PDA

View Full Version : Magpul D-60 problems locking bolt on empty

Charlie Don't Surf
12-05-15, 02:18
Super excited to get the magpul drum only to have the bolt not lock back on empty. This was non firing conditions, simply racking the charging handle on an empty drum. So I tested it on several other ARs. Only 2 of 7 successfully locked the bolt on empty, a KAC SR-15 was among the successes. The BCM rifle DID NOT lock back on empty along with 5 others. The Tavor did lock back on empty.

I know its very early in availability of the D-60 but, what is everyone else's experiences?

ETA: Some further testing: Loaded the drum with one dummy round and tried it on one of the offending rifles. Loaded the round, ejected the round and the drum DID engage the the bolt catch. Did it almost a dozen times in a row, with the bolt locking on empty every time. This is looking like its just a weird quirk and not a functional problem. I will update as soon as I get to the range for some live fire testing.

Seagunner
12-05-15, 02:39
midnight post with an empty mag...send it to me in Vegas and I'll shoot it tomorrow and let you know how it works

Iraqgunz
12-05-15, 05:45
Contact Magpul with the alleged issue and report back to us.

Iraqgunz
12-12-15, 21:02
Updated Info-

*NOTE: The D-60 is designed to lock the bolt back after the last round for most AR15/M4/HK416 platforms. Inserting an empty magazine and manually cycling the charging handle will not activate the bolt hold open feature. In addition this feature may or may not work for weapons with bolt hold open levers that don't adhere to the Colt-spec.

titsonritz
12-12-15, 22:37
One reason BAD lever are bad. I wonder what bolt hold open levers/devise the OP is using.

Charlie Don't Surf
12-13-15, 01:35
To clarify, I was inserting an empty drum and racking the charging handle. I was using only milspec lower devices.

Per Magpul's website doing such MAY NOT activate the BHO. You need to run the drum with live ammo to get your bolt to lock open on empty; however, I was able to get the bolt to lock open with 100% success with dummy rounds in non firing conditions. The D-60 preforms as advertised. So far it is GTG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

titsonritz
12-13-15, 01:53
Roger that.

GazillionUSMC
12-13-15, 19:15
I appreciate this update. I am reading everything I can on this product.