PDA

View Full Version : Sig Electro-Optics

HCrum87hc
12-08-15, 12:39
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this. Has anyone else checked out Sig Sauer's new optics? They have several different new lines of optics for just about any use. They're branded under Sig Electro-Optics. I don't think they've been released yet, but I could be wrong. I can't find much on them, and I'm very intrigued by some of their offerings, particularly the Romeo4. I'd like to see a good competitor to Aimpoint micros, as it appears the MRO wasn't quite ready. Does anyone have anymore info on these besides what's on the Sig site?

SteveL
12-08-15, 13:56
I didn't even know these existed but they look interesting. I would like to see some hard use reviews on them.

HCrum87hc
12-23-15, 11:16
I managed to get ahold of someone at Sig, and they said the optics will be released in January. Hopefully we'll see some more hands on reviews and info then.

Digital_Damage
12-23-15, 15:23
If it is just another objective reflecting RDS I will pass...

JoshNC
12-23-15, 18:53
I'm betting that these are gong to be made somewhere in Asia. Pass.

mig1nc
12-23-15, 19:57
Some look a lot like holosun.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hochsitz
12-25-15, 23:22
I can confirm they are 100% Asian. I don't like import optics personally but clearly lots of people spend money there. The electro line was introduced at SHOT 2015 so it's a little surprising they still aren't available. Everyone I spoke with who looked through them said the image was crap. The names are really cool though. Apparently these days that's all you need to sell optics....cough-(Vortex)-cough.

wolf_walker
12-26-15, 02:23
Looks like the same feature set the more nimble optic makers have been able to pull out of asia for a
year or two now. Yawn.

JoshNC
12-26-15, 14:06
Sig Sauer USA should just focus on making quality firearms with proper R&D, QC, and QA. Why they are yet again cheapening their brand with cheesy Asian import accessories is beyond me.

Averageman
12-26-15, 18:19
I had some major Q/C issues with a Sig Sauer USA rifle I bought.
I waited nearly six months to the day to get the issue fixed, NOT! For my troubles they sent me a cheesey cheap scope, I gave it away, I didn't feel like it was worth selling.
They are doing everything possible to ruin any chance of being legitimate.

krm375
04-30-16, 09:02
just put one of the Sig optics Romeo 4A on a 10/22 not a bad little optic in the T1-T2 size, not sure I would put it on a duty weapon just yet, still need to wring it out and put it through some abuse.

Snipe315
05-02-16, 10:20
I picked up a Sig Sauer Romeo 4C a bit ago. So far its been great & I really like the Solar Power option.

misfit47
05-07-16, 19:19
I played with a romeo 7. Was ok but I'm gonna wait until I have enough for another aimpoint pro. Didn't appear to be crap, just figure for a little over a c note I can get known quality.

JohnnyRambo
05-08-16, 12:36
I have been playing with a few of their new items.

Romeo4a is basically like an aimpoint micro and has rubber controls on top (-&+) that allow to turn on/off and up/down on brightness. I have not abused it so I don't know how well it holds up to torture but I did mount it on a full auto M4 and it handled just fine. The dot is crisp and appears to be very well made. There is a slight hint of an orange stripe which is a relfection of the front lens that I can see when I view through the optic but nothing too bad. The front lens is very canted which is by design but at first I thought it was a defect.

I also have their laser range finder which is awesome. Has a feature where you can hold down the button and move it around and it will do a continuous read out of the distance. It's small and compact and for the price it's the best deal I have found. I had a leupold and a bushnell too and this is every bit as accurate. Now that I am getting into hunting I appreciate light and small.

Lastly I played with the 10-20x spotting scope too. It's very clear and seems well built. Comes with a case and battery. The magnification is just enough to see your target at 100 yds (to see hits) but not great if you are doing anything long range. It's good for hiking or under 100yd range use. Time will tell how it holds up.

The original sig red dot was known to have major issues. But I have high hopes for sigs new electro optic line. They seem to be trying really hard to stay ahead of the pack in terms of firearm design (MCX/MPX), optics (electro line is huge! and confusion names too), and even suppressors (no exterior shroud, just welded baffles). And the price points are decent.

I would not trust the optics on my duty weapon since they are so new but for a range gun they fit the bill perfectly since I can't drop a $700 aimpoint micro on all of my rifles. Looking forward to checking out their scopes next when funds allow.

Livefreeordie92
05-09-16, 22:48
I've played with a few of the Romeo fours at local gun shops, and I am convinced that is just a rebranded holosun. Specs are the same, controls are the same, has the same battery tray, same knockoff eotech reticle, the ones with a QD mount have the same QD lever. Yet in some local shops I've seen these around $530 and just hope to god that nobody actually paid that much for one. They also have one that is a Comp M4s clone, uses AA batteries and claims to have a life of 62500 hours. While it would be cool to see these turn out to be legit, I just would never spend money on one. If I were ever going to get a non Aimpoint red dot sight for the purpose of saving money (already have a Comp M4 and a H1 on my two BCM carbines) I'd probably try out a DI Optical RV-1 or a Meprolight Trudot RDS. Reason being is that they were actually made for professional use and have been used in that capacity, where as these Halosun type optics seem to be more for the crowd that will never shell out the money for an Aimpoint Micro, and see the 50k hour battery life and proclaim to the heavens that it is just as good as an Aimpoint for a third of the price. Just my take on things.