PDA

View Full Version : Fixed blade for EDC similar to Tracker Dan Bloodshark

ClearedHot
12-14-15, 14:27
Any recommendations for a 3.25 - 4" fixed blade with a similar design as the Bloodshark? The intended use would be for EDC in a kydex sheath. Blade needs to be good steel with a matte finish.

Lead time for a Bloodshark is too long, need some other options.

ndmiller
12-14-15, 17:20
In that price range ballpark, Fiddleback Forge and Wilmont knives both have some designs that are worth looking at, albeit without the cord wrap. Although now that I saw the Bloodshark, I want one too.

newyork
12-14-15, 17:34
Joe Watson knives. Check his site and Blue Line Gear.

ClearedHot
01-18-16, 10:01
Update and heads up...

Had a M4C member by the name of "Treehopr" aka Victor Wong PM me asking if I wanted to buy his Tracker Dan Bloodshark. He emailed me some pictures of the Bloodshark he had, which upon closer inspection was a counterfeit. He was fully aware of this fact and tried to sell me the fake Bloodshark and trainer for $315.

Pictures of his counterfeit Bloodshark and trainer below:
http://i.imgur.com/vQpbRSO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0YU0sJ2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NgJGNmY.jpg

Tracker Dan video on how to spot counterfeit Bloodsharks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1QWpTy-fgU

Buyer beware!

Treehopr
01-18-16, 15:20
Update and heads up...

Had a M4C member by the name of "Treehopr" aka Victor Wong PM me asking if I wanted to buy his Tracker Dan Bloodshark. He emailed me some pictures of the Bloodshark he had, which upon closer inspection was a counterfeit. He was fully aware of this fact and tried to sell me the fake Bloodshark and trainer for $315.

Buyer beware!

Not sure if ClearedHot has a reading comprehension problem or if he's just trolling.

This is the original IM exchange:

I have a 3rd generation Bloodshark & Trainer (not made by Tracker Dan), it was an overrun/second. There are visible tool marks on the blade but other than that it's fully functional.

Let me know your email address if you're interested and I'll send pictures.

Thanks

Hi there,

Apologies for my late reply, I haven't been on M4C much lately. Yes, please send some pictures of the Bloodshark and trainer to: gruppem@consultant.com

Thank you.

Apparently "(not made by Tracker Dan)" wasn't clear enough for him. More ironic is that the title of the thread specifically stated that he was looking for an alternative to a TD made blade.

In the following email exchanges I stated several times, these weren't made by Tracker Dan and that if that's what he wanted he should contact TD or Joe Watson. The last email was this morning and he never replied, instead posting on here that I tried to sell him a "fake Bloodshark..."

A cursory internet search of his email GruppeM@consultant.com reveals no details as he never introduced himself by name, nor does pulling up www.consultant.com offer any clues.

For someone on such a high horse about being forthright he sure does go out of his way to conceal his own name.

I realize ClearedHot may have been a little embarrassed or felt a little foolish that he didn't comprehend (several times) that this wasn't a TD made blade, but that doesn't mean I tried to rip him off.

ClearedHot
01-18-16, 17:09
Not sure if ClearedHot has a reading comprehension problem or if he's just trolling.

This is the original IM exchange:

Apparently "(not made by Tracker Dan)" wasn't clear enough for him. More ironic is that the title of the thread specifically stated that he was looking for an alternative to a TD made blade.

In the following email exchanges I stated several times, these weren't made by Tracker Dan and that if that's what he wanted he should contact TD or Joe Watson. The last email was this morning and he never replied, instead posting on here that I tried to sell him a "fake Bloodshark..."

A cursory internet search of his email GruppeM@consultant.com reveals no details as he never introduced himself by name, nor does pulling up www.consultant.com offer any clues.

For someone on such a high horse about being forthright he sure does go out of his way to conceal his own name.

I realize ClearedHot may have been a little embarrassed or felt a little foolish that he didn't comprehend (several times) that this wasn't a TD made blade, but that doesn't mean I tried to rip him off.

You know, for someone that claims they went out of their way to inform the buyer that the item wasn't an original, you sure have an interesting way of doing that. I don't have the original PM you sent me last month because I cleared my PM inbox. However, in the email exchange from this morning, nowhere did you state that the knife wasn't made by Tracker Dan until I brought up the fact it looks like a fake, according to the video. Nowhere did you state it was a replica/counterfeit and apparently "not made by Tracker Dan" still means it's worth $315. FYI, real Blood Sharks sell for $2-300 on the used market.

So by telling a half truth and pricing your fake knife in line with a real one, you are obviously trying pass it off as the real deal. That's analogous to someone taking an airsoft replica of a PVS-14 and saying "I have a PVS-14 not made by ITT" and then selling it on the EE for $2200. Are you tracking? You're being disingenuous at best, and at worst trying to scam someone.

And you being miffed that you're unable to pull up any personal info, even after searching my username and email only shows me that my PERSEC measures are working. Thanks for that.

You have the best day ever.

Treehopr
01-18-16, 18:07
You know, for someone that claims they went out of their way to inform the buyer that the item wasn't an original, you sure have an interesting way of doing that. I don't have the original PM you sent me last month because I cleared my PM inbox. However, in the email exchange from this morning, nowhere did you state that the knife wasn't made by Tracker Dan until I brought up the fact it looks like a fake, according to the video. Nowhere did you state it was a replica/counterfeit and apparently "not made by Tracker Dan" still means it's worth $315. FYI, real Blood Sharks sell for $2-300 on the used market.

So by telling a half truth and pricing your fake knife in line with a real one, you are obviously trying pass it off as the real deal. That's analogous to someone taking an airsoft replica of a PVS-14 and saying "I have a PVS-14 not made by ITT" and then selling it on the EE for $2200. Are you tracking? You're being disingenuous at best, and at worst trying to scam someone.

And you being miffed that you're unable to pull up any personal info, even after searching my username and email only shows me that my PERSEC measures are working. Thanks for that.

You have the best day ever.

I PM'd you on 12/15/15, you replied on 1/12/16.

I emailed you the pix on 1/12/16, you replied back this morning asking how much.

When you didn't like the price you stated that it didn't look like a TD made blade.

I replied at 10:36 am: "It's not a Tracker Dan blood shark, if that's what you're looking for you'll need to contact him"

At 10:45 am, you accused me of trying to sell you a counterfeit Bloodshark.

At 11:00 am, I replied back with the original IM and stated that, again, if you wanted a TD made blade to contact him.

You never replied to the last email but instead you post on here accusing me of trying to deceive you even though I've stated repeatedly that it wasn't a TD made blade.