PDA

View Full Version : Get Out Your Wallets...The Deals Are Amazing...

SteyrAUG
12-08-15, 18:42
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=526897593

LE marked 6920 for the amazing price of $3,999.00 with FREE SHIPPING.

Better hurry cause "ONLY ONE LEFT."

:jester:

devildogljb
12-08-15, 18:46
WOW lol !!!! Cant blame the guy for trying.

tb-av
12-08-15, 18:53
I just got back from FFL and told me,,, well actually he was telling the other guy there,,, all the ARs are gone. He sells DPMS and such at gun shows. He said they are all gone. I know there were tons of lowers and such for Black Friday... all that stuff is gone.

Kain
12-08-15, 18:57
Is it election time already?

interfan
12-08-15, 19:14
Is it election time already?

That is getting close, but "election" implies actual results based on voting or something. I think we should call it "coronation" to be more accurate.

tb-av is on to something. A friend who is an FFL in California told me that since last Friday, all of his ARs sold out and he has no definite timeline for restock from distributors. I would take it with a grain of salt since Kalifornia versions are different SKUs than freedom-friendly versions, so that may be a large part of it.

You don't want an AR. Apparently if you do want an AR, you become the moral equivalent of ISIL non-Islamic extremists. We should just voluntarily give up our ARs and replace them with anti-racist rhetoric and the tools of the social justice warrior - like rainbows and my little pony. His Serene Highness, the Caliph of Freeshitistan has spoken.

_Stormin_
12-08-15, 19:17
Yet shockingly I can still order a complete BCM rifle for the same price it was last week...

Let the fools overpay for subpar firearms. My only real concern* is ammo and magazines.

*(I probably have enough of both to last years, but I still try to make sure that I pick some up here and there when a good deal shows up.)

Mauser KAR98K
Question is, how many are first time AR buyers?

samuse
Where's that Grumpy Cat 'good' pic?

_Stormin_
12-08-15, 19:22

7.62NATO
12-08-15, 19:23

In all fairness, Colt Le6920 LE rifles rightfully command a premium, but the asking price is a little steep.

Firefly
12-08-15, 19:29
I got my popo M4 12 odd years ago to shoot.
And shot it gets. To think I could have (maybe still can) sell it and get another SR25.

But it has sentimental value.....

7.62NATO
12-08-15, 19:29
Wait until November 9, 2016. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

ColtSeavers
12-08-15, 19:32
Went to a big box store locally today. Only thing that was off was the lack of decent .223/5.56 ammo. PLENTY of .223/5.56 range fodder though. Picked up some Fusion .308 165gr, plenty of boxes and more options still there.

Didn't even look at the guns.

FishTaco
12-08-15, 19:34
So, it's time to just not bother for a while. It was nice while it lasted, I guess.

SteyrAUG
12-08-15, 19:40
In all fairness, Colt Le6920 LE rifles rightfully command a premium, but the asking price is a little steep.

I guess I'm laughing because it's a bit premature.

There are about 900 listings for 6920s at or below $1000 with no bids on them. It isn't quite time yet.

SteyrAUG
12-08-15, 19:41
Wait until November 9, 2016. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

That's what I'm waiting on.

7.62NATO
12-08-15, 19:42
I guess I'm laughing because it's a bit premature.

There are about 900 listings for 6920s at or below $1000 with no bids on them. It isn't quite time yet.

With LEO/MIL markings...

SteyrAUG
12-08-15, 19:44
With LEO/MIL markings...

Probably 30% of them. I don't think that makes them worth any more than maybe $100 over the cost of a brand new one without markings.

7.62NATO
12-08-15, 19:44
Probably 30% of them. I don't think that makes them worth any more than maybe $100 over the cost of a brand new one without markings.

If you run across a NIB LE6920 with LEO markings (for $1100), let me know. I'm looking for one.

RazorBurn
12-08-15, 19:51
I wonder if this dealer would give a reach around to walk in customers...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=529667704

7.62NATO
12-08-15, 19:54

Jesticearms? That doesn't sound right. jesticearms.com is GTG, but this must be a typo. Should be $99.99.

SteyrAUG
12-08-15, 19:55
If you run across a NIB LE6920 with LEO markings (for $1100), let me know. I'm looking for one.

There's a few with no bids at 1500.

Might get lucky on this one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=529462355

devildogljb
12-08-15, 19:55
im hoping that's a typo lol

_Stormin_
12-08-15, 19:56

WOW... Talk about messed up.

FlyingHunter
12-08-15, 19:56
Question is, how many are first time AR buyers?
Hopefully many...

7.62NATO
12-08-15, 20:04
There's a few with no bids at 1500.

Might get lucky on this one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=529462355

That's ratworx, a legit dealer. Yes, good deal, but I expect it to go up.

tb-av
12-08-15, 20:09
Jesticearms? That doesn't sound right. jesticearms.com is GTG, but this must be a typo. Should be $99.99.

I don't know what the deal is there, but some of those sites the seller will raise the price way high when stock is out. Somehow this saves them money from relisting or time, etc... I see it happen quite often and recall someone explaining why his price was through the roof... he was simply waiting on new stock and it's easier to edit price.

RazorBurn
12-08-15, 23:43

It's not a typo. I sent him a message asking about it. It's the price, and he's proud of it. Reminds me of my local dealer who loves to gouge, but is always crying that he's losing sales to the internet storefronts and can't seem to understand why. I hope locals to him remember this. Now, if he starts bigging at zero or a reasonable price and it gets bid up to stupid money I have no problem with the market paying what they want for it.

Vandal
12-09-15, 00:18
My LGSs have ARs in stock, ammo in stock and mags, you guessed it.... in stock.

Iraqgunz
12-09-15, 00:23
I was just at a local shop that opened near me in May. They told me that several distributors were reporting spikes in sales and that rifles within the 900-1100.00 price range were hard to find.

Moose-Knuckle
12-09-15, 04:14
Glad I put back a 6720 for my son when they were giving them away.

Mauser KAR98K
12-09-15, 06:01
I had plans to sign up for Costa's HET2 in February. Nope. Bought 1k of 9mm, 1160 rounds of M855 (ppu), and a spikes lower.

Thanks Obama.

7.62NATO
12-09-15, 06:13
Where's Grant when you need him? Ask Grant, and I guarantee you he'll say sales are up.

Ryno12
12-09-15, 07:53

I remember seeing the LEO marked Colts listed for $5k back in 2012. Not sure if any actually sold for that. I do know that they were moving them at $3500+.

djegators
12-09-15, 08:41
I was just at a local shop that opened near me in May. They told me that several distributors were reporting spikes in sales and that rifles within the 900-1100.00 price range were hard to find.

It is true. The distributors are pretty much out across the board on 30rd mags, esp PMAGs, and ARs under $1000. I figure the lowers, BCGs, uppers, etc will be next to go.

I still do not know if this dealer level panic buying is going to filter down to the consumer level, but sales were very brisk this past weekend at the gun show.

Abraham
12-09-15, 09:07
Panic buying due to the terrorism in San Bernadino?

djegators
12-09-15, 09:09

I think that has a lot to do with it, also the Paris attacks, and now Obama pushing for gun control again. A lot of guys at the last show sold every AR they had.

7.62NATO
12-09-15, 09:28
I remember seeing the LEO marked Colts listed for $5k back in 2012. Not sure if any actually sold for that. I do know that they were moving them at $3500+.

I saw two Colt 6920s w/LEO markings go for $4300 a piece in early 2013.

IMO, Pmags are the best investment.

gunrunner505
12-09-15, 09:32
Spend the next year stocking up kids, the ride is just beginning.

The Feds I've heard have said they didn't have the San Bernadino shooters on the radar and admitted they cannot know about or stop all attacks. And the answer is? Take away everyone's guns. Cause that's smart.

Barry and his sycophants do more for gun sales than anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunrunner505
12-09-15, 09:33

Ammo and PMags.

Ryno12
12-09-15, 09:38

Regardless of what people think of the LEO marked Colts, the fact remains that they bring in a higher resale value than their unmarked counterparts and it's significantly higher during peak panic periods.

djegators
12-09-15, 10:03
Spend the next year stocking up kids, the ride is just beginning.

The Feds I've heard have said they didn't have the San Bernadino shooters on the radar and admitted they cannot know about or stop all attacks. And the answer is? Take away everyone's guns. Cause that's smart.

Barry and his sycophants do more for gun sales than anyone.

Crazy isn't it? We were told we need all the NSA spying, Patriot Act, etc to stop this stuff, but these guys planned for years, traveled overseas to Muslim nations, contacted known suspects, etc. but they were not even on the radar? Wow.

usmcvet
12-09-15, 11:16

Anyone who pays those prices is a FOOL!

In 2012 my LGS had all kinds of guns in stock I wanted to buy. I wanted a 10-22 take down, his web site listed 6 in stock, when I went to buy one he told me he listed them all online. He started at MSRP, something he never gets locally, they all sold for above MSRP. I was irritated but unwilling to pay the inflated sales prices. I ended up building an APG 10-22. Mine is not the SBR but I'd like one and that's a fair price. The stock will hold the BBL too. Very cool.

http://www.agparms.com/agp-arms-10-22-takedown-conversion-complete-sbr/

Regardless of what people think of the LEO marked Colts, the fact remains that they bring in a higher resale value than their unmarked counterparts and it's significantly higher during peak panic periods.

I don't understand the desire to have the roll mark. I had one in 1995 and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ryno12
12-09-15, 11:25
Anyone who pays those prices is a FOOL!

In 2012 my LGS had all kinds of guns in stock I wanted to buy. I wanted a 10-22 take down, his web site listed 6 in stock, when I went to buy one he told me he listed them all online. He started at MSRP, something he never gets locally, they all sold for above MSRP. I was irritated but unwilling to pay the inflated sales prices. I ended up building an APG 10-22. Mine is not the SBR but I'd like one and that's a fair price. The stock will hold the BBL too. Very cool.

http://www.agparms.com/agp-arms-10-22-takedown-conversion-complete-sbr/

I don't understand the desire to have the roll mark. I had one in 1995 and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Many think the roll mark is cool.

I think the vast majority of AR owners out there are Goobs and don't have the knowledge base of your average M4C member.

Doc Safari
12-09-15, 14:59

This is what I'm thinking. I personally decided to get off the fence and buy a Gen 4 Glock 17 solely because of the San Bernardino shooting. "Just to have a spare" in my mind.

The FFL told me that Glocks are sold out all over the place and that the only reason mine wasn't spoken for is that he had ordered it prior to the shooting and it was actually on the plane when I called to see if he had one. (In other words, had the gun made it to his store it would have been gone already).

I think there is a "mini-panic" going on because this is the first time we know there are ISIS-types on our soil carrying out terrorist attacks that we as armed citizens can resist.

Add to that the POTUS's call for yet more gun control after the SB attack and you have a formula for the Average Joe saying, "I better get me some more of them dang ol' guns while I can."

I plan to scrounge pennies from everywhere I can and use that money toward gun-related purchases starting the day after Christmas.

I'm betting that with the perfect storm of Hillary and Barry wanting more gun control at the same time more Islamics are blowing people up that the gun business is going to be hopping for many months to come.

SteyrAUG
12-09-15, 15:02
Many think the roll mark is cool.

I think the vast majority of AR owners out there are Goobs and don't have the knowledge base of your average M4C member.

Pretty much. When you are at the range with your "restricted" AR and your friends see it, they think you must have had some high speed job in another life. When asked "where did you get that" most reply along the lines of "can't really talk about it."

The week of the sunset I got my father a 6520 and when it arrived at the FFL in Iowa, you'd have thought I sent my father a machine gun. The dealer was incredulous that anyone could get their hands on "something like that." He even made the comment along the lines of "I know better than to even ask what your kid does for a living so I won't."

devildogljb
12-09-15, 15:20
There is defiantly a mini panic going on in my area went to the 3 different stores today and they are pretty much sold out of "assault rifles" other then ar-15 22 rifles and one local ar15 company that's in my area. Even handguns i noticed they were lacking. No AR mags from magpul or the 30 dollar steel. Spoke to the guys i usually deal with and they said its been nuts since Monday. I asked what the customers have been saying the reasoning why they are buying and its mostly a mix of Obama is talking about a ban again and people are afraid of terrorism coming to our streets. Ammo seemed to be in good supply though.

Ryno12
12-09-15, 15:30
Pretty much. When you are at the range with your "restricted" AR and your friends see it, they think you must have had some high speed job in another life. When asked "where did you get that" most reply along the lines of "can't really talk about it."

The week of the sunset I got my father a 6520 and when it arrived at the FFL in Iowa, you'd have thought I sent my father a machine gun. The dealer was incredulous that anyone could get their hands on "something like that." He even made the comment along the lines of "I know better than to even ask what your kid does for a living so I won't."

I have "restricted" roll marked 10.3" Colt. When topped with an EOTech "Law Enforcement Use Only" marked RDS, the badassery is off the fricken charts. [emoji41]

PatrioticDisorder
12-09-15, 16:26
Are people really panic buying right now? I thought everyone was racked up after Sandy Hook? How irrational is panic buying when Obama is impotent to push through any gun control, just because he gets on tv and mentions it? Lol

At least the gun dealers and manufacturers can make some money, move product and get more gun owners out there, I guess in the big scheme another small panic buying round is good, helps solidify our right and spikes Obama's blood pressure when he learns he's the greatest gun salesman of all time. ;)

Firefly
12-09-15, 16:26
People do stupid stuff over a lame roll mark.

My Colt has popo markings because before the first AWB sunset if you got a non-neutered Colt; you had to use letterhead and it came that way.

I personally don't care. It's got scuffmarks, a KAC FF carbine handguard, a different stock, and has had a bunch of rounds through it. It's MY freeking gun.

If people really, honestly cared....they should do better to just pay an engraver to put all that silliness on there.
Same with some of my old Restricted marked Glock mags.

They still get used. My SR gets used. YOLO man...YOLO.

I know, grown older men and even some young people, who dump money into guns for no other reason than to plop them in a safe.

Like some dude will buy a Colt Series 70....NOT shoot it. Then buy an RIA and shoot that. Lame. Or some doofus that buys a custom made .338 because it was in American Sniper....then has the TEMERITY to pop some Schmidt and Bender on it and then not shoot it. No not once.

And...and my SR goes unscoped at present because I have to save for an ATACR. All because they saw a movie. Or doing up a gun like Black Hawk Down to not shoot but pay to have it scuffed.

It's just horrible. Yeah yeah free country but people turn guns into mannery. You know, jewelry for men. It's just so...metrosexual.

Ugh..

SteyrAUG
12-09-15, 16:48
Are people really panic buying right now? I thought everyone was racked up after Sandy Hook? How irrational is panic buying when Obama is impotent to push through any gun control, just because he gets on tv and mentions it? Lol

At least the gun dealers and manufacturers can make some money, move product and get more gun owners out there, I guess in the big scheme another small panic buying round is good, helps solidify our right and spikes Obama's blood pressure when he learns he's the greatest gun salesman of all time. ;)

People are panic buying, they just aren't paying "panic prices." Lots of unsold 6920s on Gunbroker still for $1000 or less with zero bids. Things are finally moving and this "panic buy" should get the surplus ARs off the market and set up for the mother of all panic buys right before the election.

That is when we will see the sandy hook prices again.

The only thing going for "more than the going rate" are guys paying a little extra for that LE rollmark. For years nobody wanted it and guys on arfcom fretted about being jacked up at the range by a LEO who didn't know better and thought it meant their rifle was stolen or they were impersonating a cop or whatever. Everyone tried to tell them it was no different than a "US Property" marked 1911, but some guys still thought LE rollmarks meant their rifle could be confiscated without cause.

But since Colt removed them, apparently in 2013, now LE rollmarks have special status and real deal internet operators MUST have them. I sort of wish all the 6920s I stashed aside in the last couple years had LE rollmarks, I could get more for them in the next election cycle, but I think I'll do just fine anyway.

At least all of my personal ARs have LE rollmarks so I can still go to the cool kid parties. The only one that doesn't is my 6945 but it's NFA so it's still go street cred.

SteyrAUG
12-09-15, 16:55
Like some dude will buy a Colt Series 70....NOT shoot it. Then buy an RIA and shoot that. Lame. Or some doofus that buys a custom made .338 because it was in American Sniper....then has the TEMERITY to pop some Schmidt and Bender on it and then not shoot it. No not once.

Yeah, I'll never understand that either.

If I have to stand in the rain and guard my generator, I may choose to carry a Glock or USP instead of my Series 70 but that's just because I take care of my crap. The only reason my Series 70 doesn't get a lot of range time is because 9mm is cheaper these days.

I only have a few guns I "don't shoot" and those are ones that are so rare and collectible they are a risk to shoot. My NSFK Drilling would not longer be original if I broke a part and had to replace it, would also probably cut it's value in half.

Then there are a few guns that are in oddball calibers and it's hard to get ammo, I don't shoot those much. But most of my guns are for shooting.

HKGuns
12-09-15, 17:12
I shoot all of my guns as well. I find as I have accumulate them, it gets harder to shoot them all.

soulezoo
12-09-15, 17:18
I've only got three safe queens. Like a Bren Ten that may be unsafe to shoot regardless. (Casting flaw in slide)

Fortunately, I am presently well stocked and have no "needs" and can wait out yet another panic.

Firefly
12-09-15, 17:27
Safe Queens do not include truly irreplaceable pieces, war trophies, family heirlooms, or curios that just can't be supported with parts, ammo, etc.

But dudes that have racks of ARs they don't shoot is just Un-American.
And the zombie bunch or doomsday preppers upset me moreso.

I'm not talking about guys with reasonable plans. I mean people who hoard shit they don't know how to use and post pictures of their stash like it was cool. The same guys that never even went to cub scouts or camping....or even stayed at a Motel 6, but think they could live indefinitely out of a cheap Draco Rucksack.

Airhasz
12-09-15, 17:33
I've only got three safe queens. Like a Bren Ten that may unsafe to shoot regardless. (Casting flaw in slide)

Fortunately, I am presently well stocked and have no "needs" and can wait out yet another panic.

I'm stocked with extra parts, ammo, loading components and have no needs either. Bring on the panic.:laugh:

soulezoo
12-09-15, 17:39
Safe Queens do not include truly irreplaceable pieces, war trophies, family heirlooms, or curios that just can't be supported with parts, ammo, etc.

Well hey then! I am good! Aside from the Bren Ten the other two are: a rifle belonging to FIL who has passed away; this rifle was featured on the front cover of "American Rifleman" in the 60's sometime. Also my brother's M-1 carbine from Vietnam (he was 5th SF).

SilverBullet432
12-09-15, 17:45
BHO: #1 gun salesman in US history.

Double3
12-09-15, 17:46
If you think you need something you may want to buy it.

Is it going down? Maybe.

djegators
12-09-15, 18:35
I do have '64 Python and a '74 Bob Chow customized Colt 70 series....I do not shoot them much at all....but I do shoot them!

SteyrAUG
12-09-15, 19:24
Well hey then! I am good! Aside from the Bren Ten the other two are: a rifle belonging to FIL who has passed away; this rifle was featured on the front cover of "American Rifleman" in the 60's sometime. Also my brother's M-1 carbine from Vietnam (he was 5th SF).

Reminds me, there are a few of my fathers guns that I'll never shoot. To me it's somehow fitting that he was the last person to fire them.

7.62NATO
12-09-15, 19:26
Things were busy at my LGS today. The shelves are looking bare.

Moose-Knuckle
12-10-15, 02:26

A good response would have been . . .

"You're right, cause if I told you then I would have to kill you."

or

"Ron Jeremy's stunt double".

svtpwnz
12-10-15, 09:15
Well on a positive note, the shipping is free.