PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MOE Stock

Stickman
08-08-08, 18:31
I continue to be impressed with what the Magpul crew releases. The MOE series is as solid as there other lineup from what I can tell, just with a few less amenities, and a reduction in price.

ETA- Evidently I should have mentioned in the title of the thread that I meant the stock, not the pistol grip.

extra edit- Title now fixed.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20II/IMG_6804%201028%20Stick.jpg

mrosamilia
08-08-08, 20:25
I agree I am very happy with mine. I just wish they would ship my CTR and poly mags!!

Bonehead69
08-08-08, 20:34
I agree I am very happy with mine.
Same here:D Though they did go a bit overboard on the amount of locktite put on the supplied screw, but that was easily solved;)

TUNNEL RAT 33
08-08-08, 20:42
not to hijack - but any word on the lower ?

Eye Spy
08-08-08, 20:47
Very nice ... very KISS. magpul seems to be able to turn out variants of their products to cater to every persons preference ;) ...

Stickman
08-08-08, 21:50
Same here:D Though they did go a bit overboard on the amount of locktite put on the supplied screw, but that was easily solved;)

I had meant this thread to be about the MOE stock, not the MOE pistol grips, I should have made a clearer title. I tried an edit, but it the board won't allow for a title change.

If its any consolation, there isn't any loctite on the MOE stocks. :D

Tom_Jones
08-08-08, 22:21
deleted

Stickman
08-08-08, 22:40
If you click the "Go Advanced" button while editing the first post of a thread you can edit the title.

Thankyou sir!

Bonehead69
08-08-08, 23:30
I had meant this thread to be about the MOE stock, not the MOE pistol grips, I should have made a clearer title. I tried an edit, but it the board won't allow for a title change.

If its any consolation, there isn't any loctite on the MOE stocks. :D

Opps LOL :p

LOKNLOD
08-08-08, 23:46
So what is the functional difference between the MOE and the CTR?

gkanga
08-09-08, 02:57
It appears that the MOE doesn't have the clamp.

BushmasterFanBoy
08-09-08, 02:58

IIRC, the MOE doesn't have the locking bar, that pushes the stock rigidly in place. Since I don't have one, I'll let Stickman say if its still tighter than a 6 pos GI stock.

Stickman
08-09-08, 10:00

MOE doesn't use the lock, and doesn't have the QD socket.

Stickman
08-09-08, 10:01
Since I don't have one, I'll let Stickman say if its still tighter than a 6 pos GI stock.

The one I have certainly is, but I only have one right now, so its hard to make a generalized statement off one stock. I have used it on several different milspec rec-ext, and they have all been snug.

C4IGrant
08-11-08, 15:56
Just got some of these in and snapped a couple pics. Same quality as the CTR, but without the locking lever.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/MOE_Stock_Black.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/MOE_Stock_Close_Up.jpg

RD62
08-11-08, 16:03
Pretty sweet Grant!

I'm gonna ask, cause someone has too. What's the $$$ difference?

-RD62

C4IGrant
08-11-08, 16:12
Pretty sweet Grant!

I'm gonna ask, cause someone has too. What's the $$$ difference?

-RD62

MAP pricing is $56.95.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MOE-STK

C4

austinN4
08-11-08, 16:57
MAP pricing is $56.95.
Wow! That is a big difference.
92.00 regular
56.95 MOE

b_saan
08-11-08, 17:24
No QD sling socket either. But still a great deal on what looks to be another quality Magpul stock.

austinN4
08-11-08, 17:28
No QD sling socket either. But still a great deal on what looks to be another quality Magpul stock.
Thanks - I saw the no lock but missed the no QD. But I like my rear sling point on my end plate anyway, but know that many prefer the stock.

ROSS4712
08-11-08, 20:29
Grant does it come with the rubber butt pad at that price?

28_days
08-11-08, 22:31
Anyone know what it weighs in comparison to the current 5-position stock?

Stickman
08-11-08, 23:58
Can you merge the threads?

mark5pt56
08-12-08, 08:14
I meant to merge yours into Grants, but I goofed, oh well.

C4IGrant
08-12-08, 08:26
Grant does it come with the rubber butt pad at that price?

Yes.

C4

markm
08-12-08, 08:41
If any of you MOEs have the old Colt 4 position (N 1) stocks laying around, I'll buy them. I don't see too many people selling them... probably since not too many people use them. But I like them. :cool:

ARin
08-12-08, 12:42
no qd socket is kind of a deal breaker for me.

i couldnt care less about the lock lever....but the qd is mandatory.. its just such a useful design feature.

C4IGrant
08-12-08, 12:55

i couldnt care less about the lock lever....but the qd is mandatory.. its just such a useful design feature.

Neither of those two items are mandatory for me (especially the socket). Mounting your sling in that position makes the weapon hang low and sucks when shooting off hand.

C4

rob_s
08-12-08, 12:56
If any of you MOEs have the old Colt 4 position (N 1) stocks laying around, I'll buy them. I don't see too many people selling them... probably since not too many people use them. But I like them. :cool:

The bodies? I think I might have something like 4+ of them.

I actually like that it doesn't have the QD. I would be curious to know how much more it would have cost if they had included one though.

At a certain point they'd get so close to the CTR stock that nobody would bother with the MOE.

rob_s
08-12-08, 13:00
Grant, complete "kit" price on a MOE with RE, buffer, and spring?

C4IGrant
08-13-08, 11:15
Grant, complete "kit" price on a MOE with RE, buffer, and spring?

$119 with an H buffer.

C4

C4IGrant
08-13-08, 11:15
FDE MOE.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/MOE_Stock_FDE.jpg

C4IGrant
08-19-08, 16:34
Foliage and OD are now out!

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/MOE_Stock_FG.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Magpul/MOE_Stock_OD.jpg

28_days
08-19-08, 18:03
$119 with an H buffer.

C4

What about everything besides the stock itself?

IE: mil-spec tube, H buffer and spring, castle nut, and receiver plate?

C4IGrant
08-20-08, 08:31
What about everything besides the stock itself?

IE: mil-spec tube, H buffer and spring, castle nut, and receiver plate?

$77.

C4

28_days
08-20-08, 11:17
$77.

C4

Thanks for the quick response!

target4fun
08-24-08, 00:54
Magpul has done it again although I think I like the CTR better with the QR

Broadway
08-24-08, 01:49
Magpul has done it again although I think I like the CTR better with the QR

+1 I agree.

markm
08-24-08, 12:48
While we're talking MOE gear... I bought a MOE grip. The grip cover falls out very easily with nothing in the storage compartment. I was running some drills, and looked down on the ground. HEY somebody lost there grip cover!

Oh! It's me. :eek:

I put it back in, and it fell out again.... I just threw it in the bed of the truck.

chadbag
08-24-08, 13:30
While we're talking MOE gear... I bought a MOE grip. The grip cover falls out very easily with nothing in the storage compartment. I was running some drills, and looked down on the ground. HEY somebody lost there grip cover!

I put it back in, and it fell out again.... I just threw it in the bed of the truck.

Just FYI

MOE Grips supposedly take the MIAD cores as well. The one with the MOE grip is just a generic plug to cover the hole

markm
08-25-08, 08:45
It's definitely no where near the same fit as my MIAD. It's cool though. I don't store stuff in my grip anyway.

spamsammich
08-26-08, 13:38
$119 with an H buffer.

C4

Is there a link to this or would you rather we placed a call or email in to get this pricing?

C4IGrant
08-26-08, 14:43
Is there a link to this or would you rather we placed a call or email in to get this pricing?

Give us a call please.

Thanks,

Grant

cohiba
08-26-08, 15:15
Not something Magpul thought of nor would they have any reason to but these are perfect for CT to have pinned in place for those who hate the fixed M4 stocks like the one on the Colt MT6400c. As incredible as it sounds, my gunsmith has pinned over 100 CTRs. Better to pin a $56 stock if that's your thing.

He also pinned the first and if there is a God, last, UBR stock in CT. That was painful just to look at but whatever floats your boat.

SoDak
08-27-08, 09:28
Does the MOE stock have a much better cheekweld over the standard m4 stock? I've been thinking aobut getting a vltor modstock for the improved cheekweld, but the MOE stock would be a more affordable alternative for me.

28_days
08-28-08, 18:48
Does the MOE stock have a much better cheekweld over the standard m4 stock? I've been thinking aobut getting a vltor modstock for the improved cheekweld, but the MOE stock would be a more affordable alternative for me.

Anyone? Is it worth it to upgrade from a standard M4 stock or no?

C4IGrant
08-28-08, 18:50
Anyone? Is it worth it to upgrade from a standard M4 stock or no?

Yes, the MOE is far superior to the common M4 stock. Better cheekweld, rubber butt pad, tighter fit and you can add a larger cheekweld if you desire.

C4

M1A2_Tanker
08-28-08, 19:01
$119 with an H buffer.

C4

Can this be had with the vltor buffer tube, H buffer? Price diff? I'm needing to pick up 4 of them.

C4IGrant
08-28-08, 19:08
Can this be had with the vltor buffer tube, H buffer? Price diff? I'm needing to pick up 4 of them.

We can use the VLTOR RE, but the price is will go up some.

C4

M1A2_Tanker
08-28-08, 19:13
Rgr sweet i'll give you a call in the morning!

Thanks Cris :D

28_days
08-28-08, 22:01
Yes, the MOE is far superior to the common M4 stock. Better cheekweld, rubber butt pad, tighter fit and you can add a larger cheekweld if you desire.

C4

Excellent. Thanks Grant.

I'm assuming this package comes with CMT parts? I'll probably pick one of these up in the next few weeks.

steve2071
08-29-08, 05:59
Dude, the MOE stuff is really nice and affordable. But what I've really been eyeing are the Magpul BUIS. I WANT!!!

rob_s
08-29-08, 06:14
I got my MOE stock and grip in last night.

I honestly think that the stock is just about the last thing someone should upgrade on a stock carbine, but if you're building from scratch and have the money to spend I guess it's not a bad thing to have. I just wanted one so I bought one, and it will probably go on my BCM upper build along with Grant's LPK (warmed over by Bill Springfield) and the MOE grip. This BCM build is winding up being a test-bed for a lot of new gear for me.

IroquoisSnakePlissken
08-30-08, 22:54
Every night before I go to sleep, I pray Magpul will re-release the M93 as a MOE version...

KyAKGuy
08-31-08, 02:08
Is there any chance they will be available for the commercial diameter
receiver extensions like the CTR is??
I don't even see this line pictured on the MAGPUL website yet.
I have an DD OMEGA 7.0 inbound and would like to do the dark earth
Stock, grip and rail covers...Should look very sharp.

KyAKGuy

Bushytale
08-31-08, 02:16
KyAKGuy, the MOE stock is being made in milspec and commercial variant.

ABNAK
08-31-08, 08:06
Yep, I got one of the commercial MOE stocks. Fits really snug, almost like a suction as you move it back and forth on the tube. Definitely the least movement of any collapsable stock I've had.

Now I'm waiting on their handguards to come out. Anyone got any info on when that might be?

KyAKGuy
08-31-08, 15:08
ABNAK,

Where did you get it from? You still located by Ft. Campbell?

KyAKGuy

C-Fish
08-31-08, 15:21

Mine did the same thing today on its maden voyage to the range...I laughed out loud when I noticed it as it made me think of your post....:D
"HEY somebody lost there grip cover!"..."Oh! It's me":eek:...

ABNAK
08-31-08, 16:36
ABNAK,

Where did you get it from? You still located by Ft. Campbell?

KyAKGuy

Email inbound.