PDA

View Full Version : Dueck Defense RBU (RMR install adapter)

black22rifle
12-07-15, 05:48
I just came across this RMR adapter that will fit into a glock's rear dovetail and allow the install of a Trijicon RMR. It looks very intriguing. Does anyone here have any experience with it? This adapter can greatly reduce the cost of installing an RMR on a Glock because of the lack of milling and cost of suppressor sights since it has sights built in. Not back for $130. The only negative I can think about it the slightly raised RMR when compared to one that is milled into the slide. The guy that created it works for Surefire.

http://dueckdefense.com/dueck-defense-products/#rbu

Blastem
12-08-15, 17:50
Would it be helpful for folks wanting an ultra - light AR?

WickedWillis
12-08-15, 18:29
Would it be helpful for folks wanting an ultra - light AR?

How would an adapter that fits into a Glock rear-sight dovetail help on a lightweight AR?

dougwg
12-09-15, 11:31
I just came across this RMR adapter that will fit into a glock's rear dovetail and allow the install of a Trijicon RMR. It looks very intriguing. Does anyone here have any experience with it? This adapter can greatly reduce the cost of installing an RMR on a Glock because of the lack of milling and cost of suppressor sights since it has sights built in. Not back for $130. The only negative I can think about it the slightly raised RMR when compared to one that is milled into the slide. The guy that created it works for Surefire.

http://dueckdefense.com/dueck-defense-products/#rbu
Greatly reduces the cost?

$130 vs $215 done correctly

The super high mount will be a non-starter for many.

The biggest benefit is it's not permanent.

Dave_M
12-09-15, 21:49
Greatly reduces the cost?

$130 vs $215 done correctly

The super high mount will be a non-starter for many.

The biggest benefit is it's not permanent.

The lack of permanence is probably the selling point here. A lot of folks don't want to spend the money for a permanent mod unless they know they'll like it. It does make a sort of sense, because in this case they can just easily go back to their traditional setup.

People that want to dip a toe will buy this first. And then if they like it, probably send off their slides to get done.

Yes, ultimately I think people will be spending the money twice. Such is life.

Blastem
12-11-15, 06:35
Ya, Wicked, thx, brain cramp

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

t1tan
12-11-15, 07:08
I've been considering trying one out on a Glock 43, curious if they have plans for other optics as well.