PDA

View Full Version : HARTMAN command arms red dot?

U&A
12-03-15, 15:13
as expensive as this it it better be comparable to an eotech. a quick search function didn't find anything (sorry if I missed it). anyone have any experience with this yet? seems kinda gimmicky with the remote control (whats the point?) and USB charge deal. and it looks HUGE ( i know...T.W.S.S) but so does the field of view. looks interesting to say the least.

EDIT: http://hartman-il.com/main-advantages/

http://store.commandarms.com/hartman-red-dot-reflex-sight-1/

GH41
12-03-15, 15:38
Too many features that are worthless to me plus it weighs 13oz. Remember Murphy's law.

Digital_Damage
12-04-15, 08:08
Seems interesting.

Big fan of the intermediate lens, that should resolve any image shift.

13 oz is also not too heavy, only 1.4oz over the EXPs2. That is more than likely due to the extra battery.

I would like to know how long the internal battery last.

I would be interested in testing one.

wolf_walker
12-13-15, 20:17
This sort of thing will appeal more to the smartphone generation, and more so over time
as they come online. Come back in 30 years, assuming we still have guns, and the optics will have a lot more
going on than just a dot or some BDC. Baby steps. I'd try one.
Personally I'm waiting for my Google Glass HUD to interface with the rangefinder and optic....

Digital_Damage
12-13-15, 20:31
This sort of thing will appeal more to the smartphone generation, and more so over time
as they come online. Come back in 30 years, assuming we still have guns, and the optics will have a lot more
going on than just a dot or some BDC. Baby steps. I'd try one.
Personally I'm waiting for my Google Glass HUD to interface with the rangefinder and optic....

Well you should be happy soon then. Not google glass, but same concept.

wolf_walker
12-13-15, 20:42
Better minds than I been jerking around with that basic concept for a long while now, I expect to see it in use
before I kick off. Heck of a lot of potential if it'll hold up and be simple enough.
Doubt I'll be able to afford it but who knows.

PrarieDog
12-13-15, 22:39
I see the USB charger being outdated in a few years. Seems as if chargers and connections change every few years and not wanting to deal with adapters, Cool concept. I do prefer either solar recharging or super long battery life.

wolf_walker
12-13-15, 22:45
I see the USB charger being outdated in a few years. Seems as if chargers and connections change every few years and not wanting to deal with adapters, Cool concept. I do prefer either solar recharging or super long battery life.

Most likely, USB type C is coming along now and it's a good thing, but all your old stuff
don't work. From a sales standpoint, it's great, you release rev-2.0 next year with the new
plug! lol....

Plasman
12-13-15, 22:52

Most likely, USB type C is coming along now and it's a good thing, but all your old stuff
don't work. From a sales standpoint, it's great, you release rev-2.0 next year with the new
plug! lol....

Seeing as how the charger itself usually has a USB-A connector, why can't you just connect your micro cable to whatever new charger comes out? Micro cables will be around for the next decade... I still see products with the vastly outdated USB Mini connectors...

wolf_walker
12-13-15, 22:58
Seeing as how the charger itself usually has a USB-A connector, why can't you just connect your micro cable to whatever new charger comes out? Micro cables will be around for the next decade... I still see products with the vastly outdated USB Mini connectors...

You can find adaptors/cables for anything, I still have a couple legacy devices with the old small USB standard, Micro, Mini, wtf ever it was called. One of them is a $$$$ digital camera, stuff like that
hangs on. Hell I still use firewire. People like to harp on the cable congruency across devices, I'm not that bugged by it but it's a thing for a lot of folks.

BrigandTwoFour
12-14-15, 11:32

I can see the appeal of one or the other, but the USB charger is interesting because you can plug it into a variety of power sources- including a portable solar panel like the goal zero ones.

http://www.goalzero.com/p/11/nomad-7-solar-panel

I can envision a long term trend towards USB rechargeable military kit compatible with COTS solar panels.

I'm certainly intrigued by the optic, and am very tempted to try one out once released.

wolf_walker
12-14-15, 11:52
It's a neat idea. You can buy a really small/light USB battery for next to nothing these days, wouldn't take much to ruggedize one.
I've got one that's 6x3 and it'll charge a modern giant-screen cell phone two or three times, and something older like
an iphone 4 maybe half a dozen. It weighs what an empty pmag does if that, and it'd be smaller without the wireless
charging built into it. You could sew enough of these modern batteries into a stiff gun belt to run a heck of a lot
of tech these days.

tonyxcom
01-01-16, 15:02
As someone who has worked in IT for many years I don't know why they chose Micro USB. Sure, cables are common because of cel phones, but it has to be one of the most fragile iterations of USB connectors ever. USB-C is only marginally better, only because you can plug it in upside-down.

It's one thing if the cables break, they are easy and cheap enough to replace, but when the micro usb receptacle on the optic breaks (either by forcing in the cable upside down, or breaking the fragile "male" end inside, it will need to go in for service. Not to mention dirt or sand getting into it.

also having the charging port on the front means the muzzle is going to be pointed in some interesting directions as you look into the charging port to make sure you are plugging in the cable the right way.

SteveL
01-01-16, 17:06
It does look interesting for sure. I'd like to see one in person to see if I can see the reticle clearly or not.

wolf_walker
01-01-16, 18:45
Those usb sockets can be made a heck of a lot more secure than they usually are.
Hopefully these guys do so, I'm sure someone will break em, someone always does,
but time will tell for most of us.

ramairthree
01-02-16, 08:26
Call me a dick but when you showcase your gear in a photo on some pseudo rater next to his thigh holster down by his knee etc. it makes me wonder...

wolf_walker
01-02-16, 13:49
Lot of that IDF stuff seems.. odd.. to us. They seem to bebop right along with it though.

Boba Fett v2
04-05-16, 12:40
I've been looking at these for the past week or so myself. Big fan of the EOTech reticle and form factor, which is what attracts me to the MH1 among other things. However, I'm not dropping any more money on their optics until they recover from the current fiasco and improve their product line to address the known shortcomings. This device looks like a good solution for those wanting something other than another red dot. Looks like they won't be shipping until late summer or early fall, so I'm tempted to pre-order one even though I've never been an early adopter.

U&A
04-05-16, 12:44
I've been looking at these for the past week or so myself. Big fan of the EOTech reticle and form factor, which is what attracts me to the MH1 among other things. However, I'm not dropping any more money on their optics until they recover from the current fiasco and improve their product line to address the known shortcomings. This device looks like a good solution for those wanting something other than another red dot. Looks like they won't be shipping until late summer or early fall, so I'm tempted to pre-order one even though I've never been an early adopter.

I was at a body shop in the waiting room and happend to be sitting next to a guy that supplied parts to EOTech. I asked him about the fiasco and he assured me that the issues were being addressed. thats I i got out of him.

Boba Fett v2
04-05-16, 12:56
I was at a body shop in the waiting room and happend to be sitting next to a guy that supplied parts to EOTech. I asked him about the fiasco and he assured me that the issues were being addressed. thats I i got out of him.

At the last SHOT an EOTech rep spoke openly about the current situation and said they're getting getting closer to a working solution, but they're still not there yet. I'm not holding my breath for a big announcement for a new and improved HWS anytime soon. They'll need to do some extensive T&E to prove to themselves and the shooting community that they can be trusted to deliver a product that works as advertised. EOTech Breaks Silence over Defective Sights (http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/01/21/eotech-breaks-silence-over-defective-sights.html)

U&A
04-05-16, 12:58
At the last SHOT an EOTech rep spoke openly about the current situation and said they're getting getting closer to a working solution, but they're still not there yet. I'm not holding my breath for a big announcement for a new and improved HWS anytime soon. They'll need to do some extensive T&E to prove to themselves and the shooting community that they can be trusted to deliver a product that works as advertised. EOTech Breaks Silence over Defective Sights (http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/01/21/eotech-breaks-silence-over-defective-sights.html)

Understood. just sharing

Ned Christiansen
04-05-16, 19:47
Not yet available as best I know. I hope to get one as soon as they are available.

BBossman
04-06-16, 10:47
The dual battery with the rechargeable feature is interesting, and the computer interface is the wave of the future for everything. That said, I won't be rushing out to get one.