PDA

View Full Version : Magpuls new handguards

Germanfritze
08-09-08, 06:59
Have somebody see Magpuls newest invention or knew when it came out for us to buy???

Stickman
08-09-08, 09:59
Have somebody see Magpuls newest invention or knew when it came out for us to buy???

Picture of it at the below link. Magpul is no longer giving release dates.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257

Celer
08-09-08, 14:01
*asspat* for the redesign. Very clean and easy on the eyes. /hijack

ABNAK
08-09-08, 14:03
Called a couple weeks ago and they said end of August. Called last week and it was "a few more months". Par for the course with regards to the firearms industry. :mad:

LonghunterCO
08-09-08, 14:12

That looks nice! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Telperion
08-09-08, 14:27
Are they only made for carbine length?

Stickman
08-09-08, 14:31
Are they only made for carbine length?

Right now they aren't being produced, the carbine was announced at SHOT 08, and Magpul hasn't commented on whether they will be doing a midlength variant (at least not that I've heard). Since Magpul no longer makes official comment on product release dates, we will have to sit back and wait based off little bits and pieces of info that are picked up. Anything short of info from Richard, Drake, or Nick, I take with a grain of salt.

NickB
08-09-08, 20:58
Called a couple weeks ago and they said end of August. Called last week and it was "a few more months". Par for the course with regards to the firearms industry. :mad:

Who did you speak with on the phone? As Stick pointed out, we don't give release dates anymore. Not even approximates, save for rare occasions. Rest assured that the handguards are moving along as scheduled and will be available before you know it.

ABNAK
08-10-08, 08:50
Who did you speak with on the phone? As Stick pointed out, we don't give release dates anymore. Not even approximates, save for rare occasions. Rest assured that the handguards are moving along as scheduled and will be available before you know it.

Actually, both times it was the lady (very nice, BTW) who answers the phone. Both times she put me on hold and asked someone and those were the replies.

JediMindTricks
08-10-08, 12:57
Those are sweet. I wish they had a pic of the entire rifle.

Stickman
08-10-08, 13:35
Those are sweet. I wish they had a pic of the entire rifle.

I suck, what can I say..... :D

exitinyourhead
08-10-08, 13:56
I suck, what can I say..... :D

you should be taking pictures for all the gun magazines. I don't know if you are the cameraman on all those pics but they are exceptional quality. Always are.

Shihan
08-10-08, 15:12
The way I look at it is Magpul does things right and dosent rush a product to the market. They take there time and make sure its good to go unlike many other companies in this world.

RogerinTPA
08-10-08, 19:31
The (hey) MOE series looks pretty cool Stick, thanks for sharing.;)

MisterWilson
08-10-08, 20:01
Are the rails going to be able to support rail strips for lights & accessories?

Bigun
08-11-08, 03:39
What about a midlength size? My Armalite desires these.

another-bill
08-11-08, 10:35
Stick

Is that their new plastic BUIS on that rifle?

Bill

Stickman
08-11-08, 11:30
you should be taking pictures for all the gun magazines. I don't know if you are the cameraman on all those pics but they are exceptional quality. Always are.

The pictures I post that are marked "Stickman" are all ones I've taken. Sometimes they are marked "WeaponEvolution" if its pics I am taking specifically for the site. Thankyou, I'm a city cop who enjoys taking pictures to unwind, and I've made a few friends in the industry, so it works out pretty well for all of us.

Stickman
08-11-08, 11:32
Are the rails going to be able to support rail strips for lights & accessories?

Yes, though I'm not sure I would slap a VFG on them. Lights certainly aren't going to be an issue.

Stickman
08-11-08, 11:32
Stick

Is that their new plastic BUIS on that rifle?

Bill

Yes sir, there are a few MBUS pics there.