PDA

View Full Version : EOTech Issuing Refunds?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wake27
12-04-15, 09:48
So LAV has been posting on his Facebook that he is getting confirmation that EOTech is approving refunds for people contacting them based off of the recent scandal. Is anyone here doing this? Are they issuing a refund for the full MSRP? I just got a used EXPS 3 at a great price and have always been a big EOTech fanboy, but if they are really issuing out refunds for the entire, MSRP, I may have to trade it in for a T2. Not trying to start another debate on the situation or anything, just curious about the refunds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasAggie2005
12-04-15, 09:53
A couple of posters on pistol-forum.com are saying yes.

C4IGrant
12-04-15, 11:07
I did the refund and put in what I paid. They accepted that and authorized the return on 3 EOTech's I had since 2007.

C4

SteveL
12-04-15, 11:29
What are they accepting as proof of purchase price? I don't know that I still have my original sales receipt?

lahunter57
12-04-15, 11:31
Has anyone received the refund? Just curious of the method they are using.

C4IGrant
12-04-15, 11:40
What are they accepting as proof of purchase price? I don't know that I still have my original sales receipt?

Nothing really. You do have to send them the optic back though.

C4

C4IGrant
12-04-15, 11:41
Has anyone received the refund? Just curious of the method they are using.

Not yet, but I think they send you a check.

C4

SteveL
12-04-15, 11:51
Nothing really. You do have to send them the optic back though.

C4

Ok thanks. I didn't figure I'd be able to keep it, but thinking of replacing it with an Accupower.

ggammell
12-04-15, 12:09
Anyone got a link handy?

wgsig
12-04-15, 13:35
Just go to the Eotech support page and fill out the return & repair authorization form. In the text box, state you want a refund and your purchase price.

Talon167
12-04-15, 13:58
Curious to see when people will start actually getting refunds. I've got an old EOTech that's already died on me and been in for repairs. I still have it, but don't really trust it enough to use in a class. I bought it new but don't recall what I paid for it.

Anyway, whoever's done this keep us updated.

TF82
12-04-15, 15:07
I would be really interested to hear how this goes for people. I have an EXPS-2 that hasn't been a problem, but I think I'll be jumping off this sinking ship as soon as I can. I know that I'll probably never have a problem with mine, but their fraud has significantly devalued my sight and this scandal has me a bit worried about future product support.

SPDGG
12-04-15, 15:44
fwiw:

Filled out my Return Auth. with Requesting Refund & Purchase Price of ____ in both text boxes, Authorization w/ Instructions email from Mike Kroll, Customer Service Manager, of EOTech received 10 minutes later.
Packaged up & on the way back.

I also included the original invoice with the authorization email.

Talon167
12-04-15, 16:18
I just found my receipt. Bought mine in 2010 for $380 from Rainier. If I sent mine in I'd just buy an Aimpoint PRO for ~ the same price. I am very interested in the turnaround time. The holidays surely won't help.

I assume there is no cutoff time for this?

Keep us updated!

Bagherra
12-04-15, 17:45
What started this all?

12-04-15, 17:59
What started this all?

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/30/ussocom-issues-safety-use-message-eotech-enhanced-combat-optical-sights-plus-goings/

PS I'm not affiliated with that site. Just passing on info. Supposedly they (EOTech) set aside money for this.

CatSnipah
12-04-15, 20:00
Glad I stumbled on this thread.

I've had no problems with my xps 2, and I love the open sight pic. But, can it trust it long term now? Will they be around to service in the future?

May be time to eject and go to Aimpoint or Trijicon.

12-04-15, 20:57
We better hope EOTech is prepared for the onslaught of return/refund requests. Better get it while it's still good. I'm sure they'll get a metric shit ton of requests over the weekend since the word is rapidly spreading.

Plasman
12-04-15, 21:35
Just filled out my RMA as well. Now to replace the EXPS3-0 with another H1 or T1...

CatSnipah
12-04-15, 21:58
Just filled out my RMA as well. Now to replace the EXPS3-0 with another H1 or T1...

Yeah I filled out the form - just bought an Aimpoint PRO. For all the more I do with my rifle, I figured it would be a good optic for me. This really makes me sad - I REALLY liked my xps2, but I'm really concerned that L-3 won't be around long-term to support me if anything happens to my EoTech in the future.

But, I'm SURE I will enjoy my Aimpoint once I get used to the change.

texancarbine73
12-04-15, 23:04
So its Eotech going away?

Yeah I filled out the form - just bought an Aimpoint PRO. For all the more I do with my rifle, I figured it would be a good optic for me. This really makes me sad - I REALLY liked my xps2, but I'm really concerned that L-3 won't be around long-term to support me if anything happens to my EoTech in the future.

But, I'm SURE I will enjoy my Aimpoint once I get used to the change.

stank
12-04-15, 23:35
I have an exps 2, filled out form and will see what happens. Worst case they tell me to pound sand. I will update when I get a response.

Wake27
12-04-15, 23:54
I'm curious how bad this is going to hurt them. If there is a possibility they'll go under, I'd rather jump now. Otherwise, assuming EOTech can bounce back, I'll gladly keep my EXPS 3.

CatSnipah
12-05-15, 00:10
I'm curious how bad this is going to hurt them. If there is a possibility they'll go under, I'd rather jump now. Otherwise, assuming EOTech can bounce back, I'll gladly keep my EXPS 3.

You can likely expect to see a class action suit in a situation like this.

SteveL
12-05-15, 06:23

My thoughts as well. I really like the Eotech reticle and I shoot well with it (not the case with an Aimpoint), but it's already had to go in for repair once and I don't feel comfortable selling to a 3rd party due to it's history. If I can unload it back to the manufacturer I think I'd be foolish not to.

serbonze
12-05-15, 07:14
I would be all for returning all three that I own, but it know of no viable alternative at this time. As much as I would like to switch over to Aimpoint (and I've tried several times), my eyes just don't like the Aimpoint reticle.

Ryno12
12-05-15, 07:56
L3 Communications is a $10.3 Billion dollar company. They set aside $26M to settle this case. Other than possibly some changes in management, my guess is that they'll be fine.
I don't see EOTech going anywhere & I'll be holding on to all of mine... Except the one that's delaminating is going back for repairs.

TF82
12-05-15, 07:56
Filled out my request this morning. I'm sure I won't get a response any earlier than Monday. I'm really hoping this is going to work out for me and the turn around is somewhat quick. Honestly it's kind of a relief for me. While I've never had any issues with the two I've owned or the one I've had issued on my patrol rifle for years now, with all the reported problems I've always felt a little uneasy about having my own money into one. I stuck with Eotechs because we use them at work and I wanted to have consistency in my training, but this latest revelation and my fear that Eotech may not be around much longer finally convinced me that perfect consistency isn't worth what I have personally invested.

TexasAggie2005
12-05-15, 08:07
L3 Communications is a $10.3 Billion dollar company. They set aside $26M to settle this case. Other than possibly some changes in management, my guess is that they'll be fine.
I don't see EOTech going anywhere & I'll be holding on to all of mine... Except the one that's delaminating is going back for repairs.
Wasn't their settlement to the US Gov for $25.6M? I doubt the remaining $400k is going to cover all the civilian returns.

Ryno12
12-05-15, 08:12
Wasn't their settlement to the US Gov for $25.6M? I doubt the remaining $400k is going to cover all the civilian returns.

Ugh... I just rounded the number.

Make whatever case out of this situation that you choose.

Talon167
12-05-15, 08:32
Well I just submitted a request. I wonder if someone is actually reviewing these or there is just an automated message being sent out. We'll see what they say...

bsoileau24
12-05-15, 08:41
Is this refund available on all models? I have a 512 that cut off twice a few weeks ago that I was going to send in for repair but would prefere the refund.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

CatSnipah
12-05-15, 08:54
Yes they are a big company...but their significant source of funding is about to go cow flop. Losing military contracts. Next will be LEO agencies.

It's going to hurt. Such a shame.

Wake27
12-05-15, 11:44
Yes they are a big company...but their significant source of funding is about to go cow flop. Losing military contracts. Next will be LEO agencies.

It's going to hurt. Such a shame.

Exactly. L3 will be fine. I'm not sure about EOTech itself.

waveslayer
12-05-15, 12:15
Just curious on how many people have experienced a 4 moa shift in their EO Techs. mine haven't. not defending them , I think what they did shouldn't go unpunished. I rarely shoot in -40 degree weather or 140 degree weather, if it's that hot I can personally shoot on a cooler day. if it's that cold I prefer to be inside.

has anyone had theirs fade over time as well? and does anyone know if they know how to fix the problem?

12-05-15, 12:26
The lawsuit said shift started at 32f. Yes my exps3-2 drifted left on me opening weekend of deer season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

TF82
12-05-15, 13:09
Just curious on how many people have experienced a 4 moa shift in their EO Techs. mine haven't. not defending them , I think what they did shouldn't go unpunished. I rarely shoot in -40 degree weather or 140 degree weather, if it's that hot I can personally shoot on a cooler day. if it's that cold I prefer to be inside.

has anyone had theirs fade over time as well? and does anyone know if they know how to fix the problem?

My department re zeros our eight Eotechs as a matter of practice every six months at qualification. Every session I've been to, each one required at least some adjustment. Granted, we're talking about two to three inches at 50 yds for most, but some more than that. I had always attributed it to the users, myself included, but now I have some doubts. I've never needed to readjust my personal, indoor living Eotech, but those patrol rifles sit in cars in the summer and in the winter. As mentioned, the problems apparently start at 32F, particularly as it relates to parallax. In the 10 years I've worked here my department has had two officer involved shootings. Neither of those officers got to pick the weather. It's nice to see that they may, at least, be willing to eat the cost of these sights.

1_click_off
12-05-15, 13:39
Mine was approved plus an extra $15 for return shipping.

It should work as advertised, I live in the Deep South and go north once in awhile. Don't feel I should have to re-zero a $500 optic every time I change locations.

When you claim to be the best, you need to be. When you screw up you own up.

Because they are treating me right, I will most likely re-invest my refund back into the company, just not sure on what yet.

waveslayer
12-05-15, 13:40
Anyone know if they know the cause and are able to fix the problem?

Not too stoked to go to an little Aimpoint

1_click_off
12-05-15, 13:51
Anyone know if they know the cause and are able to fix the problem?

Not too stoked to go to an little Aimpoint
Aimpoint Hunter is a great option.

CatSnipah
12-05-15, 14:18
Requested refund last night around 830 US ET, and just got approval email from Michael kroll.

12-05-15, 14:57
Anyone know the name of the British company who has a similar recticle to eo tech in their sight?

12-05-15, 15:11
Got my approval today as well. Looks like Kroll is working the weekends (overtime).

TF82
12-05-15, 16:50
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s609/tomfiglia/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps3dw3yygj.jpeg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/tomfiglia/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps3dw3yygj.jpeg.html)

lahunter57
12-05-15, 19:49

Mine has been back to EOTech twice for the reticle. The first time, the reticle would disappear around the edges. The second time, the reticle dimmed so much that it wasn't daylight bright on the highest setting.

When I got it back, the issues were fixed.

But, needless to say, I'm sending mine back for a refund.

Defaultmp3
12-05-15, 20:29
Anyone know the name of the British company who has a similar recticle to eo tech in their sight?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using TapatalkShield. I assume you're after this (ignore the URL naming, it's off): http://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/cqs-with-4-moa-dot

Honestly, I think this is pretty pimp: http://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/sis-switchable-interface-sight-bullet-drop
http://www.shieldpsd.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/BDC.jpg

12-05-15, 21:15
That would be it. Thanks Defaultmp3.

SteveL
12-05-15, 22:15
Shield. I assume you're after this (ignore the URL naming, it's off): http://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/cqs-with-4-moa-dot

Honestly, I think this is pretty pimp: http://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/sis-switchable-interface-sight-bullet-drop

That looks interesting but it concerns me that I've never heard of it before.

I'm glad to see folks getting their approvals over the weekend. I submitted mine this evening so maybe tomorrow or Monday.

waveslayer
12-05-15, 22:18
That looks interesting but it concerns me that I've never heard of it before.

I'm glad to see folks getting their approvals over the weekend. I submitted mine this evening so maybe tomorrow or Monday.
it's the old JP and Docter optics red dot that they are using.

Which Aim point would you guys kean towards? I also have a new G33 magnifier

SteveL
12-05-15, 22:25

Oh ok thanks. I'm somewhat familiar with the Docter.

VeeDubbinJetta91
12-06-15, 01:07
Just sent in an email for mine, I still have the original packaging and receipt from purchase. I do love the sight but with the known issues I just can't trust it anymore.

CatSnipah
12-06-15, 01:48
Just sent in an email for mine, I still have the original packaging and receipt from purchase. I do love the sight but with the known issues I just can't trust it anymore.

Seems to be the general theme. I'm done and it makes me sad. Loved mine.

Wake27
12-06-15, 03:17

H/T-2. The H/T-1s are so useless with a magnifier that they need to issue refunds for those...

ex95B10
12-06-15, 05:12
I have had ZERO problems with my Eotech EXPS3 that I would hate to send it in and be left with no comparable options.
Aimpoint makes a nice optic but nice is about all I can say when compared to the view I get from the Eotech.

I guess this is one rat that will stay with the sinking ship and hope that I don't end up regretting keeping over a thousand dollars worth of optics.
As a matter of fact I'm still in the market for a 300 Blackout Eotech, so maybe if I wait I'll be able to get one dirt cheap.

HKGuns
12-06-15, 09:12
I'll be keeping all 3 of mine.

Defaultmp3
12-06-15, 10:41
That looks interesting but it concerns me that I've never heard of it before.There have been a couple reviews on them on the Internet (such as this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/12/shield-cqs-red-dot-review/); they're also issued by the MoD.

Doubletapp
12-06-15, 11:23
I'll be keeping and enjoying my two XPS sights which have performed perfectly in the 0 to 100 degree conditions I operate in.
Why on earth would I want to replace them with a sight that isn't as fast on target and has a less efficient reticle?
For greater battery life, I don't think so.

Would an Aimpoint with a 4 moa dot be any better than an Eotech that may have shifted 4 moa?

LLL stock has not crashed and I am personally up 86.5% with it. :)

I noticed the folks at the tip of the spear in the San Bernardino incident had no problem continuing to use theirs.

CatSnipah
12-06-15, 13:21
First post?

Must work for LLL and/or EoTech...part of the damage control team?

Considering the federal govt is dropping the contracts with EO, that speaks volumes.

waveslayer
12-06-15, 13:23
First post?

Considering the federal govt is dropping the contracts with EO, that speaks volumes.
valid point, but one would think that they would fix the problem. setting aside 25 million won't cover everyone. I could be wrong. the Aimpoint just seems so small... small field of view

Ryno12
12-06-15, 14:51
First post?

Ooooor... he's just not been become conditioned by the typical M4C doomsday/sky is falling/end is near mindset that most members here have.

Doubletapp
12-06-15, 16:05
First post?

Wrong, not everyone who chooses to keep them on their rifle or owns the stock works for them. My post damage control...... I'd say refunding without question is a lot more effective than some forum post.

Gov may be dropping contracts but folks who risk their lives are not all dropping them off their weapons.

Just Prince
12-06-15, 17:22
I submitted my RMA today. I can't risk it since my 512 was mounted to my work rifle. I am considering the MRO as a replacement.

waveslayer
12-06-15, 17:49
I submitted my RMA today. I can't risk it since my 512 was mounted to my work rifle. I am considering the MRO as a replacement.
I hear the MRO is like looking through a fish eye.. I will be trying it out later next week. next to the Aimpoint, which is like looking through a scope

RetroRevolver77
12-07-15, 08:19
Just trying to keep this on topic.

http://www.eotechinc.com/return-authorization-request-form

In the comments section add your issues and how much you paid requesting refund.

Talon167
12-07-15, 09:49
Submitted Saturday morning. I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Hopefully I get approval today.

Has anyone who's submitted since Sat gotten an email back from them?

npena84
12-07-15, 09:51
Just received an email this AM.

stank
12-07-15, 10:04
Submitted Friday night. Nothing as of yet. Will give it a day or so, then resubmit request.

TF82
12-07-15, 10:32
Nothing yet, but I have to imagine they're starting to get swamped.

Talon167
12-07-15, 10:34
Nothing yet, but I have to imagine they're starting to get swamped.

Was thinking the same thing. I am not in a huge hurry or anything, but didn't want to get lost in the shuffle either.

waveslayer
12-07-15, 10:40
Anyone from L3 on this forum that can respond to this thread to make it more interesting? if so, are you working on a solution? can the problem be fixed?

no offense but hearing about submitting a RA is boring at best.

12-07-15, 11:20
For the impatient folks.. remember as of now it's just ONE PERSON replying to all the requests. Maybe it'll change later on but you gotta cut the guy some slack. An argument can be made that they did it to themselves but social media and internet forums didn't help either. Don't be "that guy" and submit a few requests for the same return. I'm pretty sure Kroll is going through hundreds if not thousands of emails at this point. Give it time.

ETA: Looks like another person is on board now in replying to return requests.

TF82
12-07-15, 11:34
Funny thing is, I just got my authorization a few minutes ago and it's from a Patrice Finney so it looks like they've put some more people on this. I feel like they've actually been very prompt with this, I just hope the refunds are somewhat prompt.

stank
12-07-15, 11:39
Just got my request back from a Mrs. Finney. Best thing would be to give it some time if you placed a request. Honestly due to the fact that they have completely manned up, I would be more than willing to try it again if they ever manage to fix the issues.

RetroRevolver77
12-07-15, 11:47
Gov may be dropping contracts but folks who risk their lives are not all dropping them off their weapons.

I imagine you'll see departments nationwide upgrade after this fiasco. Eotech really screwed up with this and honestly- fudging test results and sending units for testing purposely made to pass while sending on units that wouldn't pass is outright corruption. It's a weapon sight, it is probably the most important accessory of a firearm outside of the firearm itself. This isn't even up for debate and frankly, the CEO should be thrown in prison.

waveslayer
12-07-15, 12:09
not defending EO Tech at all. I think it is criminal what they did and I am not happy. but would you rather have your EO Tech fixed. I choose the EO Tech over any other optic in that category for a reason, I prefer it over a Aimpoint. didn't the majority of you choose EO Tech over their competitors? I would hope they can solve the issue and let the law take care of the criminals and the rest of us can benefit from their huge mistake. I still like the EO Tech over the other options, just want it replaced with a 100% reliable unit

RetroRevolver77
12-07-15, 12:37
If I was a devious CEO of a weapons sight manufacturer without ethics;

1.) Issue recall notice of defective weapons sight with promise of refund.
2.) File Chaper Eleven Bankruptcy before issuing any refunds after collecting millions of old weapons sights.
3.) Sell re-furbished old weapons sights.
4.) ?????
5.) Profit.

Osborne
12-07-15, 13:46
Submitted mine earlier today, I'll be sure to report back when I get a response.

emsemt911
12-07-15, 14:10
I just sent my request in

npena84
12-07-15, 14:10
Did anyone who got approval for a refund, get an ETA on when the refund will be credited?

fledge
12-07-15, 14:16
Sent request Saturday. No reply yet.

12-07-15, 14:16
Did anyone who got approval for a refund, get an ETA on when the refund will be credited?
The blanket statement was "...as soon as possible" on my approval email. I'm in no hurry and will expect something weeks/months from now.

Osborne
12-07-15, 14:52
I sent my request noon today, and already got approved...I figured it would be a few days.

fledge
12-07-15, 14:55
What secret words did you say in the comments?

12-07-15, 15:02

Here's exactly what I put when I submitted the return.

I would like a refund for my EXPS3-2. It is used on my personal LE duty carbine. Price paid was $629.

Notes: I purchased this years ago and I can't remember how much I paid. It was round about internet retail. I can't find my purchase email. And yes, there is truth to that statement. It's used on a duty rifle.

Osborne
12-07-15, 15:20

Thats just it...I stated I wanted to return it for the purchase price I paid ($579). and I wanted to be reimbursed for return shipping, which they approved me $15 for.

Smurgeon
12-07-15, 15:23
Sent mine in on Dec 4th and it arrived at Eotech this morning. I'll update as things happen.

RetroRevolver77
12-07-15, 15:38

Just asked for a refund of my purchase price for the wandering zero in cold temperatures and battery drain issues.

MichaelVain
12-07-15, 16:16
I asked for a refund and they were very prompt.

12-07-15, 16:50
Submitted sat. Evening got an email this morning with return authorization

SteveL
12-07-15, 17:19
I submitted my request Saturday evening and got an approval email earlier this afternoon. I'll get it shipped out Wednesday.

not defending EO Tech at all. I think it is criminal what they did and I am not happy. but would you rather have your EO Tech fixed. I choose the EO Tech over any other optic in that category for a reason, I prefer it over a Aimpoint. didn't the majority of you choose EO Tech over their competitors? I would hope they can solve the issue and let the law take care of the criminals and the rest of us can benefit from their huge mistake. I still like the EO Tech over the other options, just want it replaced with a 100% reliable unit

I would truly rather have an Eotech that I knew 100% was going to work right always and forever. However, it seems they are not capable of delivering what I want. I hope at some point they get everything straightened out and when/if they do I'll be glad to use their optics again, but until they do I'll go with something that I know for sure will work.

CatSnipah
12-07-15, 18:35
I submitted my request Saturday evening and got an approval email earlier this afternoon. I'll get it shipped out Wednesday.

I would truly rather have an Eotech that I knew 100% was going to work right always and forever. However, it seems they are not capable of delivering what I want. I hope at some point they get everything straightened out and when/if they do I'll be glad to use their optics again, but until they do I'll go with something that I know for sure will work.

This x100

I have been an EoTech fanboy. But I can't agree with their actions.

If they get their crap together and get things fixed in the future (and not write-off the EO business), then I might come back. Maybe...

fledge
12-07-15, 20:23
I've submitted two RMAs now in case the first one was lost. Both without response of any kind so far.

smullen
12-08-15, 02:29
OK just sent in a request for RMA-Refund on a 552 from 2005... See what we get... I bet they just offer to fix it, me paying...

Ryno12
12-08-15, 07:37
I've submitted two RMAs now in case the first one was lost. Both without response of any kind so far.

Do you think that might just slow down the process?

HughMirin
12-08-15, 08:41
Have any Canadians had any luck returning their optic?

kgj1119
12-08-15, 09:02
Just curious.... What do professional shooters and trainers that use eotech exclusively say about all this? Have they decided to go with another sight or are they staying with eotech. What about the .mil crowd that uses them?

Wake27
12-08-15, 09:27
Just curious.... What do professional shooters and trainers that use eotech exclusively say about all this? Have they decided to go with another sight or are they staying with eotech. What about the .mil crowd that uses them?

I don't know of any pros that use EOTech exclusively. Most of them use a variety of different RDS and LPVs. The military units are the driving force behind this whole thing.

fledge
12-08-15, 09:39
This morning I got my RMA approved plus shipping expense.

waveslayer
12-08-15, 09:46
This morning I got my RMA approved plus shipping expense.
what are you replacing your EO Tech with?

Talon167
12-08-15, 09:50
Got my approval yesterday (from Saturday submittle); sent it out this morning. We'll see what happens. Thankfully I am not in a huge hurry.

Just Prince
12-08-15, 09:53
I submitted it Sunday evening. Got the email today.

kgj1119
12-08-15, 09:54
Just got my authorization for 2 eotechs

SteveL
12-08-15, 09:56

Not directed at me but I'm going to try an Accupower.

kgj1119
12-08-15, 10:08
Got my approval yesterday (from Saturday submittle); sent it out this morning. We'll see what happens. Thankfully I am not in a huge hurry.

Sending mine today also. Only thing is these are duty guns so I'm sort of in a hurry

Just Prince
12-08-15, 13:24
I am in the same boat.

StevieJ309
12-08-15, 14:30
Applied on 12/5 and was approved 12/7 - shipped it out same day. Now I'm trying to decide between the T1 and T2 as its replacement.

telecustom
12-08-15, 15:00
Are you guys sending them an email or using the "Return Authorization Request Form"?

emsemt911
12-08-15, 15:11
It tool one day to get RA, already sent via post office second day with insurance for $14.80

fledge
12-08-15, 16:07

1x4 or 1x6.

StevieJ309
12-08-15, 16:08
Are you guys sending them an email or using the "Return Authorization Request Form"?

I sent an email first, but it was pointless as he just told me to do an RMA. Do the return form and in the "comments" section you need to state that you are requesting a refund and include the price you paid.

ScottsBad
12-08-15, 16:45
EOTech AR557 was my first RDS, it was barely used as I was mainly shooting with a 1-4X. One day I switched it on and it was dim and became dimmer and dimmer. EOTech fixed it free but I never trusted it again. I switched to Aimpoint and now I own several Aimpoints.

The EOTech has been in a box for three or four years. I always meant to sell it, now I don't know where the receipt is. Crap. I don't want to be stuck with the turkey.

TexasAggie2005
12-08-15, 18:46
EOTech AR557 was my first RDS, it was barely used as I was mainly shooting with a 1-4X. One day I switched it on and it was dim and became dimmer and dimmer. EOTech fixed it free but I never trusted it again. I switched to Aimpoint and now I own several Aimpoints.

The EOTech has been in a box for three or four years. I always meant to sell it, now I don't know where the receipt is. Crap. I don't want to be stuck with the turkey.
They aren't requiring a receipt, just a claimed purchase amount.

SteveL
12-08-15, 19:25

They aren't requiring a receipt, just a claimed purchase amount.

I don't think they'll balk as long as your claimed purchase price is reasonable. MSRP or less probably won't be a problem.

Pittwm
12-08-15, 22:52
OK just sent in a request for RMA-Refund on a 552 from 2005... See what we get... I bet they just offer to fix it, me paying...

Does the refund include 552? I have one they fixed the delimitation issue for 79 bucks.... I'm still pissed and now it sits on a dedicated 22 upper...

Wake27
12-08-15, 23:16
Does the refund include 552? I have one they fixed the delimitation issue for 79 bucks.... I'm still pissed and now it sits on a dedicated 22 upper...

That's the first time I've ever heard of anyone paying for a repair from EOTech.

Pittwm
12-08-15, 23:41
Oh yeah, they charged even LEO returned for delaminations issue. Just filled out two RA forms I'll see if they refund me. T2 is what I'll go with if they refund me.

Just found my repair receipt from 4/11/2011. $79.00 for STANDARD NONWARRANTY SERVICE CHARGE....

Talon167
12-09-15, 08:52
Mine was delivered this morning at ~9:00. I am hoping to hear something back by the end of the month… but wouldn’t be surprised if it was closer to two.

Skyyr
12-09-15, 12:05

EOTech has had a decade to fix the problems... and we're still finding out about new ones. How many widespread problems has Aimpoint or Trijicon had in the same timeframe?

waveslayer
12-09-15, 12:06
EOTech has had a decade to fix the problems... and we're still finding out about new ones. How many widespread problems has Aimpoint or Trijicon had in the same timeframe?
not sure about them... maybe we will find out. usually we all find out once they are caught red handed

Ryno12
12-09-15, 12:48

Just to play devils advocate... how do you know that there may not be unknown issues with other manufacturers?

It's pretty easy to play Monday morning QB after the cats outta the bag.

Ernst
12-09-15, 13:14
Just to play devils advocate... how do you know that there may not be unknown issues with other manufacturers?

Because Aimpoints do not have a well documented tendency to lose zero in temperature fluctuations and are not known to have as many mechanical breakdowns as EOTECH?

Ryno12
12-09-15, 13:31
Because Aimpoints do not have a well documented tendency to lose zero in temperature fluctuations and are not known to have as many mechanical breakdowns as EOTECH?

Since you apparently knew about the temp issue problems and lawsuit before it was made public, why didn't you tell anyone?

waveslayer
12-09-15, 13:54
let's see the documentation on Aim Point. seems to be just this forum having a cow over EO Tech.

VeeDubbinJetta91
12-09-15, 14:32
Just saw this pop up on my FB feed, L3 isn't giving you cash back, they are giving you company credit...trying to get the pic uploaded but tapatalk isn't working

Osborne
12-09-15, 14:34
Just saw this pop up on my FB feed, L3 isn't giving you cash back, they are giving you company credit...trying to get the pic uploaded but tapatalk isn't working

Are you serious?

twadsw01
12-09-15, 14:47
Is this reliable information?

Osborne
12-09-15, 14:57
Is this reliable information?

I hope not.

waveslayer
12-09-15, 14:57
if it's true, ha ha ha ha

VeeDubbinJetta91
12-09-15, 14:59
Here's the pic

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/09/700c5321373d392461824362726b7610.jpg

waveslayer
12-09-15, 14:59
Here's the pic

well maybe we should see of they fix their problem...

twadsw01
12-09-15, 15:00
Man, post this over on soldiersystems and see what responses you get. Surely there'll be someone in there that's in-the-know enough to confirm.

Here's the pic

waveslayer
12-09-15, 15:01
Man, post this over on soldiersystems and see what responses you get. Surely there'll be someone in there that's in-the-know enough to confirm.
we are still waiting for a response from the " in the know" crowd if they are working on a solution, or just rolling over and playing dead

Ryno12
I'm wondering if anyone was approved for a refund on a complete HHS-I or II system?

I have an EXPS that was purchased in HHS-II configuration & if I return the RDS, I have no use for the magnifier.

$1k would be pretty handy right now.

VeeDubbinJetta91
Like I said I saw this on FB so I cannot confirm 100% this was from the current refund. I'd love for somebody to be able to confirm

kgj1119
12-09-15, 15:03
I hope it's confirmed quickly before I head off to ship mine out

twadsw01
12-09-15, 15:03
There are probably a decent portion of people who don't really care if they're working on a solution or not, because 1) they'll never trust the optic again, regardless, or 2) they view this as a good opportunity to get much more for their optic than if they were to sell it.

we are still waiting for a response from the " in the know" crowd if they are working on a solution, or just rolling over and playing dead

VeeDubbinJetta91
12-09-15, 15:04
I hope it's confirmed quickly before I head off to ship mine out

I was headed to drop mine off at the post office after work, I will definitely be holding out for confirmation now

waveslayer
12-09-15, 15:05
There are probably a decent portion of people who don't really care if they're working on a solution or not, because 1) they'll never trust the optic again, regardless, or 2) they view this as a good opportunity to get much more for their optic than if they were to sell it.
it will turn out like be VW, in the end no big deal they will all forget

Osborne
12-09-15, 15:07
Supposedly its fake, at least I hope.

ex95B10
12-09-15, 15:10
Supposedly its fake, at least I hope.The image does show all the classic signs of being Photoshopped but it could also be a copy of a copy of a copy.

StevieJ309
12-09-15, 15:13
I'm wondering if anyone was approved for a refund on a complete HHS-I or II system?

I have an EXPS that was purchased in HHS-II configuration & if I return the RDS, I have no use for the magnifier.

$1k would be pretty handy right now.

From what I've read people that have tried to get a refund for the magnifier were turned down.

Osborne
12-09-15, 15:15
From what I've read people that have tried to get a refund for the magnifier were turned down.

They're only accepting returns on the HWS.

Ryno12
12-09-15, 15:19

They're only accepting returns on the HWS.

So what price do you put down for the RDS when it was purchased in a set as an HHS?

fledge
12-09-15, 15:22
EOTech wrote this with their RMA reply:

"EOTech will refund the purchase price plus $15 shipping cost as soon as possible."

A refund is not a credit. I have an email back to the person who sent my RMA to confirm EOtech's intentions.

Osborne
12-09-15, 15:23
So what price do you put down for the RDS when it was purchased in a set as an HHS?

I would put MSRP for the RDS, its really shitty they're not accepting both if purchased as a set...

VeeDubbinJetta91
12-09-15, 15:31

"EOTech will refund the purchase price plus $15 shipping cost as soon as possible."

A refund is not a credit. I have an email back to the person who sent my RMA to confirm EOtech's intentions.

Let us know what you find out

Ryno12
12-09-15, 15:44
... its really shitty they're not accepting both if purchased as a set...

Yes it is.

Talon167
12-09-15, 17:46

Let us know what you find out

Yes, please do. If it is, indeed a credit, I will be irked.

fledge
12-09-15, 18:07
Yes, please do. If it is, indeed a credit, I will be irked.

I'll post up as soon as they reply.

Metric Matt
12-09-15, 18:21
I have a 552 that was manufactured in 2003, I bought it used from a reputable seller. In the seven or so years I have had it, it has been sent in twice for repair at a cost of $160 to me plus shipping. Do you think I can get a refund even though I am not the original owner? I have basically zero confidence in the optic at this point.

VeeDubbinJetta91
12-09-15, 18:37
Supposedly its fake, at least I hope.

The more I look at the photo the more I think it's fake

1) there is nothing on the gift certificate that would indicate a serial number meaning you could photocopy and spend all sorts of money with L3.

2) the envelope it came in shows a sent from zip of 75234 which is Dallas Texas. Why would they send that when they are based out of Ann Arbor Michigan?

Ryno12
12-09-15, 19:28
The more I look at the photo the more I think it's fake

1) there is nothing on the gift certificate that would indicate a serial number meaning you could photocopy and spend all sorts of money with L3.

2) the envelope it came in shows a sent from zip of 75234 which is Dallas Texas. Why would they send that when they are based out of Ann Arbor Michigan?

Not speaking on the legitimacy of the picture but just addressing your point #2.

L3 is HQ'd out of NY, NY & has numerous locations worldwide.

http://www.l-3com.com/locations.html

You can't always rely on the address either as refunds are sometimes handled by a third party.

fledge
12-09-15, 19:51
If you have no confidence and the resale value is bleak because of it, I'd give it a shot, Metric. Submit the RMA and see if they approve. No loss but a few minutes of time to do that.

Hayseed
12-09-15, 20:32
Submitted for my refund; THEN read the end of this thread. I'm hoping its not L3 credit... Wouldn't that be the ultimate middle finger from L3

TF82
12-09-15, 23:35
I tend to think this is just some facebook troll BS. The certificate is dated 11/30 and yet the earliest mention I can find of these refunds even being considered was from Larry Vickers' facebook page on 12/1. It also reads, "For the purchase of merchandise and products at [emphasis mine]: L3 Communications." Where would the at be? L3's nonexistent retail store? It also says, "Only one redemption per visit." Again, where would one be visiting to redeem this?

Defaultmp3
12-10-15, 00:05

$1k would be pretty handy right now.Why would you have no use for the magnifier? You could still use it with an Aimpoint, no?

Wake27
12-10-15, 01:49
Why would you have no use for the magnifier? You could still use it with an Aimpoint, no?

I've heard good things about the G33 used with Aimpoints.

sig1473
12-10-15, 03:00
Just sent out my RMA for my 516. We'll see what happens. I don't know if I'll go 1-4x or just get another AimPoint.

Ryno12
12-10-15, 05:41
Why would you have no use for the magnifier? You could still use it with an Aimpoint, no?

Because I'd likely get a 1x6 optic to replace it. I don't care for Micros & a G33 behind a PRO is a bit bulky.

USAF1980s
12-10-15, 10:10
FYI, I have(Had) 2 HHS-1 (EXPS 3-4 and G33). Am in process of returning for refund the EXPS's.

The G33 works fine behind the H-1/T-1. You can remove the ~ 1/4" riser on the base of the G33 (and shorten the metric screws by 1/4", apply loctite). Works fine.

Ryno12
12-10-15, 11:39
The G33 works fine behind the H-1/T-1. You can remove the ~ 1/4" riser on the base of the G33 (and shorten the metric screws by 1/4", apply loctite). Works fine.

I'm sure they do, I just don't like Aimpoint Micros.

Gabriel556
12-10-15, 18:45
I sent my request on Tuesday for my 512 that was made in 2007. I've had mediocre feelings about it the whole time due to the battery configuration. I got my authorization instructions via email today for my purchase price. I won't be able to ship it until Tuesday but it said I'd be getting a check. Honestly, if they get quality turned around, I'd buy another but until then, I'm going to change things up with a Vortex 1-6 on this one.

twadsw01
12-10-15, 20:31
I sent two requests in Tuesday and received approval for one, but for the other, I was asked for the receipt and retailer it was purchased from. I'm not sure why I would have been asked for that info on one of the sights but not the other. Any ideas??

Pittwm
12-11-15, 01:14
I sent two requests in Tuesday and received approval for one, but for the other, I was asked for the receipt and retailer it was purchased from. I'm not sure why I would have been asked for that info on one of the sights but not the other. Any ideas??

Got an approval for the 552. Nothing yet on the 556 A65.....

seainc
12-11-15, 01:22
I submitted on 12/8 for my 553, received approval today.

waveslayer
12-11-15, 08:32
anyone get a refund yet, or credit?

B Cart
12-11-15, 11:54
I submitted a request a few days ago for a 512 with Oct 2013 manufacturing date, and I haven't heard anything back. Are most people getting the RMA authorization and instructions within 24 hours, or is it taking a few days? I'm not too worried about it, but I definitely didn't hear anything back within 24 hours like it stated on the RMA form.

JeffsJeep04
12-11-15, 13:09
I submitted a request a few days ago for a 512 with Oct 2013 manufacturing date, and I haven't heard anything back. Are most people getting the RMA authorization and instructions within 24 hours, or is it taking a few days? I'm not too worried about it, but I definitely didn't hear anything back within 24 hours like it stated on the RMA form.

I submitted mine yesterday also. I was really torn, I love the sight but hate the battery life on it. Will be going to an aimpoint pro to replace. I forgot to put anything in the comments section, so we'll see what they come back with.

12-11-15, 13:21
My optic was delivered to their front desk today. Let the timer begin. I'll be sure to update...

Averageman
12-11-15, 14:20
Are they asking for a receipt on an optic?
I have two and I haven't had an issue, but I don't trust them now.

twadsw01
12-11-15, 14:28
For one of mine (EXPS2), I wasn't asked for a receipt nor where I bought it, but for the other (XPS2) I was asked for both. I received the two emails (one for the approval of the EXPS2 and the other asking for the additional information so my application could complete processing) from two different employees. Also, the optics were manufactured within about 3 months of each other in 2011, and I purchased them both brand new from a retailer. I'm not sure why I was asked for the info one of them but not the other.

Are they asking for a receipt on an optic?
I have two and I haven't had an issue, but I don't trust them now.

Fett85
12-11-15, 15:23
They have had mine since Monday. No check yet

Cmm46
12-11-15, 17:51
They have had mine since Monday. No check yet

I bet it will be a while. Who knows how many refunds they're processing. When they offerred rebates two years ago I think I remember it taking about 6 weeks to get. I know its two different things but Im not expecting it any day soon. Hopefully Im wrong though.

bsoileau24
12-13-15, 07:51
It took three days for my return to be approved. I might get a mro to replace it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

madisonsfinest
12-13-15, 07:59
I submitted the form on 12-09-15. Hopefully I hear something this next week

sig1473
12-13-15, 08:54
I submitted mine on 12/10 and received my Return Authorization Request on 12/11. Will be sending it out on Monday.

Packeagle
12-13-15, 11:42
Are there any more reports of needing receipt? I don't have my receipt any more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TF82
12-13-15, 13:39
From what I've seen posted it looks like most people who were asked for a receipt hadn't included the price that they were asking for in the initial RMA request. It also looks like if you tell them you don't have it they accept that answer unless you're looking for above MSRP.

Packeagle
12-13-15, 14:02
From what I've seen posted it looks like most people who were asked for a receipt hadn't included the price that they were asking for in the initial RMA request. It also looks like if you tell them you don't have it they accept that answer unless you're looking for above MSRP.

Ok, thanks. I just submitted the request for what I remember paying for it. Looks to be about $30 less than the going rate these days, but I'm not looking to make a profit, just get out what I have invested. Lets hope they accept the request.

coobie
12-14-15, 15:21
Sent in my request with what I had paid for the EOtech EXPS2 on 12/11 and received my email today 12/14 to return it for full refund plus they cover $15 bucks for shipping.It is on its way to EOtech in Ann Arbor Michigan..

DUSTOFF
12-14-15, 15:57
Sent request for Refund on last Thursday. Received reply and shipped on Friday.
Delivered today, now the wait.

midnight son
12-14-15, 16:02
My son works for L3 in the aircraft modifications arena, and says this fiasco has been a topic of conversation even there.....it's effecting the whole company.

1H11
12-14-15, 16:15
Sent my xps-0 in for refund. Now I'm going to play the waiting game.

Infadel
12-14-15, 17:21
Is there confirmation of anyone receiving a refund?

waveslayer
12-14-15, 17:37
My son works for L3 in the aircraft modifications arena, and says this fiasco has been a topic of conversation even there.....it's effecting the whole company.
can you confirm what they are doing? this thread needs a lift. reading that guys returned isn't very exciting. can you verify what L3 is doing?

Infadel
12-14-15, 17:51
From this and other forums, EOTech has received an avalanche of returned RDS. With not one person acknowledging a refund. If the Co is testing the waters and contemplating going under they will do so with a ton of repossessed products.

StevieJ309
12-14-15, 18:41
From this and other forums, EOTech has received an avalanche of returned RDS. With not one person acknowledging a refund. If the Co is testing the waters and contemplating going under they will do so with a ton of repossessed products.

They just started receiving these en masse very recently. Anyone expecting to have a refund this soon may be slightly delusional.

Infadel
12-14-15, 18:45
They just started receiving these en masse very recently. Anyone expecting to have a refund this soon may be slightly delusional.

As opposed to "Check is in the mail" being realistic.

TF82
12-14-15, 18:51
The first of these returns have probably barely been there a week if that. At this point no one having money in hand yet is hardly an indicator that they're just plotting to steal all of our eotechs and go out of business. Why would they bother doing that? L3 is staying in business and they're the parent company. They're the ones named in the lawsuit so obviously they hold some responsibility for the actions of Eotech. They're clearly doing this refund because if they offer this remedy they're basically completely shielding themselves from a class action lawsuit while knowing that most of their products owners won't even hear about this refund and probably only half of those who do will actually send a sight back to them. You can go to TOS and see a whole thread of die hard Eotech defenders who are ignoring the lawsuit and keeping their sights.

CatSnipah
12-14-15, 19:18
The first of these returns have probably barely been there a week if that. At this point no one having money in hand yet is hardly an indicator that they're just plotting to steal all of our eotechs and go out of business. Why would they bother doing that? L3 is staying in business and they're the parent company. They're the ones named in the lawsuit so obviously they hold some responsibility for the actions of Eotech. They're clearly doing this refund because if they offer this remedy they're basically completely shielding themselves from a class action lawsuit while knowing that most of their products owners won't even hear about this refund and probably only half of those who do will actually send a sight back to them. You can go to TOS and see a whole thread of die hard Eotech defenders who are ignoring the lawsuit and keeping their sights.

Nailed it. It's to get ahead of a class action.

Maybe they pay less per item in a CA, but already being sued, they don't need more bad press.

It'll be a tax write off (the returns), then maybe fold the HWS business.

VeeDubbinJetta91
12-14-15, 20:32
Just sent mine off today, what is everyone paying for shipping? It cost me $30 to ship ups ground insured for $500. I was starting to have second thoughts about keeping it but I noticed the reticle was really fuzzy and would dim a lot right anywhere off center. I bought a new Aimpoint pro today. If Eotech improves their product id buy from them again. I don't expect my refund quickly but I'd hope within a few weeks

StevieJ309
12-14-15, 20:44
Just sent mine off today, what is everyone paying for shipping? It cost me $30 to ship ups ground insured for $500. I was starting to have second thoughts about keeping it but I noticed the reticle was really fuzzy and would dim a lot right anywhere off center. I bought a new Aimpoint pro today. If Eotech improves their product id buy from them again. I don't expect my refund quickly but I'd hope within a few weeks

I shipped UPS ground w/insurance for $600 and it cost me just under $16. That's from IL to MI.

fledge
12-14-15, 20:55
From CO, USPS priority insured $400: $15

I hope EOTech improves and innovates because of this. If they actually send me a refund, I'd consider future products. How about a 3oz HWS or a 12oz 1-6? :)

Edit: they still haven't replied my question if their intention is a cash refund or a gift certificate. I'm guessing that gift certificate question was a hoax. But you never know.

coobie
12-15-15, 01:19
From CO, USPS priority insured $400: $15

I hope EOTech improves and innovates because of this. If they actually send me a refund, I'd consider future products. How about a 3oz HWS or a 12oz 1-6? :)

Edit: they still haven't replied my question if their intention is a cash refund or a gift certificate. I'm guessing that gift certificate question was a hoax. But you never know.The email I received from EOtech states"EOtech WILL REFUND the purchase price PLUS $15 shipping cost as soon as possible"

fledge
12-15-15, 01:27
Coobie, I received the same email and pasted it earlier in the thread. I do believe their email means they intend to refund with cash. But when I asked them to verify I did not hear back.

Shao
12-15-15, 07:32
OK, I'm out of the loop obviously. I knew that there were reports of Eotechs delaminating or something, but I didn't realize that it had come so far as to have Eotech issue refunds on their units. My EXPS has been flawless since day one. Is the problem inherent in the design or did a bad batch come out? I'm apprehensive about sending in a fully-functioning optic in for a refund, but if it's going to go tits up on me, then I need to get on the ball and send this sucker out. How prevalent is the problem and does it apply to all of their models or just the EXPS versions? I'm a little crushed because I really like my Eotech.

thei3ug
12-15-15, 09:09
The issue is inherent in the design.
http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/25/the-details-united-states-of-america-v-l-3-communications-eotech-inc-l-3-communications-corporation-and-paul-mangano/
Bottom Line:
(1) Thermal drift. Inherent in the design.
(a) shift of up to 2 MOA after a fluctuation of temperature between -44 and 122F, and returning to room temperature.
(b) shift of up to 4 MOA at or beyond -44 and 122F.
(2) Reticle distortion - Inherent in the design. Due to failure of the housing. Moisture, etc. Age, use, and environment are determinant factors.

Those are the mechanical failures. There are other issues, some known, some unknown, that are being brought forth regarding performance specs.
Finally, concealment of known defects/misrepresentations, both to consumers and contract clients. (2006)

Shao
12-15-15, 09:15
The issue is inherent in the design.
http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/25/the-details-united-states-of-america-v-l-3-communications-eotech-inc-l-3-communications-corporation-and-paul-mangano/
Bottom Line:
(1) Thermal drift. Inherent in the design.
(a) shift of up to 2 MOA after a fluctuation of temperature between -44 and 122F, and returning to room temperature.
(b) shift of up to 4 MOA at or beyond -44 and 122F.
(2) Reticle distortion - Inherent in the design. Due to failure of the housing. Moisture, etc. Age, use, and environment are determinant factors.

Those are the mechanical failures. There are other issues, some known, some unknown, that are being brought forth regarding performance specs.
Finally, concealment of known defects/misrepresentations, both to consumers and contract clients. (2006)

Aww geez.... thanks for that... that's really unfortunate. Looks like I need to send mine in. I guess another T-2 is in my future.

BatteryOperated
12-15-15, 10:21
According to the Gun Collective Channel this morning the refunds are not real cash, but are in the form of "Gift Certificates" valid for more EO Tech stuff.

https://www.full30.com/video/23243034a9fe81a807d6363c4cbf2691

3:28 - 3:45 minute mark.

I have to quit watching these videos.

Shao
12-15-15, 10:27
According to the Gun Collective Channel this morning the refunds are not real cash, but are in the form of "Gift Certificates" valid for more EO Tech stuff.

https://www.full30.com/video/23243034a9fe81a807d6363c4cbf2691

3:28 - 3:45 minute mark.

I have to quit watching these videos.

What??? That can't be right... so we're supposed to trust Eotech again after all of this? I want my money back!

TF82
12-15-15, 10:43
He's just showing the same bull shit image from Facebook that was already shown in this thread. At this point, excluding all of the other massive evidence that the gift certificate is fake there's also the fact that not one single other person on the Internet has received anything since sending their sight in.

SteveL
12-15-15, 12:05
He's just showing the same bull shit image from Facebook that was already shown in this thread. At this point, excluding all of the other massive evidence that the gift certificate is fake there's also the fact that not one single other person on the Internet has received anything since sending their sight in.

^This.^

I'm not convinced the gift certificate/credit thing is legit. I could be proven wrong and highly disappointed by this company yet again, but at this point I still think the refunds will be actual refunds.

Ranger325
12-15-15, 12:24
I received my email authorizing return this morning. It's all packaged, but since I'm near Ann Arbor I'm going to stop by tomorrow and see if they will accept hand delivery. I'll ask for a signature confirming receipt and see how they are handling the refund - hopefully dispel the 'gift certificate' theory. I'll let ya'll know..........................

B Cart
12-15-15, 12:49
I submitted my RMA request almost a week ago and still haven't received an email or anything from Eotech for the return. Maybe i'll just keep it at this point with all the uncertainty about refunds. I would prefer to get a refund, but until people are actually getting refunds and not gift certificates, and I know the refunding process works, maybe i'll just hang onto it. Mine has worked great up to this point...

NoveskeFan
12-15-15, 13:09
I submitted my RMA request almost a week ago and still haven't received an email or anything from Eotech for the return. Maybe i'll just keep it at this point with all the uncertainty about refunds. I would prefer to get a refund, but until people are actually getting refunds and not gift certificates, and I know the refunding process works, maybe i'll just hang onto it. Mine has worked great up to this point...

It’s really weird how the authorizations are working...or not, in your case. I received my return authorization within 15 minutes of hitting submit.

Metric Matt
12-15-15, 14:38
What??? That can't be right... so we're supposed to trust Eotech again after all of this? I want my money back!

That's the same image that somebody posted earlier in this thread, it's very likely photoshopped BS, and that video is perpetuating the rumor that people are getting gift certificates instead of a cash refund. That would be the biggest dick move ever by L3 if they actually did that, and would destroy any chance of redeeming themselves in the future. I have been monitoring a few different forums on this issue, and so far nobody has reported getting anything back yet.

TF82
12-15-15, 16:18
Exactly. I've never watched that guy's videos before but seeing that one means I probably won't be watching another one. He reported that like it was 100% fact, every shred of evidence points toward it merely being the work of an internet troll. That's pretty irresponsible.

waveslayer
12-15-15, 16:24
Exactly. I've never watched that guy's videos before but seeing that one means I probably won't be watching another one. He reported that like it was 100% fact, every shred of evidence points toward it merely being the work of an internet troll. That's pretty irresponsible.
do we know that for a fact? not defending the guy but we still aren't sure that they are offering money back. could be just store credit

Metric Matt
12-15-15, 16:31
do we know that for a fact? not defending the guy but we still aren't sure that they are offering money back. could be just store credit

Store credit for what, 25 Eotech sweatshirts? I think they realize that people have basically zero confidence in their products at this point, they are in damage control overdrive, or at least they should be. It would be a huge slap in the face if they issued store credit instead of actual refunds.

TF82
12-15-15, 17:03
I can't tell you with 100% certainty that they won't give an Eotech gift certificate. I mean we would have to be living in a world where anyone outside of your dad's barber shop even makes gift certificates anymore, but I suppose I could happen. What I can say with nearly 100% certainty that the "gift certificate" for $488.79 dated 11/30 and shown in his video, on a couple of Facebook posts and in this thread is bull shit.

1. It's dated 11/30, meaning it was issued before Larry Vickers posted this refund info on his facebook and that is the earliest mention I can find of this refund situation. It would pretty much have had to be issued to the original LAV facebook follower, who I'm sure would have said something by now.

2. It says, "For the purchase of merchandise and products at L3 Communications" Where would I got to purchase said merchandise and products "at" L3 Communications? Their non existent retail store?

3. It says, "Only one redemption per visit." Visit to where? That awesome store that doesn't exist where I can pick up a holographic weapon sight as well as some advanced photonic systems and components, whatever the hell those are?

4. "Refund" and credit to a non existent store have different meanings. The very transparent purpose of offering these refunds is to keep them out of a massive lawsuit. How is giving you credit for another sight that they know is going to leak and lose zero going to accomplish that? I guess I could put that $530 they promised me toward one of those sweet advanced photonic systems. Or maybe some components of said systems...

5. So far between here, TOS and the hundreds of comments on Larry Vickers' multiple facebook posts on the topic, not one person has reported receiving anything back. Why would only one gift certificate have been sent out? Why would that person have gotten their gift certificate on 12/9 and yet in the intervening six days no one else got anything?

Sorry if I come off as sarcastic. It's not meant toward anyone here, but that crap was internet trolling of the lowest kind and it sort of pisses me off that someone did that.

waveslayer
12-15-15, 17:06
Store credit for what, 25 Eotech sweatshirts? I think they realize that people have basically zero confidence in their products at this point, they are in damage control overdrive, or at least they should be. It would be a huge slap in the face if they issued store credit instead of actual refunds.
I agree, we will find out. no one knows, until then it's all speculation. I prefer to have facts rather then what we have been doing here, assuming. we will have to wait and see.

Also, I hate trolls too

12-15-15, 20:58
lol that gift certificate really ****ed people up.

TF82
12-15-15, 21:03
Yeah. It manages to sneak its way into the threads on TOS like every five pages.

Packeagle
12-15-15, 21:29
I'm going to mail mine in probably Thursday. I'm a bit concerned there no return authorization number just directions to "print this email"

Infadel
12-15-15, 21:45
I'm going to mail mine in probably Thursday. I'm a bit concerned there no return authorization number just directions to "print this email"

And there are some who mailed in their $4-500 optics (some with with no proof of purchase) with a promise of an unknown type of refund, "check is in the mail" or worse, "credit is in the mail", from a company that is now known to have used fraud and decit to market their knowingly defective product. PT Barnum nailed it.

12-15-15, 21:50

Your serial number should suffice.

12-15-15, 21:51
Remember kids, all this is voluntary. You can keep it and drive on or take EOTech up on their "offer" and see where it takes you.

VeeDubbinJetta91
12-15-15, 22:41
I am not worried that L3/Eotech is trying to steal my sight from me. If it happens and I'm out a $420 sight I'm gonna be pissed and do whatever needed to get it or my money back but I really do not see that happening. L3 is a huge business and I don't feel they would try to pull something like that. I guess we will see.

SupraT
12-16-15, 06:43
I returned 10 optics, and they have had them for almost two weeks. They haven't contacted me or returned my e-mail about when I will be refunded.

Shao
12-16-15, 07:41
I am not worried that L3/Eotech is trying to steal my sight from me. If it happens and I'm out a $420 sight I'm gonna be pissed and do whatever needed to get it or my money back but I really do not see that happening. L3 is a huge business and I don't feel they would try to pull something like that. I guess we will see.

I tend to agree. A recall of such magnitude would take some massive logistics and time, even for a large corporation like L3. I think that people are freaking out a bit too early. It hasn't even been a month and people are already worrying about the status of their returns. It's my belief that they will take care of everyone as quickly as they can, and are more concerned with finding a permanent solution at the moment than with answering CS e-mails asking where their optics that they mailed in two weeks ago are. Should they answer every customer as quickly as possible? Of course... but I would rather them focus on correcting the issue or at least coming up with a financially viable means to compensate the affected without bankrupting their company.

Of course, I'm still going to wait before sending mine in until after I've heard back from some folks who have received compensation.

BatteryOperated
12-16-15, 07:43
Soldier Systems Daily is reporting the same story this morning, and citing the same source. I did not think this channel had so much clout. I thought he only did camera work for the MAC channel.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/12/16/ill-title-this-simply-eotechlawsuit-com/

Osborne
12-16-15, 08:49
Really people are you naive enough to think they would give a "gift certificate" instead of cash in a situation like this? It doesn't take a neurosurgeon to see that certificate was a fake.

TF82
12-16-15, 09:21
SSD hasn't said anything about gift certificates, they only showed a picture of the website of a law firm that is trying to convince you that you're better off joining up with them and getting $3.50 while they get $3.5 million than you are trying to get a refund from the company. That firm may end up being right but they're still being shady.

STAMarine
12-16-15, 10:38
I just talked to a deputy from our Sheriff's Department during court this morning. He sent back twelve XPS's they had. He said he had been on the phone with them yesterday and they said they believed the timeline would be 30-60 days for law enforcement because they had priority and 60-90 days for civilians for refund from the time they receive the return.

Now, that being said, I don't have a name of who he talked to and we all know how corporations tend to work. Take it with a grain of salt. I only posted because its the first news ligit or not that I've heard. Besides the farsical gift certificate of course.

MCS
12-16-15, 13:09
This is a lot like the VW issue. VW said the goodwill cards would take 4 weeks to get and I got mine 4 weeks to the day. I sent my 512 on Saturday, and I'm pretty sure L3 will make good. Doubt L3 would make a bigger mess by scamming folks.

Ranger325
12-16-15, 14:40
Dropped mine off to EOTech in Ann Arbor this afternoon. No info on how the refund will be paid when I asked. Now we wait.....................

Mysteryman
12-16-15, 21:55

I'm of the opinion that the gift certificate is a hoax. However, what ever happened to buyer beware?? It's nice that Eotech is offering refunds, but like has been posted, this gesture of "good will" is 100% about damage control and avoiding litigation. If Eotech really cared about their customers they wouldn't have lied about their products in the first place.

Call me old fashion but I buy products with full intentions of never being offered warranty or return privileges. If I don't feel right about the product based on those beliefs then I won't buy it. There are no guarantees in life and warranty/returns are very fickle.

MM

mack7.62
12-17-15, 07:30
I keep seeing posts from koolaid drinkers about "mine hasn't given me any problems so I'm keeping it" nonsense, some people never learn.

Infadel
12-17-15, 07:41
I keep seeing posts from koolaid drinkers about "mine hasn't given me any problems so I'm keeping it" nonsense, some people never learn.

It's common for some to refuse the fact that they were victimized equating being scammed to vulnerability which is not always the case.

thei3ug
12-17-15, 08:48
Confirmation Bias. We all do it. Especially when we invest heavily in one belief. That's why I just let my wife make all my decisions.

Wake27
12-17-15, 09:04

If the optic hasn't given any problems, it's not nonsense or any other bullshit. It simply means that the optic has not had any issues. For some, that is reason enough to not return it.

eddies66
12-17-15, 11:24
If the optic hasn't given any problems, it's not nonsense or any other bullshit. It simply means that the optic has not had any issues. For some, that is reason enough to not return it.

I have had an EXPS that has given me no problems through several rifle schools in a wide variance or temperatures in SE Texas. Two were in the summer where the temperatures would hover in the mid to upper 90s in the afternoon with high humidity. During lunch, the rifle was stored in a soft case in the trunk of my vehicle. Usually about an hour and I can’t say for certain how hot it got during that time but I experienced no shift in zero when returning to the range.
One class was in February with temperatures in the upper 30s and drizzling rain. I had to keep turning my rifle over prior to firing to dump the rain water out of the top of the optic where it would collect like water in a fish bowl. After a while, I learned to just keep my hand over the eye piece during down time to keep the water from collecting. I don’t anticipate having to use that optic under conditions any more extreme that that but I never say never. I won’t say that I’m not going to return my optic for a refund but I’m not in a huge hurry at this point and will wait at least until it’s been confirmed that the refund will be a check.

mikemi1951
12-18-15, 04:16
I have the 512 and the xps 2-2. I'm a casual user living in southern California. I've experienced no issues with these so I'm going to retain them come what may. Right now my attention is on my recently acquired Aimpoint Pro and whether or not to purchase a cover for it to keep it in good shape.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

G22inSC
12-18-15, 06:02
Right now my attention is on my recently acquired Aimpoint Pro and whether or not to purchase a cover for it to keep it in good shape.

I thought the PRO came with flip up covers. I know mine did.

mikemi1951
12-18-15, 06:07
I thought the PRO came with flip up covers. I know mine did.
It did. I meant the cover that is normally for the comp m4 but will fit the Pro. Kinda like a protective rubber case. Since it's my retired dime [emoji29] if I have to replace the sight I try to be a bit cautious but things happen. I figure that the cover will serve to keep the nicks away so if one day I want to sell it to upgrade it'll look good.

BatteryOperated
12-18-15, 06:45
It did. I meant the cover that is normally for the comp m4 but will fit the Pro. Kinda like a protective rubber case. Since it's my retired dime [emoji29] if I have to replace the sight I try to be a bit cautious but things happen. I figure that the cover will serve to keep the nicks away so if one day I want to sell it to upgrade it'll look good.

Unless you are set on the rubber Aimpoint cover, you might want to take a look at the SKD PIG Aimpoint covers. I have one on my PRO and they do the job.

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Aimpoint-PRO-Cover-p/pig.722.htm

May be getting off topic here.

mikemi1951
12-18-15, 06:52
Unless you are set on the rubber Aimpoint cover, you might want to take a look at the SKD PIG Aimpoint covers. I have one on my PRO and they do the job.

http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Aimpoint-PRO-Cover-p/pig.722.htm

May be getting off topic here.
The price certainly beats what I've seen. If I do get a rubber cover it'll likely be black to match the optic. Not much in the way of imagination huh? Thanks for the heads up. My Eotech G33 magnifier doesn't have a cover aside from the scope coat I use for storage and it cost more than did the Aimpoint.

From my Samsung Note 4

Joe Mamma
12-18-15, 07:46

It may also be from people who are realistic and realize no optic is perfect. The user just makes their optic choice given pros and cons and risks from all the information and experience they have. That sounds OK to me.

Joe Mamma

darr3239
12-18-15, 10:37
Let's keep the thread concerning "refunds". There are plenty of other threads on Eotech related stuff.

waveslayer
12-18-15, 11:43
Let's keep the thread concerning "refunds". There are plenty of other threads on Eotech related stuff.
yeah I agree, hearing about how you submitted your return does nothing to contribute to the thread as well. talking smack on an optic or its awesomeness is better then hearing you returned your optic, " I got an RA", etc...

mutto
12-18-15, 13:54
Sent eotech an email asking them if they received my eotech (USPS said it arrived Tuesday), when will the return $ arrive, and is the rumor of the return only being a gift certificate true? Will post here their response when it comes.

mikemi1951
12-18-15, 14:07

If it ain't broke. ...

From my Samsung Note 4

Pittwm
12-18-15, 17:54
I sure hope not

http://threepercenternation.com/2015/12/eotech-refunds-possibly-not-what-many-had-hoped-for/

Sent eotech an email asking them if they received my eotech (USPS said it arrived Tuesday), when will the return $ arrive, and is the rumor of the return only being a gift certificate true? Will post here their response when it comes.

Fett85
12-18-15, 17:58
I sure hope not

http://threepercenternation.com/2015/12/eotech-refunds-possibly-not-what-many-had-hoped-for/

I am pretty sure the consensus is that is fake and nobody has received anything so far.

WickedWillis
12-18-15, 18:02
I sure hope not

That website makes me giggle.

Pittwm
12-18-15, 18:05
Im' hoping it's not... but IIRC I've seen many product refunds in the past ended with with a certificate. As recently as last month, I received a refund gift certificate for almost 300 dollars from north face when they fully refunded the MSRP of my jacket dued to a defect but I have to use it on their site.

mutto
12-18-15, 18:28
Gift certificate = class action lawsuit

TF82
12-18-15, 20:37
Oh my god. Not this again. Please tell me not this again. How many times are we going to have debunk the same photo of a fake gift certificate in the same thread? And what's wrong with these bloggers and these YouTube guys that they don't apply any logic or research before they post this picture.

You may end up with a gift certificate (though since Eotech does not have a product to replace your optic with, just more of the same, I doubt it), but I promise that isn't it.

Wake27
12-18-15, 21:16
Oh my god. Not this again. Please tell me not this again. How many times are we going to have debunk the same photo of a fake gift certificate in the same thread? And what's wrong with these bloggers and these YouTube guys that they don't apply any logic or research before they post this picture.

You may end up with a gift certificate (though since Eotech does not have a product to replace your optic with, just more of the same, I doubt it), but I promise that isn't it.

Yeah it's pretty ****ing obnoxious. People just can't be bothered to read the whole thread.

Pittwm
12-18-15, 22:45
I apologized if I offended you somehow.