PDA

View Full Version : Vortex scope mounts: Who makes them?

Campbell
12-22-15, 15:56
I don't need QD on my coyote rifle, and was going to look for a scope/mount combo and maybe save a few buck...I hear good things on the scope line for the given price points, and was wondering about origin of the mounts they sell. Anybody know? Thanks in advance-

CoryCop25
12-22-15, 16:18
I have seen Vortex branded QD scope mounts by both ADM and Borboro. I'm pretty sure they make their own rings.

SteveL
12-22-15, 16:22
I don't need QD on my coyote rifle, and was going to look for a scope/mount combo and maybe save a few buck...I hear good things on the scope line for the given price points, and was wondering about origin of the mounts they sell. Anybody know? Thanks in advance-

For non-QD I don't know who makes them. I recently bought one based on their recommendation. It appears to be a well made mount and the machining is good. It's slim and lightweight, BUT it had a "Made in China" sticker on the bottom.

ETA: This one: http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/cantilever-ring-mount-for-30mm-riflescope-tube-2-inch-offset

I have seen Vortex branded QD scope mounts by both ADM and Borboro. I'm pretty sure they make their own rings.

I've never seen an ADM. Only Bobro. Not saying you're wrong, I just didn't know they used ADM.

nate89
12-22-15, 17:03
I wonder if the ADM models were branded by Vortex in the past. I just got one of the QD vortex mounts and it was made by Bobro. No other QD mounts are on the website, so I assume the ADM mounts were discontinued.

GH41
12-22-15, 17:08
Save yourself some weight and $$ for a first class mount... AP

CoryCop25
12-22-15, 17:29
I've never seen an ADM. Only Bobro. Not saying you're wrong, I just didn't know they used ADM.

I wonder if the ADM models were branded by Vortex in the past. I just got one of the QD vortex mounts and it was made by Bobro. No other QD mounts are on the website, so I assume the ADM mounts were discontinued.

It's been years since I've seen the ADM mounts. We carry the Borbro's now.

sidewaysil80
12-22-15, 17:34
Is there any way to tell definitively? I just ordered one of there non-QD 2" offset mount. It was a gamble and I'm hoping its at least decent quality.

BrigandTwoFour
12-22-15, 17:37

I'm not sure about their standard rings, but their precision match rings are made by Seekins.

Campbell
12-22-15, 17:43
I have a local optics guy that I always try and do business with...I may just see what he will price me the QD mount, since from my reading it appears Bobro is about as good as it get... Thanks for the help gents.

SteveL
12-22-15, 18:19
I have a local optics guy that I always try and do business with...I may just see what he will price me the QD mount, since from my reading it appears Bobro is about as good as it get... Thanks for the help gents.

After having owned something from each of the big 3 (ADM, Bobro, LaRue) it's my opinion you can't get a better QD mount than Bobro.

jmnielsen
12-22-15, 19:06

They don't anymore, but here is the discontinued product page. You can see in the picture it is made by ADM
http://www.vortexoptics.com/discontinued/vortex-adr-cantilever-ring-mount-for-30mm-riflescope-tube-2-inch-offset

MistWolf
12-22-15, 21:35
Aero Precision makes a light weight mount that's well made and rugged. It's one of the best, if not the best, value for an AR scope mount. I use one to mount a NF 2.5-10x24 and I'm very happy with it