PDA

View Full Version : Rings Blue Guns vs Blackhawk Demonstrators

Irfan
12-19-15, 14:55
Which ones are more durable training guns in your experience: Rings Blue Guns or Blackhawk demonstrators? I am talking about general durability for training, hard surface dropping etc. Thanks a lot guys.

Failure2Stop
12-20-15, 16:24
I have only used Rings and ASP training dummies. Never saw one break without absolutely ridiculous abuse. I can't imagine that BH! would be significantly different.
I personally prefer Rings. Made in the US, lots of different models/types, etc.

From Tapatalk:
Jack

ST911
12-20-15, 18:45
The Rings and Blackhawk both do well for me, institutional and personal use. I like that the Blackhawk Demos come in orange in some models.

Rings can be painted to suit and need reapplication periodically. The Blackhawk doesn't take paint.

Afflicted with ASPs for some time. Sharp edges, incompatible with a majority of holsters, accessories, and useful support items. An excellent example of how not to produce demo/training props.

26 Inf
12-20-15, 19:22
I prefer the Rings, we have about 250+ assorted ASP, Blackhawk and Ring's. To me the Ring's are truer to size.

As soon as the molded thermoplastic holster became the mainstay, the ASP's were worthless, they were only good for leather pouch type holsters.

ST911 is dead on!

Irfan
12-23-15, 09:53
Thanks everyone. It seems to me, based on what I've read on-line and what I've concluded so far, that the Ring's blue guns are the most detailed and the most durable replicas you can find. The Blackhawk demo guns are good "cheap" alternative while the ASP red guns should be avoided.