PDA

View Full Version : best bang per buck backpack?

gregshin
12-11-15, 16:18
I'm looking to a good pack to haul heavy range gear.

For example i would carry at least 300 rounds of ammo, binos, cleaning kit, and some tools.

I normally just carry 1 or 2 guns and walk to the range after parking my vehicle.

Blastem
12-12-15, 09:36
Army Alice packs. surplus are cheap and strong enough

ggammell
12-12-15, 12:13
Rifle or pistol?

Say what you want about Condor/Voodoo stuff but if you're looking for something to just haul guns from the car to the bench it works. Tis the season to find a deal.

TomMcC
12-12-15, 15:04
If your just doing a bit of hauling and don't want to spend a bunch, check out LAPolice gear's own 3day pack. I hear it's fairly well made and only $30.

JackFanToM
12-12-15, 15:45
5.11 all hazards prime is good to go

bad aim
12-12-15, 18:40
$65 for a Made-In-USA 3DAP style assault pack. AWS does a lot of contract work for the .gov and their construction is top notch.

http://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50639

duece71
12-12-15, 20:02
How much $$$$$ are you willing to spend???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJG
12-14-15, 19:11
If you don't need a backpack, this one holds quite a bit and is relatively cheap: http://www.tacticaltailor.com/rangemultipurposebaglarge.aspx

There's a ton of options in the small backpack arena. That $65 AWS recommendation is probably tough to beat. Personally, I like Mystery Ranch stuff. If you're just walking reasonable in/out distances, REI also probably has something in the outlet that will fit your requirements.

Shao
12-15-15, 07:59
Honestly, the best pack I've ever owned is a Maxpedition. I have a Falcon II that I purchased in 2006 that I've put through more abuse than a backpack should ever be subjected to and if I were to wash it in the shower with some dish soap, it would still look new. Not a single loose thread, broken buckle, bad zipper - anything... and I mean I REALLY abuse this backpack. It's been all around the world, on extended hikes and camping trips through multiple hostile environments, packed to capacity, and tossed around like a red-headed stepchild. Maybe look into one of their larger models for your needs.

Vandal
12-15-15, 13:52
I suspect the OP will be well served by any quality built bag. I have an Eagle 3-Day Assault pack with a lot of miles and abuse that I bought in 2005, it has been terrific with no issues to report. It carried a lot of gear in the trunk of my patrol car enduring a lot of abuse.
I also have a Tactical Tailor Removable Operator Pack. It's my daily use bag and pretty much lives in the trunk of my car as my get home bag. The dang thing still looks new.

Maxpedition, Eagle, Tactical Tailor, 5.11, Mystery Ranch etc. SKD has some great stuff too.