PDA

View Full Version : Quality RDS w/low magnification, useable reticle if the RD fails , $200-$300 or so?

DHart
12-09-15, 18:52
I've been browsing the online optics retailers for a Red Dot Sight that has light magnification (1.5 to 2.5x or so) and a reticle that would be quite useable if the red dot were to fail. Quite a few options options out there.

If you can make a recommendation for such an optic (for a .308 bolt carbine) I would greatly appreciate your input.

GH41
12-09-15, 19:33
Why did you start another thread asking pretty much the same thing you ask in the other one? What do you want? A scope or a RDS?

DHart
12-09-15, 19:46
What do you want? A scope or a RDS?

Thanks for your help, GH41. As I mentioned, I think what I'm looking for is an RDS that has some low-power "scope-like" qualities. But as I also mentioned, I know nothing about these different variations of a red dot sight that might be available. I'm looking for some clear, novice-oriented input that is helpful.

All that I'm familiar with is the Aimpoint H-1, which is simply a small red dot sight, no magnification, no reticle - red dot fails, it is useless.

I get the impression that there are some other variations on the red dot theme available, which are somewhat scope like in that they have mild magnification and a reticle that does not rely on the operation of the red dot. I'm looking for some education here, as I am new to this.

Perhaps someone here will understand better what I'm asking about and give a helpful reply.

lazerblazer
12-09-15, 19:54
Prism optics- primary arms, acog, leupold harm etc. http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/spitfire_prism_scopes This is what I believe you are looking for.

sent from LazerPhone

DHart
12-11-15, 15:44
Prism optics- primary arms, acog, leupold harm etc. http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/spitfire_prism_scopes This is what I believe you are looking for.

sent from LazerPhone

lazerblazer.... thank you. That looks like it would do the job well. I respect the quality of Vortex binoculars and assume their scopes are of similar quality.