PDA

View Full Version : Specific geissele question

K1tt3n5
12-04-15, 01:27
For those of you using fireclean are you using fireclean on the trigger as well, or are you using the grease that geissele ships with the trigger? I tried search this site as well as a few others and came up empty.
Thank you for your time.

AKDoug
12-04-15, 02:34
When I installed my SSA I dabbed a little grease that they sent with it. I'm not sure I've ever consciously lubed it since then. I do use Fireclean, but I generally only lube the BCG. It has seemed to work just fine for several thousand rounds fired.

Airhasz
12-04-15, 02:42
I use the grease that came with the trigger, just a small amount in the areas shown on the diagram. That sample will last a while considering how little is needed.

556BlackRifle
12-04-15, 03:44
I use the grease that came with the trigger, just a small amount in the areas shown on the diagram. That sample will last a while considering how little is needed.

Same here and I agree, that grease will last for years.

firefighter37
12-04-15, 03:50
On all my G triggers (SSAs, SSA-E, DMR, S3G) I oil the pin holes and use the G grease that's included. I tried not greasing the recommended spots, and it seemed like the trigger weight felt heavier and less smooth. I realize it is not actually heavier, it just felt that way.

I use FireClean, but only on the BCG, and I run it relatively wet. Since I run 99% suppressed, I clean the lower quite often and make it a point to regrease all recommended spots with the included grease.

WS6
12-04-15, 06:46
For those of you using fireclean are you using fireclean on the trigger as well, or are you using the grease that geissele ships with the trigger? I tried search this site as well as a few others and came up empty.
Thank you for your time.

I use it on everything. Geissele trigger included. I'm not really a trigger snob, but it seems fine to me?

Tigereye
12-04-15, 06:52

Same here. This is also the way I lubed the trigger before I started using Fireclean.

themonk
12-04-15, 08:03
I primarily shoot suppressed. On average shoot 500 - 1k before cleaning and if I am really lazy I just blast the upper and lower with gun scrubber. I then do a very light relube of everything with fireclean including the trigger as the gun scrubber completely pulls all oil out of the system. After that I go back and grease the trigger with the grease that geissele ships per the install directions.

hawkeb
12-04-15, 08:49
I like fireclean but seems to get sitcky when it sits over time. Works on BCG but for triggers I would go with what Geissele recommends....they seem to be the gold standard when it come to ar triggers

K1tt3n5
12-04-15, 10:02
Thanks for all of the replies. Seems like their recommendation is definitely the way to go.

Biggy
12-04-15, 21:14
Thank you for your time.

G&R Tactical sells it : http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GREAS&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dgrease%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html

K1tt3n5
12-04-15, 21:23
G&R Tactical sells it : http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=GREAS&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dgrease%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html

Never knew anyone sold it outside of the large shell containers, thanks! I still have a bunch though.

HKGuns
12-04-15, 22:06
I use lubri-plate grease or oil on my G triggers.

bruin
12-05-15, 00:35
I use a 70% molybdenum disulfide grease. Works great as anti seize for barrel nuts, too.