PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 96A1 Trigger Reset

Auto-X Fil
12-07-15, 08:54
I was shooting a friend's 96A1, which was my first extended session with a Beretta, and was getting a lot of FTFs. The problem was isolated to my trigger pull: I tend to release the trigger to the reset point, and then press again. On this 96A1, upon releasing the trigger from the fully rearward position, I encountered a very auidible and tactile reset, then, with a little more forward mostion, a softer, quiter click.

If I moved the trigger to the rear in-between those two points, it would drop the hammer, but not release whatever sort of hammer block/firing pin safety the Beretta has, and not fire.

When firing very quickly, it shot reliably. I was moving fast enough that I seemed to come past the second reset all the time. When I slowed things down a little bit (enough to get 25m A-zone hits), I was very consistently (and unconsiously) stopping the trigger between the two resets.

Is this a problem with this particular gun, or a typical 92-family thing? I have never had an issue with any other handgun, and I've shot pretty much every popular handgun family (except the CZ75, of all things).