PDA

View Full Version : Sig p320 trigger question

jmoore
12-05-15, 16:22
Picked it up yesterday - compact 9mm. Can't shoot til tomorrow, so after a teardown & cleaning - lots of dry firing today.

Very nice trigger compared to all of my glocks. Obviouly not as good as the 1911s. Sight picture doesn't do the "glock jump" some have experienced. And yes, I am one who can deal with and elliminate the "low left" issue - but only with intense concentration, i.e., I feel like I am always fighting the pistol.

My observation & question......

99% of the time, the triggers "breaks" as one discrete episode - as it should. But every so often I get a gritty "crunch" of a break. It then reverts back to the clean break for the majority of the time.
Nothing I can see upon examination.
Have used a liberal amount of canned air in the hopes that I could blow out any possible debris. Still happens - ever so rarely.

Any ideas? Will run a few 100 rounds through it tomorrow to see if anything changes.
TIA

john

rebelsooner
12-05-15, 21:49
I don't own one but I'm willing to bet it'll get better once you break it in.

Go shoot it and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCSU74
12-14-15, 14:53
Mine breaks the same way every time. Maybe hit the sear engagement with a little grease?

donlapalma
12-14-15, 16:50
I have the been experiencing the same with my P320 compact. I haven't figured out why so hopefully somebody will come along and shed some light.

jmoore
12-14-15, 20:44
Fired about 250 at the range, and it still has the random "crunchy" trigger pull.
No problems at the range (more later when I have more time).
Crunchy trigger was/is NOT noticed in live fire - just dryfire.

john

Texaspoff
12-15-15, 06:58
Picked it up yesterday - compact 9mm. Can't shoot til tomorrow, so after a teardown & cleaning - lots of dry firing today.

Very nice trigger compared to all of my glocks. Obviouly not as good as the 1911s. Sight picture doesn't do the "glock jump" some have experienced. And yes, I am one who can deal with and elliminate the "low left" issue - but only with intense concentration, i.e., I feel like I am always fighting the pistol.

My observation & question......

99% of the time, the triggers "breaks" as one discrete episode - as it should. But every so often I get a gritty "crunch" of a break. It then reverts back to the clean break for the majority of the time.
Nothing I can see upon examination.
Have used a liberal amount of canned air in the hopes that I could blow out any possible debris. Still happens - ever so rarely.

Any ideas? Will run a few 100 rounds through it tomorrow to see if anything changes.
TIA

john

All of the moving trigger parts of the 320 are mass produced, and thus there may be some small burrs or stamping marks on some of the parts. When those parts move, for the most part they move the same way each time, your clean break. Every now and again, the parts will move at a slightly different angle, I'm talking micro measurements difference. When that happens, it is likely rubbing against a burr or stamp mark. Mine did the same thing for a few hundred rounds. It was only noticeable during dry fire, not while shooting. It also cleaned up and now everything is as smooth as glass. The parts will wear in, and things will improve dramatically. If it is a huge issue, Mr. Bruce Gray can help things along with a trigger job, and smooth everything out from the get go.

TXPO