PDA

View Full Version : Trade New Aimpoint PRO for used Trijicon ACOG?

sbrown3
12-12-15, 04:01
So, as the title states, I have a new Aimpoint PRO and my buddy has an 8 year old Trijicon ACOG TA33, with amber chevron. I haven't used the ACOG much but I do like it, my concern is the tritium half-life of about 12 years. Its closing in on that time frame now and I don't want to trade for something I'm going to have to sink money into. Is it still worth the trade? I feel like I'm getting a heck of a deal. I'm a police officer, so I would like the ability to reach out a little further, along with better target ID, but I will be losing some speed up close. I' m patrol officer, not SWAT, so I don't really need a CQB only optic.

All thoughts are appreciated!

cop1211
12-12-15, 06:36
I'd take a look at it during the night to check the tritium . If it's still good to go you can send it back to Trijicon when it gets too dim and have them replace the tritium and change the color if you like. I prefer red myself, but the green is also nice.

GH41
12-12-15, 07:57
So, as the title states, I have a new Aimpoint PRO and my buddy has an 8 year old Trijicon ACOG TA33, with amber chevron. I haven't used the ACOG much but I do like it, my concern is the tritium half-life of about 12 years. Its closing in on that time frame now and I don't want to trade for something I'm going to have to sink money into. Is it still worth the trade? I feel like I'm getting a heck of a deal. I'm a police officer, so I would like the ability to reach out a little further, along with better target ID, but I will be losing some speed up close. I' m patrol officer, not SWAT, so I don't really need a CQB only optic.

All thoughts are appreciated!

I would contact Trijicon and ask about the lamp replacement cost. Some have said upwards of $600. If that is true your money may be better spent putting a magnifier behind the PRO.

sbrown3
12-12-15, 16:51
My friend has about 10 rifles, so he'll probably let me run it for a couple weeks to make sure I'm going to like it. I'll definitely contact Trijicon next week and ask about tritium replacement cost.

cop1211
12-12-15, 19:06
Let us know the outcome, and what Trijicon says.

sbrown3
12-12-15, 19:17
Will do

HCM
12-13-15, 02:02
I would contact Trijicon and ask about the lamp replacement cost. Some have said upwards of $600. If that is true your money may be better spent putting a magnifier behind the PRO.

Last time I checked it was $200 to $400 depending on if you are also switching colors and reticles.

cop1211
12-13-15, 10:38
Last time I checked it was $200 to $400 depending on if you are also switching colors and reticles.

That's not bad.