PDA

View Full Version : 2 Afghan airmen missing from Georgia airbase

FlyingHunter
12-15-15, 19:11
From USA Today:

MOODY AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. — New details emerged Thursday in the intense search for two Afghan student airmen missing from Moody Air Force Base, about 230 miles south of Atlanta, near Valdosta.

Authorities say Mirwais Kohistani and Shirzad Rohullah failed to show up at the base for training Monday.

“They’ve just gone missing. We’re not sure why,” said U.S. Air Force spokesman Ed Gulick.

My favorite quote from the article:

It’s not the first time it’s happened, so we just want to find them if we can,” said Gulick. “I think we just think we continue to look for them, and follow to try and find them."

Ironic the date they arrived in the USA:

The three soldiers from the Afghan National Army had arrived in the U.S. on Sept. 11, 2014, to take part in a two-week training exercise.

The officers, who were identified as Maj. Jan Mohammad Arash, Capt. Mohammad Nasir Askarzada and Capt. Noorullah Aminy, were among 200 soldiers from Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan, Kazakhstan and Mongolia taking part in the tactical exercises at Camp Edwards. All three carried Afghan passports and valid U.S. visas, according to military officials.

I'm sure they just chilling in Vegas ...or something...

Kain
12-15-15, 19:18
The optimist, who is also the one who can be the naive child in me, goes, well they have dropped off from bases before because these folks sometimes don't want to go back home because their countries are shitholes and they want the chance at a better life. I kind of understand that idea.

The cynic and pessimist in me is thinking that perhaps their motives are less altruistic and even devilish and one hopes they are found quickly before something bad happens. The other possibility the cynic in me offers is that they went out for sightseeing and ended up running across some pissed off good ol' boys. You can fill in the blanks there.

The comic in me wonders if they didn't just come across a rural goat farm and lost track of time.

FlyingHunter
12-15-15, 19:39
The optimist, who is also the one who can be the naive child in me, goes, well they have dropped off from bases before because these folks sometimes don't want to go back home because their countries are shitholes and they want the chance at a better life. I kind of understand that idea.

The cynic and pessimist in me is thinking that perhaps their motives are less altruistic and even devilish and one hopes they are found quickly before something bad happens. The other possibility the cynic in me offers is that they went out for sightseeing and ended up running across some pissed off good ol' boys. You can fill in the blanks there.

The comic in me wonders if they didn't just come across a rural goat farm and lost track of time.

That last line...best laugh I've had all day...Thanks

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-15-15, 21:21
Came across a cross burning and got the wrong idea about the hosts....

Benito
12-15-15, 22:40
Came across a cross burning and got the wrong idea about the hosts....

LOL. One can only hope.
Although, they would make excellent members of the Klan. Their Jew hatred is second to none, as is their hatred of homosexuals (Thursdays excluded of course).

Moose-Knuckle
12-16-15, 03:40
Maybe there in MO picking up some propane cylinders and burner phones . . .

Outlander Systems
12-16-15, 07:08
Sweet!

They're most likely at Peaches of Valdosta.

ST911
12-16-15, 08:52
The lewd humor is getting a bit out of hand, and making otherwise useful threads NSFW. It's getting tiresome. Clean it up, and get back on topic. Colorful content deleted.