PDA

View Full Version : Question for full auto guys...how did I do?

sc63sallad
12-10-15, 09:03
I just bought my first personal FA from Ruben. It's a colt marked "m16" and it has an m4 upper. The lower looks like it was refinished and the whole rifle looks excellent, it pretty much looks like a new M4. I paid around 24 for it and I do plan on shooting it quite a bit, and not selling unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm aware of Ruben's rep and I'm tracking on that but I would like a general opinion from the mg guys based on the info I provided. Thanks!

TNW
12-10-15, 11:45
Congrats! Make sure it's insured!

Ready.Fire.Aim
12-10-15, 12:28
Congratulations-Get somebody to take a photo of your happy smile after the first mag dump!

You did ok based on current prices, you may have paid a little more to get the confidence of buying from a reputable dealer like Ruben.

Keep it well lubed, consider using EWL extreme weapon lubricant since 99% of your shooting will be full auto.
http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-chemicals/oils-lubricants/lubricant-protectant-oils/extreme-weapons-lube-4-oz--sku100003451-72230-51583.aspx

I recommend one modification. Buy a Carlson Nitro Flash Enhancer. The booming noise and flash is much more impressive.

I put one on my Colt 614 full auto.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/muzzle-devices/compensators-amp-muzzle-brakes/carlson-nitro-flash-enhancer-sku100009032-45408-102071.aspx

You will get a lot of muzzle rise. To control it I installed a front handgrip and an EOTECH 552 for the extra weight.
The EOTECH sight circle made hitting in full auto a lot easier. I also installed a Hogue pistol grip, the texture and finger grooves helped with control. I normally don't use Hogue grips on AR15s but makes a difference in full auto.

Have fun
RFA

Bret
12-10-15, 13:59
If you're not going to post of video of you dumping a full mag, the least you could do is post some pictures.:D I'd really like to get one too and have the money. It's just that I don't know enough about the market. I see A1 and A2 lowers and don't know what real difference does that make. Some have 3rd burst and others don't, but I don't know if the ones that don't can be converted to 3rd burst. I like how you've purchased one to shoot. That's what I'll do if I can figure everything out.

motoduck
12-10-15, 14:29
High side of retail but it will not matter if you plan on keeping it for a while.

Now you have to start planning on the fun accessories: Belt fed .22 upper, shorty .22 upper with a suppressor (my favorite and a crowd pleaser, the ultimate squirrel killer), shorty 9 mm upper with a beta mag..... very versatile platform.

sc63sallad
12-10-15, 15:47
High side of retail but it will not matter if you plan on keeping it for a while.

Now you have to start planning on the fun accessories: Belt fed .22 upper, shorty .22 upper with a suppressor (my favorite and a crowd pleaser, the ultimate squirrel killer), shorty 9 mm upper with a beta mag..... very versatile platform.

Holy crap. I never even thought of a 22 upper for those damn squirrels. I've just seen another dimension. That's going on the purchase list! I would post pics but it's still on the form 3 and all I have are Rubens pics for now. I will post when it comes in to my dealer.

nova3930
12-10-15, 15:57
I'm more than a little jealous. I'd love to have some FA in the collection but I can't stomach the new car price or the ammo bill....

sc63sallad
12-10-15, 19:47
I'm more than a little jealous. I'd love to have some FA in the collection but I can't stomach the new car price or the ammo bill....

I hear ya. I'm reaching a point in my life where it won't be practical for a long while so I figured life is short, add one to the collection while I still can. Who knows, maybe years down the road I'll be able to add more full auto. Or I might have to sell the one I have. But for now I can get this one and enjoy it.