PDA

View Full Version : Wilson 92G compact.

Nightstalker865
12-21-15, 15:45
Looks like another excellent option coming from Beretta. I had heard it was coming down the pipeline, but it's great to see it finally come to fruition.
http://youtu.be/QGrLabJkAq0

The Wilson Combat/Beretta partnership now extends from last year’s hit, the full-sized 92G Brigadier Tactical, to the new 92G Compact Carry, which offers a slim, traditional-configuration dust cover and slide, as well as an Ernest Langdon-inspired action tune completed by the Langdon-trained staff at Wilson Combat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ralph
12-21-15, 16:01
Grant...Are you going to carry these??

PD Sgt.
12-21-15, 18:58
This is going to cost me some money....

Sam
12-21-15, 20:52
Massad Ayoob testing it and can be viewed on youtube. I guess it is not a secret anymore.

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-beretta-compact-carry.asp#.Vni56vkrKM9

Nightstalker865
12-21-15, 21:12
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/21/fcbbf3c51e0c329dd3c03daa1693b78d.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/21/e2c36054c757e26c1e07d7f372fe778d.jpg

Sam
12-21-15, 21:34
Nightstalker:

Do you mind if I borrow your pictures to post at another forum?

Nightstalker865
12-21-15, 21:37
Nightstalker:

Do you mind if I borrow your pictures to post at another forum?

Post away good sir.

Sam
12-21-15, 21:39
Thanks. Thought I would ask first since you did the hard job of hosting the pics and everything.

Nightstalker865
12-21-15, 21:41
That gun is a thing of beauty and should be shared!

It is going to sell VERY well for them.

Sam
12-21-15, 21:44
That gun is a thing of beauty and should be shared!

It is going to sell VERY well for them.

Yes, it is a beauty. I want one badly. LOL. Must sell something to pay for it.

PD Sgt.
12-21-15, 22:39
It appears from the pics that the front sight is not dovetailed. That may turn me away from picking one up, that was one of the big draws to the BrigTac for me. I prefer having options on the front blade.

Very good looking pistol otherwise.

brushy bill
12-21-15, 22:41
It appears from the pics that the front sight is not dovetailed. That may turn me away from picking one up, that was one of the big draws to the BrigTac for me. I prefer having options on the front blade.

Big mistake if it works into final production that way.

crusader377
12-21-15, 22:53

If it is based on the current 92 compact then the sights are not dovetailed. I just picked one up for Christmas and I can confirm this. That said, The 92 Compact has a very good three dot set up especially with trijicon night sights which mine has. FWIW, I will be writing a review sometime after Christmas to further share my thoughts on the pistol once I have rounds through it.

Sensei
12-21-15, 23:08

Unfortunately a deal breaker for me.

Treehopr
12-22-15, 02:22
$1,095 for a pistol with white dot front sight and no accessory rail?

Overpriced for what it is, other than the G decocker you could build your own off of a 92A1 compact for less money.

TheChunkNorris
12-22-15, 03:34
It's pretty sweet looking and it's nice to see Wilson expand their bits on other Berettas.

ZX672
12-22-15, 06:40
Just recovered from getting the full size 92G.... May have to sell something.

Nightstalker865
12-22-15, 12:02
The lack of a rail and dovetail front sight are my only two gripes about the gun. Haven't decided if they are strong enough to keep me from buying it though.

Plato
12-22-15, 13:34
This is a gun for CC so accessory rails tend to just get in the way anyway. The fact that the front sight isn't dovetailed is ridiculous since even Bill Wilson said that in this day in age it doesn't make sense NOT to have that as standard. My gripe is that the slide is slammed with billboard like logos and junk that I always hate on any pistol.

teutonicpolymer
12-22-15, 21:12
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but too expensive for me (along with the other Beretta-Wilson) considering they're basically rebranded Beretta's (unless of course you pay extra for custom work). Nowadays the 92 series just seems so antiquated to me, especially when I can go buy a P-07/P-09 for a fraction of the cost. The scenario where I could see this being the answer to my question would be if I specifically wanted a DA/SA gun that had a metal frame and I absolutely did not like the CZ, SIG, or Sphinx offerings.

That doesn't mean I don't think they're nice guns- I think they are what the 92 platform should have been for years and the day I can buy these without the purchase prohibiting me from buying other things, I will probably buy one or both (assuming they are still in production, of course).

brushy bill
12-22-15, 23:02
I was going to pony up for one, but realized $1k for a white dot non-dovetailed fixed sight...well, let's see what Langdon comes up with the polymer option instead.

ramairthree
12-23-15, 00:26
I am a huge Beretta and Wilson fan and am going to pass.
A new cc gun in 2016 with a non changeable front sight ...
That does not fit my centurion holsters because of an aesthetic trigger guard...

What Beretta really needs to do is
Bring a Vertec or brig g slide all metal parts gun to market on the EII frame and M9A1 frame for the non railed and railed fans respectively.

Put it in a useable box without clasps that break the first time you use them.
FO front sight gun is the Production/SSP model.
Tritium sight gun is the HD / Duty / Full Carry model.
They have the factory over sized mag release and VZ grips and flat main spring cap.

They already have Centurion and Compact models and should offer some desirable models.

They have wasted a ton of R and D money on failed lines.

The PX model dies on shelves with no market. The CX4 and forgotten shots
Gun from that series are memories. Like the Cougar, who wanted a Berretta that was not compatible with your stash and the worlds supply of 92 mags.

The 9000s was their sub compact model that has gone away.
A little bigger than a Glock 30 and wider than an M9 to hold 10 rounds of 40 or 12 of 9 mm.

The 92/96A1, like the 90-Two, a bunch of money dumped into lines with no big market and nobody asking for them.

The 90-Two and 9000s perhaps suffering more from looks vs function than any of their other designs that come to mine.

They need a 92 based sub compact.
Drop the barrel to a little over three inches with corresponding drop in slide and dust cover length. Trim a touch off the beaver tail. Ensure the front sight is changeable.
Now we are good to go on length.
There may not be much room to trim off the grip width on a metal frame with grips.
The compact uses a different hammer spring cap with I believe the same internals. So
I don't think much length can be trimmed from the current compact grip.

If I am wrong, thin the compact grip width and shorten it to the 9000 mags. We are good to go on height.

If I am right about the limitations of length and width further reductions on the compact,
Make a sub compact polymer frame compatible with the 92 subcompact upper. Use the 9000 mags.

Now we have a Glock 26 sized 92 based gun in G or FS mode that takes 9000 mags, compact mags, centurion/full sized mags, etc.

Plato
12-23-15, 00:35
I am a huge Beretta and Wilson fan and am going to pass.
A new cc gun in 2016 with a non changeable front sight ...
That does not fit my centurion holsters because of an aesthetic trigger guard...

Bring a Vertec or brig g slide all metal parts gun to market on the EII frame and M9A1 frame for the non railed and railed fans respectively.

Put it in a useable box without clasps that break the first time you use them.
FO front sight gun is the Production/SSP model.
Tritium sight gun is the HD / Duty / Full Carry model.
They have the factory over sized mag release and VZ grips and flat main spring cap.

They already have Centurion and Compact models and should offer some desirable models.

They have wasted a ton of R and D money on failed lines.

The PX model dies on shelves with no market. The CX4 and forgotten shots
Gun from that series are memories. Like the Cougar, who wanted a Berretta that was not compatible with your stash and the worlds supply of 92 mags.

The 9000s was their sub compact model that has gone away.
A little bigger than a Glock 30 and wider than an M9 to hold 10 rounds of 40 or 12 of 9 mm.

The 92/96A1, like the 90-Two, a bunch of money dumped into lines with no big market and nobody asking for them.

The 90-Two and 9000s perhaps suffering more from looks vs function than any of their other designs that come to mine.

They need a 92 based sub compact.
Drop the barrel to a little over three inches with corresponding drop in slide and dust cover length. Trim a touch off the beaver tail. Ensure the front sight is changeable.
Now we are good to go on length.
There may not be much room to trim off the grip width on a metal frame with grips.
The compact uses a different hammer spring cap with I believe the same internals. So
I don't think much length can be trimmed from the current compact grip.

If I am wrong, thin the compact grip width and shorten it to the 9000 mags. We are good to go on height.

If I am right about the limitations of length and width further reductions on the compact,
Make a sub compact polymer frame compatible with the 92 subcompact upper. Use the 9000 mags.

Now we have a Glock 26 sized 92 based gun in G or FS mode that takes 9000 mags, compact mags, centurion/full sized mags, etc.

Beretta should hire you or at least throw some $$ your way.

m4brian
12-23-15, 08:00
I think if Beretta hired Century's drunk monkey (part time when not on the line) he would inevitably make better choices in models. They HAVE frames with good checkering. They HAVE compact slides. They have G decocker slides and parts. They have slides with dovetailed sights. They're just dumber than the drunk monkey.

And thats a shame - the 92 series is accurate, reliable, and good looking.

KalashniKEV
12-23-15, 08:35

Good rundown.

Beretta is a terrible company that inexplicably turns out great products. They could have kept the M9 contract forever if they submitted ECPs for dovetailed sights, railed frames (plus sell a goofy retrofit rail for current inventory- my dumb idea), and introduced MecGar 18 round mags.

Instead, we got plastic guide rod, plastic trigger, goofy screws, and plastic lanyard loop:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/Kalashnikev/Pistols/IMG_5979_zpsa4c0036b.jpg (http://s145.photobucket.com/user/Kalashnikev/media/Pistols/IMG_5979_zpsa4c0036b.jpg.html)

What they also need to do is:

Offer their .22 kit with higher quality mags a la Kadet and a threaded barrel.

Bring back the 87 in a big way. Slap a reasonable price on it and sell the crap out of it. The market is weary of these GSG/Walther potmetal junkers.

I think if Beretta hired Century's drunk monkey (part time when not on the line) he would inevitably make better choices in models.... They're just dumber than the drunk monkey.

They have chosen to pursue controlled scarcity and premium pricing of the models consumers want, rather than make the 92 series "America's War Hammer" and put one in every holster and gun safe.

Plato
12-24-15, 13:18
Just to kind of steer the thread back on course:

Beretta was awakened with Wilsons input on how to make the 92 better at this present time... But even Wilson let this latest offering slip back into typical Beretta BS.

Eurodriver
12-24-15, 15:27
Unfortunately a deal breaker for me.

Me too.

I've got money in the bank for a good Beretta. It looks like it's just going to keep accruing at 0.10% ****ers.

iLift45s
12-25-15, 17:51
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but too expensive for me (along with the other Beretta-Wilson) considering they're basically rebranded Beretta's (unless of course you pay extra for custom work). Nowadays the 92 series just seems so antiquated to me, especially when I can go buy a P-07/P-09 for a fraction of the cost. The scenario where I could see this being the answer to my question would be if I specifically wanted a DA/SA gun that had a metal frame and I absolutely did not like the CZ, SIG, or Sphinx offerings.

That doesn't mean I don't think they're nice guns- I think they are what the 92 platform should have been for years and the day I can buy these without the purchase prohibiting me from buying other things, I will probably buy one or both (assuming they are still in production, of course).

I was like you with the whole Beretta thing. I bought a Vickers Elite 1911 a few months ago and knew that pistol would be fantastic. Almost melodramatic when I shot it. Superb fit and finish. Accuracy is incredible. Than my buddy who bought the Wison Beretta basically convinced me to buy one. I love the looks of the 92. Shot a 92FS years ago that my Dad owns. Liked it but it never blew me away. Than this thing came in and for the price point I couldn't believe how much was done to the gun. I got the action tune and fiber optic sight installed. The single action pull is in the mid 3 lb range and the double action is in the 8lb range.
The pull is so smooth and the reset is crazy short. The slide feels like it's on ball bearings. Shooting wise it's a death ray! It tears the center out of the target all the way back to 15 yards. I can't get over how soft shooting the perceived recoil is. It's definitely one of my favorite 9's and I have a worked over Hk VP9 that Rick Holm did and it rivals my 1911's in trigger pull. I can guarantee if you shot the Wilson Beretta you would be amazed.

teutonicpolymer
12-29-15, 02:21
I was like you with the whole Beretta thing. I bought a Vickers Elite 1911 a few months ago and knew that pistol would be fantastic. Almost melodramatic when I shot it. Superb fit and finish. Accuracy is incredible. Than my buddy who bought the Wison Beretta basically convinced me to buy one. I love the looks of the 92. Shot a 92FS years ago that my Dad owns. Liked it but it never blew me away. Than this thing came in and for the price point I couldn't believe how much was done to the gun. I got the action tune and fiber optic sight installed. The single action pull is in the mid 3 lb range and the double action is in the 8lb range.
The pull is so smooth and the reset is crazy short. The slide feels like it's on ball bearings. Shooting wise it's a death ray! It tears the center out of the target all the way back to 15 yards. I can't get over how soft shooting the perceived recoil is. It's definitely one of my favorite 9's and I have a worked over Hk VP9 that Rick Holm did and it rivals my 1911's in trigger pull. I can guarantee if you shot the Wilson Beretta you would be amazed.

You have convinced me to reevaluate where the fullsize Beretta-Wilson sits on my "want to buy" list. I did always want a Beretta Elite II and these seem like a nice alternative... I don't think my stance will change on the compact though.