PDA

View Full Version : Can the QD mount be removed from an EOTech EXPS2-0 and replaced by another QD mount?

falconman515
12-07-15, 02:22
So I am looking at purchasing an EOTech XPS2-0 as I would prefer the absolute co-witness it provides.

But One thing I Do like about the EXPS models is the on-off/brightness buttons are on the side and this would be nice considering I may run it in front of a 3X magnifier with mount, and I have read the mount gets in the way of controlling the right button on the rear controls of the regular XPS.

So I plan on adding on the GG&G Accucam QD system to the XPS2-0 I buy ... but thought hey ... I wonder if the EXPS QD mount (that's runs a higher lower 1/3 co-witness) can be removed and replaced with the GG&G accucam QD mount???

I am sure I can make the regular XPS model work but the extra $40 may be worth having the side controls, add the resale value down the road if sold by itself, give me an option for a higher mount if I decide I don't want to run magnifier and I want a little more height to my optic, etc. etc. etc.

BUT in the end my main question is .... Can that stock QD that comes on the EXPS model be removed and replaced by a regular XPS type mount like the basic screw system or the GG&G accucam QD mounting system?

Thanks so much for any info you can provide on this. :)

-Chris

TF82
12-07-15, 03:41
The mount is not removable. If you don't mind the lower 1/3 cowitness and you still actually want an Eotech (resale value can't possibly be a consideration right now) then definitely go with the EXPS. I had a 512 with a GG&G mount, am issued a 552 at work and own an EXPS-2 and the side buttons are much better than the back buttons. The stock mount is also A LOT lower profile than the accucam and its more secure since you have to depress a button and then open the lever vs. the accucam where just hooking and pulling the GIANT lever opens it right up.