PDA

View Full Version : Range Report: 1st Time Out With G43

Butch
12-10-15, 16:55
Long time shooter. Owned Glocks since the mid-90's. First G4. Black Hills 115gr. HP. Unremarkable other than I had two failure to feeds out of 50 caused by my thumb pressing the magazine release. I am forced to alter my natural Glock grip. I don't like that.

Also put on an AmeriGlo Spartan Tactical front sight with stock rear. I like it. We were shooting at dusk and the front sight was quite bright.

Andrewsky
12-10-15, 23:38
Long time shooter. Owned Glocks since the mid-90's. First G4. Black Hills 115gr. HP. Unremarkable other than I had two failure to feeds out of 50 caused by my thumb pressing the magazine release. I am forced to alter my natural Glock grip. I don't like that.

Also put on an AmeriGlo Spartan Tactical front sight with stock rear. I like it. We were shooting at dusk and the front sight was quite bright.

What is your natural Glock grip? How did you have to change your grip?

treecop
12-15-15, 08:46
Unremarkable sums it up. Outside of size aiding concealability, it's a GLOCK. I'm around 300 rounds of varying bulk/carry ammo through mine with no surprises. The TLR 6 light/laser makes a workable combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T2C
12-15-15, 11:40
I bought a Glock 43 in late July and have fired a lot of rounds through it. It is reliable and concealable. I carried it quite a bit until recently, then went back to carrying a J Frame when clothing does not make concealing a 1911 easy.

samuse
12-15-15, 23:10
I'm glad to see the good reports on these. I'll need to pick a couple up after the 1st.:D

Pilgrim
12-15-15, 23:24
I got one last week, and it runs pretty good. I'm just as accurate with it as I was with my G26, but I've got to apply myself when shooting it or I start to go high left. Ran it against an XD-S 9 3.3, and truthfully the XD-S was easier to hit with, but I'm not displeased with the G43 at all.

Shot against my wife on a six plate rack from 10 yards, I had the G43, she had the XD-S, she kicked my butt...