PDA

View Full Version : Glock 5 LB Striker Spring + OEM Striker

Yojimbo
12-04-15, 20:46
I have always used the Glock stock 5.5 lb stiker spring because I want to ensure primer ignition reliability. However, recently I tried a 5 lb striker spring with my GlockKraft DAT Tactical trigger and it just felt perfect. I have been told that the 5 lb striker spring and OEM striker should be a reliable combination but I wanted get some more input from anyone else who has used this setup.

Is there any type of ammo that this combination will not reliably ignite the primer on? I have fired about 300 rounds of 115gr Blazer brass and 200 rounds of my carry ammo, 124gr +p Gold Dots. So far I have not had any light primer strikes but I am still hesitant use the 5 lb striker spring on my carry gun.

Would you feel comfortable using this setup on a carry pistol? Is the 5lb striker with the OEM striker good to go?

GJM
12-04-15, 21:32
Loads of experience with the combination of a minus connector, Wolff 5 pounds striker spring and other OEM parts with zero reliability problems between three shooters and a dozen Glock pistols.

GregP220
12-04-15, 21:40
Blazer and Gold Dots should be using the CCI 500 primer which are rather hard. About as tough as you'd want in SD ammo. Wolf or Tulammo are Russian crap, and their primers are supposed to be very tough.

If your combo above sets these off reliably I'd have no worries.

Yojimbo
12-04-15, 22:06
Thanks guys, I feel better about this setup now.

Fire4Affect
12-05-15, 09:12
I use a Wolff 5 pound striker spring with zero issues. So far.

mizer67
12-07-15, 08:53
I've shot tens of thousands of rounds with a 5 lb. spring and US primers without issue. I wouldn't go lower though unless you're just gaming with that gun and an occasional failure to ignite a round isn't critical. I've found 4.5 lbs. spring to encounter a light strike here and there.

I'd be slightly more concerned trying to ignite RU primers with <OEM springs. Those suckers are hard.

TomMcC
12-07-15, 11:01
On the game side, just so you know it's possible, I've been running a Wolff comp spring kit in my son's 34. the striker is 4lbs. In thousands of rounds it has never misfire, not once. Your 5lb. will more than likely be just fine. For peace of mind you might change it more often.