PDA

View Full Version : My latest build. LMT/Vltor/Colt

theJanitor
08-07-08, 03:20
Well this build is about done. it's balancing out nicely and has been an utterly reliable combo.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/grandprixboy/aa-vltor-lmt-colt012.jpg

LMT Defender lower
Vltor upper
Colt M4 barrel
LMT BCG
DD Omega
Magpul MIAD/CTR
Aimpoint ML3 w/Larue mount
Larue FUG/BUIS
Surefire x300a

Paulinski
08-07-08, 08:28
Nice build.

How do you like the XTM panels when compared to Tango Down, KAC etc?

theJanitor
08-07-08, 11:03
i like the TD and KAC (which i haven't tried yet on the Omega). they have rounded edges and good grip. these XTM's fit well but are kind of a pain to remove/adjust and have very sharp corners

spamsammich
08-07-08, 13:53
For me it wasn't so much the XTMs as the Omega itself being pretty sharp! I cut a good sized chunk out of my middle finger and didn't even feel it as I was putting on some Ergo ladders. I got blood all over my Omega before I knew what the hell was going on. Oh well, lesson learned.

I really like your combination, I was considering doing something similar with a spare Mega upper I had sitting around. Well, that is IF I ever manage to find a Colt barrel that doesn't cost an arm and a gonad.

FYI, the TD shorty grip locks up nice and tight with an Omega.

A_shizzle
08-09-08, 08:49
That is a nice work of art you got there...

theJanitor
08-09-08, 16:30
well i spoke too soon. i was trying out a synthetic grease in it while getting some lessons the other day, and i got a few light primer strikes. i think the the BCG was slowing down and the bolt was 100% seated, yet it was forward enough to let the hammer fall, resulting in the light strike. it was actually a blessing, as i got in some good malfunction clearing practice. usually the gun works so well that i don't get to do any malfunction drills, unless i set them up for myself.