PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Thick Insoles

hkbladelawhk
12-18-15, 14:08
With the downfall of Blackhawk (and the fact they have the insoles I want, but I can't find a place to get the same ones, and since their merge, they don't answer), I need an alternative. I'm looking for an insole that's nice and thick. I just picked up a pair of the Merrell Triple Density foam insoles, and they aren't any thicker than the stock Danner insoles (which defeats the purpose). So, what can you recommend?

Edit: I measured the Blackhawk insole, it's around 9 mm thick at the toe.

bad aim
12-18-15, 20:07
Look at the Superfeet Oranges. They're the same arch profile as the beloved greens, but have padding in the forefoot and toe areas.

concreteguy
12-18-15, 20:11
Superfeet green for me. I had a pair that outlasted two pair of Redwing work boots.

BangBang77
12-18-15, 21:24
I will second the Superfeet insoles. I use the green in everything including running shoes, and my wife uses the orange as they have more volume up front.

Mak8080
12-20-15, 08:33
Superfeet, Sole insoles, D30, and Dr. Scholls sport version. Some brands to think about.

hkbladelawhk
12-22-15, 10:30
Hmm. Superfeet were way too thin for my liking. Not to mention way too expensive. I like lots of cushion! Even superfeet copper, 5mm at the toe is not enough in comparison.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

trinydex
12-29-15, 13:20
Look at the Superfeet Oranges. They're the same arch profile as the beloved greens, but have padding in the forefoot and toe areas.

these are my go to

bnasty49
01-31-16, 05:01
Http://www.remindinsoles.com

Hands down the best insoles I've ever used. They are designed for skateboarding/snowboarding but if you look in to the reviews, there are just as many people who use them for running/work boots etc

They are long lasting, don't bottom out, they truly are incredibly shock absorbent, they promote better posture and ankle/knee alignment, and can be trimmed to fit very easily.

Skateboarding is brutally unforgiving to the human body. But these guys made the real deal. You won't look back, I promise lol