PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer P938 Issue

T2C
12-14-15, 21:40
Someone contacted me about looking at his new Sig Sauer P938. He indicated the first round fired out of a magazine hits several inches low at 7 yards, then the remaining rounds fired hit POA. He indicated it occurs with 115g and 124g FMJ and HP. I suspect it's the difference in the way the barrel and slide locks up, manual battery versus live battery. I suggested contacting Sig Sauer, but he wants me to check the pistol over before he contacts Sig.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Did the issue resolve itself after firing several hundred rounds or does it persist?

jhr1986
12-14-15, 22:17
Shoot it yourself first. My money is on the shooter as the problem.

midnight son
12-17-15, 19:44
I agree. The three I have shot all have been very accurate and shoot to poa. But, two of the three have had loose extractors out of the box and caused double feeds. Both went back to Sig and I have since seen one of them shot. All issues resolved. I like the gun but I wish the safety was a little more substantial....i.e. easier to switch on and off.

maxsss
12-18-15, 11:57
I would assume that it is shooter error. I have a 938 and have not experienced anything like that.

Prior to purchasing I visited the SigTalk forums quite frequently and read quite a bit about the 938, shooter error was the cause of quite a few issues with the gun. Most notable was limp wristing. Although, I'm not sure that would be the cause of the problem you posted about.

T2C
12-23-15, 16:54
I finally got my hands on the pistol and checked it over. I took it apart, closely examined the pistol, cleaned it, oiled it and reassembled it. Everything appeared to be in good working order. I fired 100 rounds through the pistol and have both good and bad news.

The good news is that the pistol shoots point of aim out to 25 yards. Head shots on a silhouette target are a breeze at 10 yards.

The bad news is that I am out several hundred dollars, because after firing it I had to buy one for myself.

CatSnipah
12-23-15, 16:57
I finally got my hands on the pistol and checked it over. I took it apart, closely examined the pistol, cleaned it, oiled it and reassembled it. Everything appeared to be in good working order. I fired 100 rounds through the pistol and have both good and bad news.

The good news is that the pistol shoots point of aim out to 25 yards. Head shots on a silhouette target are a breeze at 10 yards.

The bad news is that I am out several hundred dollars, because after firing it I had to buy one for myself.

Lol, another Sig winner!

Sigs are my favorite pistols. :)

But I'm not into the 938 or 238. But I have a few associates that are, and they are very happy.

Kevin K
01-04-16, 21:49
I have the 938 sas and for me it is very hard to beat. Nice factory sights, and so easy to conceal. Never take the Bodyguard 380 out anymore. I am much more accurate with it than the Kahr Pm9 I sold.

HCrum87hc
01-05-16, 12:51
It's nice to hear that most of you enjoy your 238s. I've been toying with the idea of replacing my LCP with one, but I've heard they can be finicky.

Kevin K
01-05-16, 14:00
It's nice to hear that most of you enjoy your 238s. I've been toying with the idea of replacing my LCP with one, but I've heard they can be finicky.

I think the first ones were finicky, but Sig fixed those problems. Seems like whenever gun manufacturers or auto manufacturers come out with a new model there is always growing pains. This reason is why I never buy the first year model vehicle/gun.

T2C
01-05-16, 15:29
I bought a new P938 SAS. I have only fired a few hundred rounds through it, but I can't get it to choke on anything. POI is the same regardless of whether it is the first shot out of the magazine or any other.

The Glock 43 has been in storage since I picked up the Sig. The Sig is thinner, a littler easier to conceal, has a better trigger, is more accurate and has less felt recoil than the Glock 43.

You get what you pay for. The G43 may be history.

Gary1911A1
01-06-16, 11:05
So where is the bad news? You had to purchased your own Sig 938?

HCrum87hc
01-06-16, 13:34
Yes. The bad news is his wallet is a bit lighter. I'm glad to hear you guys are very satisfied with your 238s and 938s. It certainly makes me feel better about replacing the LCP. Do any of you pocket carry yours and/or have issues of the thumb safety disengaging?

maxsss
01-06-16, 14:04
Yes. The bad news is his wallet is a bit lighter. I'm glad to hear you guys are very satisfied with your 238s and 938s. It certainly makes me feel better about replacing the LCP. Do any of you pocket carry yours and/or have issues of the thumb safety disengaging?

I've not had any issues with the thumb safety that some people have reported. On the Sig Forum that I occasionally go to, it seemed to be that was an issue with the early production models. Personally, I don't pocket carry mine all that often. I've not found a good way to avoid printing in my pocket. Granted, that my be more of a "me" issue than it is with the gun, as I haven't spent time or money on different ways to carry it in a pocket.

HCrum87hc
01-06-16, 14:39
I've not had any issues with the thumb safety that some people have reported. On the Sig Forum that I occasionally go to, it seemed to be that was an issue with the early production models. Personally, I don't pocket carry mine all that often. I've not found a good way to avoid printing in my pocket. Granted, that my be more of a "me" issue than it is with the gun, as I haven't spent time or money on different ways to carry it in a pocket.

Good deal. Thanks for all the first hand information.

Kevin K
01-06-16, 17:14
I pocket carry and have never had a problem with safety coming off in a Sticky holster.

Biged65
01-06-16, 19:22
Same here, no issue with safety. I used to carry it in summer but my wife likes it and carries it now. Probably buy another before this summer, after I recover from Christmas