PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Carbine Optic DOA

ARnTN
12-08-15, 18:26
I purchased an ACO to go on a low budget knock-around/truck gun. I just got it in the mail and it appears to be DOA. I tried the included battery: nothing. I tried a new from the package Duracell: nothing. Then I tried the newly opened battery in my Aimpoint Pro: it worked fine.

When trying to get it to work I was turning the entire span of the knob back and forth while looking through the optic the entire time. Battery cap was tightened down very snug, in fact moreso than my Pro.

I tried calling Aimpoint but they were closed for the day and will be calling them tomorrow, but in the meantime is there anything else I should look at to make sure it's not user error or user fixable?

WickedWillis
12-08-15, 18:38
You just need to contact Aimpoint and let them take care of you. I personally have not heard of this issue, some others here might have, but you did the correct step first.

NickySantoro
12-09-15, 13:17
I recently read a post about that same issue involving an Aimpoint. The resolution, offered by Aimpoint CS, was to tighten the cap REALLY snug.
FWIW
YMMV