PDA

View Full Version : December 8, 2015...The Adventure Begins...

SteyrAUG
12-07-15, 00:57
They are finally, finally, finally releasing a widescreen print of Remo Williams on DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/Remo-Williams-Adventure-Fred-Ward/dp/B015UDEN9K/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1449470878&sr=1-1&keywords=remo+williams

The first release was crap quality, full screen, long out of print and selling for $50 or more.

One of the first movies to show a SteyrAUG depicted as a fictional and problematic "AR-60." Octopussy was the first and had it in the hands of Russian soldiers. Commando and Lifeforce were next.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/6/61/Remo_010.jpg

Can't wait.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-07-15, 01:00
From the Amazon description:

But when he faces off against a corrupt millionaire and his army of henchmen....

Ah, the good old days, when even millionaires could afford henchmen. Inflation sucks.

ETA: Fred Ward? All I can hear when I see his pic is "The hatch JUST blew..".

Moose-Knuckle
12-07-15, 03:26
Haven't heard of this before, will have to acquire a copy now.

Firefly
12-07-15, 08:17
Chiun was so badass. Like Yoda and Bruce Lee. I won't spoil it but how Remo gets his name still cracks me up.

Also Captain Janeway is in it only young and good looking...kinda.

I remember seeing Life Force and thought the AUG was a cool space gun. The overall movie was boring. I rented it thinking it was based on the NES game(it wasn't). But the one thing that makes it required watching is that one vampire chick gets way naked. Like the whole movie. I was like "whoa". No seriously, the whole movie.

SteyrAUG
12-07-15, 13:59
Chiun was so badass. Like Yoda and Bruce Lee. I won't spoil it but how Remo gets his name still cracks me up.

Also Captain Janeway is in it only young and good looking...kinda.

I remember seeing Life Force and thought the AUG was a cool space gun. The overall movie was boring. I rented it thinking it was based on the NES game(it wasn't). But the one thing that makes it required watching is that one vampire chick gets way naked. Like the whole movie. I was like "whoa". No seriously, the whole movie.

Lifeforce was NOT boring, the entire point of the movie was Mathilda May walking around naked. The movie was one of the high water marks for film art of the 1980s. I can watch it over and over. Plus seriously, the UK having their own space shuttle program is hilarious. So much gold in that movie.

titsonritz
12-07-15, 15:42
Thanks. I have an old POS VHS of Remo Williams, I will have to upgrade with this new DVD.