PDA

View Full Version : Any Steyr AUG fans here?

AR-15A3
10-05-06, 16:22
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Alpha-Romeo3/Hunting/AUG-P-M16NATOconvMD.jpg
My '89 Steyr AUG A1 16" with M16 NATO/ AR-15 mag conversion stock kit

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Alpha-Romeo3/Hunting/SteyrAUG_A1_16inch.jpg
Pic before the conversion

There are two US companies that are going to be selling AUG clones soon but It's not clear if they are going to offer A1, A2, A3 or civi models.

TOrrock
10-05-06, 17:31
I was a huge fan until I actually got to shoot a few....the triggers on the standard model were just bad, bad.

I've heard that there's now a fix out there for the trigger, and if there is, I'd like to try it.

"Bad" trigger or not, I'd still love to have an AUG the way yours is set up! :cool:

Who's going to be bringing out the US AUG's? DSA?

Spill it!!!

AR-15A3
10-05-06, 18:35
I was a huge fan until I actually got to shoot a few....the triggers on the standard model were just bad, bad.

I've heard that there's now a fix out there for the trigger, and if there is, I'd like to try it.

"Bad" trigger or not, I'd still love to have an AUG the way yours is set up! :cool:

Who's going to be bringing out the US AUG's? DSA?

Spill it!!!
The Trigger Tamer is available to fix the heavy triggers and it's either self installed or already installed in the trigger module.

http://www.triggertamer.com/

The nice thing about my setup is I could just grab my three ARs and the AUG, they all have the same mags.

They're using enough US made parts to comply with the import ban, the rest of the parts are still made by Steyr.

The two US makers are not DSA or any large company, they are small companies and the one in Oregon should have theirs ready either by the end of this year or early next year.

Nitrox
10-05-06, 19:26
TROS?

AR-15A3
10-05-06, 22:32
The mfg in Oregon is Tactical Product Design T.P.D. (new website under construction).

Established in 2002 to manufacture AUG parts and complete rifles.

After years of promises form Australian Defence Industries (ADI) they have moved forward with their own barrels and soon, first article AUG recievers.

They're not involved in anything other than the AUG type rifle at this time, located in Beaverton, Oregon, 07, 08, SOT.

Current T.P.D. AUG project status:

US compliant AUG foregrip - Done
Gas piston - Done
Barrel - Done
Gas block - First pull phase
Gas reg springs - Done
Gas regulator - In production
Trigger - On the way
Disconnector - In production
Mag body, floor plate
Follower, US M16 - Any

Get your wallets ready, the guesstimate price is about $1,758 and they will be available from Pete of PJA Investments Co., which is my and most of the AUG owners parts supplier.

The other US company will be available much later than T.P.D. and Steyr is currently looking in the US to setup their factory which could take several years.

Nitrox
10-07-06, 00:23
Thanks for the Info.

nyeti
10-11-06, 13:28
Truth be know (and I shouldn't even say this on "M4") my absolute favorite urban police rifle is the AUG. You can deal with most of the supposed "issues" with training. You get used to the trigger (in the last class I was in, I beat all the AR's and my shot to shot times were faster than all the AR's/M16's). I have found the AUGs to actually work far better in actually carrying and using than in shooting or training drills. I also carried an AUG extensively in the aviation environment where it excelled as well.

I limit my carry now due to the cost of my AUG's and the price and availability of parts. If this gets rectified with U.S. mfg., then I am excited.

AR-15A3
10-11-06, 23:03
Truth be know (and I shouldn't even say this on "M4") my absolute favorite urban police rifle is the AUG. You can deal with most of the supposed "issues" with training. You get used to the trigger (in the last class I was in, I beat all the AR's and my shot to shot times were faster than all the AR's/M16's). I have found the AUGs to actually work far better in actually carrying and using than in shooting or training drills. I also carried an AUG extensively in the aviation environment where it excelled as well.

I limit my carry now due to the cost of my AUG's and the price and availability of parts. If this gets rectified with U.S. mfg., then I am excited.
Same thing with my AUG, I had it so long that I'm used to it's bad trigger, I might try the Trigger Tamer next time.

When I first got mine back then it shot better than my A2 carbine and rifle because of it's optic and vertical front grip.

I could usually make a plastic bottle go uphill when I'm consistently shooting it with my AUG, it was harder to do that with my A2 ARs but now that ARs have caught up with picatinny rails, optics and vertical front grip the AUG lost it's first advantages, except it's still great in cold weather because of it's piston gas system.

I also try to limit the use of my AUG because of limited parts but with better parts availability in the near future I could shoot it more often again.

Tactical Product Design also stated that they will be making a 6.8mm SPC AUG model after they are done with the 5.56mm model. :cool:

C4IGrant
10-12-06, 09:47
I would love to have one and look forward to seeing them made in the US. Please invite T.D.P. to come to this forum and share any info they have.

C4

TPDSOT
10-12-06, 13:01
The mfg in Oregon is Tactical Product Design T.P.D. (new website under construction).

Established in 2002 to manufacture AUG parts and complete rifles.

After years of promises form Australian Defence Industries (ADI) they have moved forward with their own barrels and soon, first article AUG recievers.

They're not involved in anything other than the AUG type rifle at this time, located in Beaverton, Oregon, 07, 08, SOT.

Current T.P.D. AUG project status:

US compliant AUG foregrip - Done
Gas piston - Done
Barrel - Done
Gas block - First pull phase
Gas reg springs - Done
Gas regulator - In production
Trigger - On the way
Disconnector - In production
Mag body, floor plate
Follower, US M16 - Any

Get your wallets ready, the guesstimate price is about $1,758 and they will be available from Pete of PJA Investments Co., which is my and most of the AUG owners parts supplier.

The other US company will be available much later than T.P.D. and Steyr is currently looking in the US to setup their factory which could take several years.

Hello M4Carbine.net!

TPDSOT here, nice to see some interest in the US AUG. We are looking forward to our product market insertion in the next month or so. As we will be supplying compliance parts listed above initially, no complete AUG's quite yet.

We have a parntership emerging that may facilitate a complete US AUG early next year. Having said that we have been promised alot over the years and none to date have been able to deliver. This is why TPD has taken the lead in providing the compliance parts for those of you with receivers already in hand.

Letters from ATFE confirm compliance and we are very excited to provide a product long over due here in the US, an affordable AUG.

We also believe we can deliver a product as good or better due to our attention to detail and much lower production numbers. We will ultimately be using foreign parts to supplement our product line.

I personally have to say that this has been quite an under taking even more stressful and frot with pitfalls I didn't even imagine, but nonetheless we are very close!

Look forward to talking with the members of M4Carbine in the coming weeks

Cordially,

Kent Luttrell
Managing Partner/Designer
TPD 07, 08, SOT

PS I will add that price and distributor may change at a moments notice. Price will be determined when all the nuts are counted.

C4IGrant
10-12-06, 13:11
Kent, thanks for the info and taking the time to fill us in. I am personally looking forward to your product and am sure many others are as well.

C4

TPDSOT
10-12-06, 17:31
Kent, thanks for the info and taking the time to fill us in. I am personally looking forward to your product and am sure many others are as well.

C4

Thank you!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/kentlik/AUGforegripblk001.jpg

Here is a poor picture of our grip, pat pend..

C4IGrant
10-12-06, 17:39
Thank you!

Your welcome and please check your PM.

C4

Neville
10-12-06, 17:41
An American AUG is really a great idea! I am hoping on the creative minds and constant tinkering of the US shooting industry to show what is possible with the AUG. Handling their much too heavy A3 version, I thought: boy, how Steyr needs somebody like Mr. LaRue. TPDSOT could be this innovator.

Nevertheless it is my favorite carbine design. You get rifle ballistics out of a carbine size gun, far more tough magazines, better pointability, one hand useability and ergonomics (if you don't subscribe to the shoulder change theory), fewer parts that can break, a cleaner and more reliable running system. In a recent carbine class, I observed my AUG as well as three others to go through 2500 rds. without a single failure.

Moreover it introduced optics to every soldier-something that was added to the M16 system after Mogadishu. The sole downside to the A2 is rail space but with the Brügger & Thomet rail system that problem is gone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/CatoY2k/4Austrians.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/CatoY2k/PICT0048.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/CatoY2k/Upload3.jpg

TOrrock
10-12-06, 18:02
Man.......I might have to beg-borrow-steal my buddy's AUG again and get some serious trigger time.

I'm really hoping that you can get a high quality American (maybe some Aussie in there somewhere too) AUG out early next year TPDSOT.

Welcome to the forum, please keep us updated....

Mmmmmm.........AUG goodness.....:D

TPDSOT
10-12-06, 21:27
The sole downside to the A2 is rail space but with the Brügger & Thomet rail system that problem is gone.

Not an issue anymore...Don't spend $600 spend alot less...

TPD has a rail system going into production that will eliminate all the issues. Fourteen inches of rail along the rifle's horizontal line and two, three or four rails, depending on your preference, just at the gas block. Can't post pic's quite yet, need some paper work back from USPTO.

About 3/4 of a pound lighter, estimate, than the new A3 that is the new design by...you know who.

TPDSOT

C4IGrant
10-13-06, 09:24
The sole downside to the A2 is rail space but with the Brügger & Thomet rail system that problem is gone.

TPD has a rail system going into production that will eliminate all the issues. Fourteen inches of rail along the rifle's horizontal line and two, three or four rails, depending on your preference, just at the gas block. Can't post pic's quite yet, need some paper work back from USPTO.

About 3/4 of a pound lighter, estimate, than the new A3 that is the new design by...you know who.

TPDSOT

Excellent!

C4

Neville
10-13-06, 11:57
Can't wait for pictures!!

TPDSOT
10-19-06, 22:49

TPDSOT
Looks like we may have some probability of a complete AUG after all. This is tenative, but a parts source looks to be in the offing. For those non 922 (r) compliant parts. Will keep you posted.

TPDSOT

TPDSOT
10-25-06, 11:13
I hesitate to quote prices, but what the hay:

These kits will have a couple of variables.

With or without NATO stock, cost at this time $400, but Steyr has plans for a price increase, might be significant, but we are designing our own

Barrels complete MSRP around $525 +-match grade chrome lined

Disconnetor $20-$22

Gas piston only $22

Gas regulator $70+
(sorry, these are prohibitively expensive to make correctly with no short cuts)

Foregrip $60+-

Trigger no price yet

A2 optics rail $250+-, (very new and very functional, simple yet effective design) or original A2 $95

Receivers: yet to be determined under a $1000 more than $650

Now with AR uppers in the $1000+ range we will be very competetive with high end AR's, but with, what we think significant advantages

A tricked out AR is right where we will be, we hope. Any of these prices I have stated can change in both directions. It is simply not fair to compare apples to oranges here as these are manufactured in the hundreds not thousands or tens of thousands as the AR is. We are breaking some new ground here and this is very early on so consider these ballpark.

I hope I have not jumped the gun...

Just for kicks I went to EE on another site and put together a high end AR, on paper, with no optics, averaging the costs of all high end parts and came up with a $2254 rifle. I hadn't looked lately, but there were $1500 uppers, without sights...You won't need a collapsible stock with this rifle and overall length with a 16 inch barrel is still shorter than some of the SBR's I saw.

Just playing around...

TPDSOT

C4IGrant
10-25-06, 11:19
I build a lot of high end uppers for $1,200-$1,500 so that is fairly normal price in my book.

I added up your price list and figured the trigger to be $300. I came up with something around $2,500. I spent $2,200 for a 1911 so that price is easy for me to swallow. :D

C4

SuicideHz
10-25-06, 15:23
Templar- Don't get the Aussies involved in this too!

AR-15A3
10-25-06, 20:29
TPDSOT,

That's not a bad price estimate compared to high end ARs, excellent condition used AUGs are around $3K and new are $4K+.

Your cost is in between the cost of my two carbine builds, my almost high end middy one was around $3K with only an Aimpoint M2 with KAC mount, LaRue 9.0 FF, TD VFG, Troy BUIS, Vltor modstock, Surefire M961C and my other one around slightly under $2K with an EOTech 551, KAC M4 RAS rails, KAC VFG, KAC 300m BUIS, Vltor modstock & Surfire G2 with DD mount (shipping and labor not included in my build cost).

Thanks for your updates, we'll be waiting for your actual prices when it hits the market. :cool:

AR-15A3
10-26-06, 19:35
Here's the latest news about the other company that will make the 100% USA made upgraded AUG style rifle.

Pete Athens formerly of his own company PJA Investments Co. but now joined the other company that will make the AUG here in the US, stated the configuration of their model which they expect to sell for less than $2K and they will show it at the next Shot Show.

Their rifle will be available shortly after the Shot Show.

Quote:

1. These are NOT made by Steyr Arms or any of its licensed partners including ADI, Malaysia or any others partners. Nor did they have anything to do with the project.

2. A year ago I personally teamed up with a well reputable company and we decided to build a more advanced 100% USA made AUG style rifle.

3. Yes it will have the AUG style plastic magazines, just ours are more advanced for we used newer materials that are much stronger. It will NOT take the AR15/M16 magazines.

4. Yes we will have true 16 & 20" barrel versions with flashiders and check nut that actually come of if you wish. We will not pin ours on as others have.

6. Yes the barrels will be quick detach with a push of a button.

7. Yes ALL of our parts are US compliance and can be installed on a USR.

8. Yes we will offer 3 color choices, I will post pic of the colors today or tomorrow.

9. Yes we are far into the project, we already have manufactured several of the parts.

10. Over 90% of the parts for this rifle is made here in house.

11. Barrel & receiver testing will start next week.

12. The most important thing is that I personally will make sure that we listen to you, our customers and give you the weapon that you want. No junk or short cuts here. I have met with many LE tactical teams and designed the weapon to suit Military, Police and demanding civilian market. We have full staff of engineers and tool makers in house. We have done our homework here and when you guys see this weapon it will blow you away. My partners and I have over 20 years of knowledge in the AUG platform, combined experience we fixed all the weak points on the AUG platform. We have totally upgraded the weapon from outside to inside.

13. 4 weeks ago, My company (Pjs Investments in Charlotte, NC) merged together with this company and I no longer sell Steyr AUG Parts or rifles. I am part of this company and have been over seeing this project from start to finish. We will listen to you guys and give you what you want.

14. NFA 14" SBR matching #s, no problem. Enough demand for 9mm matching #s guns also no problem. You guys tell us what you want and we will listen.

15. We will be fully stocking all spare parts and accessories for these including complete rail systems. you guys can buy direct from us.

16. Complete barrels and other spare parts will be available and also be very affordable.

17. Yes, has scope assembly and easily comes of to allow rails option.

18. Yes, we are looking to market this weapon to the Military/Law Enforcement and Civilian market.

I personally love the Steyr AUG and have several of them including semis, transferable, pre samples and still have a few post samples but I truly believe that we have taken the AUG platform to a higher level with our rifle.

Also they will have new AUG mags of better material quality in 10, 20, 30 and 42 rounds capacity:

Quote:

Will be available for purchase real soon.

These are made with the latest available material and are "bullet proof", won't even melt if you use "Gun Scrubber" on them.

Try some gun scrubber on your factory mags and see what happens!!!

Please email any questions to>
pjs1inc@aol.com

** Steyr, AUG, USR is a registered trade mark to Steyr Mannlicher **

Ref: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semiforum.cgi?read=81778

and TOS

Voodoochild
10-26-06, 20:47
Here's the latest news about the other company that will make the 100% USA made upgraded AUG style rifle.

Pete Athens formerly of his own company PJA Investments Co. but now joined the other company that will make the AUG here in the US, stated the configuration of their model which they expect to sell for less than $2K and they will show it at the next Shot Show.

Their rifle will be available shortly after the Shot Show.

Quote:

1. These are NOT made by Steyr Arms or any of its licensed partners including ADI, Malaysia or any others partners. Nor did they have anything to do with the project.

2. A year ago I personally teamed up with a well reputable company and we decided to build a more advanced 100% USA made AUG style rifle.

3. Yes it will have the AUG style plastic magazines, just ours are more advanced for we used newer materials that are much stronger. It will NOT take the AR15/M16 magazines.

4. Yes we will have true 16 & 20" barrel versions with flashiders and check nut that actually come of if you wish. We will not pin ours on as others have.

6. Yes the barrels will be quick detach with a push of a button.

7. Yes ALL of our parts are US compliance and can be installed on a USR.

8. Yes we will offer 3 color choices, I will post pic of the colors today or tomorrow.

9. Yes we are far into the project, we already have manufactured several of the parts.

10. Over 90% of the parts for this rifle is made here in house.

11. Barrel & receiver testing will start next week.

12. The most important thing is that I personally will make sure that we listen to you, our customers and give you the weapon that you want. No junk or short cuts here. I have met with many LE tactical teams and designed the weapon to suit Military, Police and demanding civilian market. We have full staff of engineers and tool makers in house. We have done our homework here and when you guys see this weapon it will blow you away. My partners and I have over 20 years of knowledge in the AUG platform, combined experience we fixed all the weak points on the AUG platform. We have totally upgraded the weapon from outside to inside.

13. 4 weeks ago, My company (Pjs Investments in Charlotte, NC) merged together with this company and I no longer sell Steyr AUG Parts or rifles. I am part of this company and have been over seeing this project from start to finish. We will listen to you guys and give you what you want.

14. NFA 14" SBR matching #s, no problem. Enough demand for 9mm matching #s guns also no problem. You guys tell us what you want and we will listen.

15. We will be fully stocking all spare parts and accessories for these including complete rail systems. you guys can buy direct from us.

16. Complete barrels and other spare parts will be available and also be very affordable.

17. Yes, has scope assembly and easily comes of to allow rails option.

18. Yes, we are looking to market this weapon to the Military/Law Enforcement and Civilian market.

I personally love the Steyr AUG and have several of them including semis, transferable, pre samples and still have a few post samples but I truly believe that we have taken the AUG platform to a higher level with our rifle.

Also they will have new AUG mags of better material quality in 10, 20, 30 and 42 rounds capacity:

Quote:

Will be available for purchase real soon.

These are made with the latest available material and are "bullet proof", won't even melt if you use "Gun Scrubber" on them.

Try some gun scrubber on your factory mags and see what happens!!!

Please email any questions to>
pjs1inc@aol.com

** Steyr, AUG, USR is a registered trade mark to Steyr Mannlicher **

Ref: http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semiforum.cgi?read=81778

and TOS

Here is my 2 cents on this and please pass it along to the higher ups. Thank you for being 100% USA and making your parts in the US. That shows dedication and I for one will support you and your companies.

olds442tyguy
10-26-06, 20:55
Woo hoo!

I'd love to have an AUG A3. :cool:

Red Cobra
10-31-06, 13:51
I can't wait for Pete's STG 556 Bull Pup Rifle! It will be a great addition to my Black Steyr AUG A1!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/428SCJ/100_1399.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/428SCJ/100_1370.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/428SCJ/100_1400.jpg

U.S. Custom Agents with the AUG.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/428SCJ/100_1352.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/428SCJ/100_1383.jpg

AR-15A3
11-02-06, 14:13
Nice black AUG A1. :cool:

Pete's all new STG 556 (TM) USA made advanced "Bull Pup" rifle pictures and project status reports could be seen at his website.

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com

I can't wait for it to be available too, enjoy. :D

Aardvark
11-02-06, 18:27
I'll take a green one and a tan one. Both 20" bbls, please. :) ..ah heck...gimme a black one in 16" also, unless there's a grey one coming out as well, then I'll take a grey. What's with the brochure? I've never seen an open sight AUG as pictured and I'm thinking I'd like one of those just to be different.

AR-15A3
11-05-06, 09:08
Pete of PJS-SteyrAUG.com just added yesterday limited free Pelican rifle case and Microtech knife with sheath color matching set with the purchase of their company's first 1,500 limited edition STG 556 rifles.

All 1500 limited edition STG 556 rifles come with an exclusive Pelican rifle case. Each Pelican case will have custom STG 556 company logo along with the STG 556 serial number its packaged with. Each Pelican case will be color matched to your limited edition STG 556 rifle and have custom STG 556 hard foam cut out, $250 retail value.

All 1500 limited edition STG 556 rifles come with an exclusive microtech CURRAHEE knife. Each Microtech CURRAHEE knife will be custom marked STG 556 along with the STG 556 serial number its packaged with. Along with that each CURRAHEE knife will have STG 556 matching handle & blade color, $250 retail value.

That really makes it a sweet deal! :D

nyeti
11-06-06, 00:27
For what its worth, I have dealt with PJ for many years on AUG parts. His involvement in this project is a big plus for me and will probably result in a large hit to my wallet.

TPDSOT
11-06-06, 20:37
Here is my 2 cents on this and please pass it along to the higher ups. Thank you for being 100% USA and making your parts in the US. That shows dedication and I for one will support you and your companies.

I can say that if we had the money ours would be 100% US out of the box. Fortunately, we are using foreign parts to help this project to fruition. I can say with all seriousness that having foreign parts will only help us, not hurt us without them this would have been impossible.

We will stand behind our product as if it were all made here in the US. I personally own a bunch of firearms and most have foreign parts. Springfield XD's are made in Croatia, but they run flawlesssly for me.

We will not have to defend our product, it will speak for itself...as for dedication...anything of this magnatude takes plenty.

Sorry about lack of updates, just very busy these days.

Settled on receiver material, a carbon aramid fiber. Perfect for this application given the type of stresses on this style of receiver.

Redesigning the mold to accomadate new material.

Will keep you posted.

TPDSOT, Kent

TPDSOT
11-06-06, 20:39
I build a lot of high end uppers for $1,200-$1,500 so that is fairly normal price in my book.

I added up your price list and figured the trigger to be $300. I came up with something around $2,500. I spent $2,200 for a 1911 so that price is easy for me to swallow. :D

C4

Trigger will be about $35-40. We should come in at around $2K probably less.

Kent, TPDSOT

C4IGrant
11-07-06, 08:22
Trigger will be about $35-40. We should come in at around $2K probably less.

Kent, TPDSOT

Excellent!

C4

graffex
11-07-06, 17:10
I like where this thread is heading :D

TOrrock
11-07-06, 18:22
I just put my name on the list for the PJS STG-556 in green with a 20" barrel.....

What can I say, I'm a traditionalist......:D

TPDSOT
11-07-06, 19:21
I just put my name on the list for the PJS STG-556 in green with a 20" barrel.....

What can I say, I'm a traditionalist......:D

Just go to his website and the list icon is on the left side of the first screen. I ordered one the first day it went up.

TPD, Kent:D

Sorry, didn't see that you had already signed up...

AR-15A3
01-04-07, 16:35
Pete's MSAR - Microtech Small Arms Research STG 556 shows the picture of their AUG type rifle on page 2 of the current Shotgun News, Jan. 15, Volume 61, Issue 1.

It also shows small pictures of their optional rail system, barrel assembly and magazines which looks like CAD computer generated images.

It looks nice. :cool:

RyanS
01-06-07, 12:44
I'm almost as giddy as a school girl over the thought of being able to own an AUG again. I'm still kicking myself for selling 16" Black stocked beauty and that was well over 10 years ago.

vinesr6
01-06-07, 21:14
Did you all get an e-mail confirmation from Pete when you pre-ordered a rifle. I e-mailed him a few months back and never got a reply. Just wondering....:(

Red Cobra
01-07-07, 22:02
No e-mail confirmation. Just keep a copy of your e-mail if you want. I've dealt with Pete and you don't have to worry; he's great.

9DivDoc
01-30-07, 13:32
I got my first AUG back in around '84 .....

I liked it...it was a fun gun...but lost it in a nasty divorce...

While it took some getting used to...the trigger was ok...and though not a tack
driver...it sure was fast on target and stayed there..

I would love to get one of these for the wife...:)

I'm watching this thread with great interest

thanks TPDSOT for posting and thanks also to everyone else for the pics

good stuff...

AR-15A3
01-30-07, 15:15
More pictures and detailed info on Pete's MSAR STG-556 rifle and accessories are available at the Micotech Knives website in Adobe Acrobat pdf format link below.

http://www.microtechknives.com Microtech Small Arms Research New STG-556 (http://www.microtechknives.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=58)

rayray
01-31-07, 20:26
I'm a fan of the Steyr. I've never fired one, but hope to some day.

AR-15A3
04-25-07, 12:57
The first video of the Microtech Small Arms Research (MSAR) STG 556 which should be available sometime next month of May.

QuickTime player might be required to see the video. ;)

Enjoy! :D

http://www.msarinc.com/

JoshNC
04-26-07, 18:08
Well, I received a call from Susan at Microtech Small Arms Research this afternoon. She said that my black STG556 will ship in 4-6 weeks and that they will need a $1k deposit. Poor timing for me right now, but I am going to try and swing it.

I put my name on the list for two of these (one black, one tan) back when they were first announced.

Anyone else get a similar call today?

AR-15A3
04-26-07, 19:45
Well, I received a call from Susan at Microtech Small Arms Research this afternoon. She said that my black STG556 will ship in 4-6 weeks and that they will need a $1k deposit. Poor timing for me right now, but I am going to try and swing it.

I put my name on the list for two of these (one black, one tan) back when they were first announced.

Anyone else get a similar call today?

There are a lot of guys that got calls and e-mails at the other site.

They were saying that there are only a few left from the original 1,500 initial production run, so guys that want to get in on the first batch should contact the factory as soon as possible.

It's also a bad timing for me because I'm in the middle of my SPR project as of now but I'll wait and see from the owners reviews first before I make my final decision to buy it, I'm also interested in the other TPD AXR AUG style rifle that use clear/ smoke Magpul PMAG AR mags.

The STG 556 6.8mm SPC cal. conversion kit will be released sometime in July.

TOrrock
04-26-07, 19:48
I also got the email.

I applaud them for bringing a "new toy" to market, but I'm much more interested in the other AUG clone that takes M16 mags.

There's no way I'm getting into ANOTHER mag system, I have too many now as it is.

I also don't care for the M16 style forward assist, the A1 AUG had one already in the cocking handle.

TPDSOT
06-23-07, 19:19
I also got the email.

I applaud them for bringing a "new toy" to market, but I'm much more interested in the other AUG clone that takes M16 mags.

There's no way I'm getting into ANOTHER mag system, I have too many now as it is.

I also don't care for the M16 style forward assist, the A1 AUG had one already in the cocking handle.

here is a shot of our new mag we did. Magpul is shooting them in our material and I will have these available at TPDUSA.com in about a month.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/kentlik/IMG_0536.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/kentlik/IMG_0538.jpg

...and one of my 28 toed cat, yes 7 per foot. He weights in at 26lbs. No rats in my shop...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/kentlik/IMG_0123.jpg

Magpul is a great bunch of guys

C4IGrant
06-24-07, 12:25
That is a BIG Fing CAT!!

C4

TPDSOT
07-01-07, 22:25
That is a BIG Fing CAT!!

C4

Yes he is and he is only 8 months old!

Kent