your holdover.

MisterWilson
08-09-08, 21:15
Here you go.

Everything you could ever want to know about matching up barrel lengths, ammunition, & ACOGS. (http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=229420)

Battl3fr0nt
08-10-08, 08:01
well the BDC chart on it is pretty right on.. less then an inch off if you did a good zero on the ACOG and no it is not a sniper scope.. its not really a scope.. but it can be used as one once you learn it.. its more of a counter sniper optic/marksman optic.