PDA

View Full Version : Problem with premature slide lockback

jmoore
12-22-15, 16:59
In general - what are some things to check for?
Offending pistol is a new p320 compact. Problem started after 150-200 rounds, and occurs with both mags.
Sometimes as many as 5 in a row! Racking the slide solves the issue - until the next one.
Will call Sig tomorrow - just looking for general feedback tonight.

Ironic - most Sig newbies (and I am one) have issues with failure to lock back d/t riding the slide release.

TIA

john

T2C
12-22-15, 17:13
Remove the slide assembly from the receiver and place the slide stop lever back in it's place. Insert a magazine loaded with the ammunition that causes problems in the magazine well and see if the projectile is hitting the slide stop lever where the magazine follower normally engages it after the last shot.

jmoore
12-22-15, 17:37
Remove the slide assembly from the receiver and place the slide stop lever back in it's place. Insert a magazine loaded with the ammunition that causes problems in the magazine well and see if the projectile is hitting the slide stop lever where the magazine follower normally engages it after the last shot.

Thanks. That's actually on my "to do" list for tomorrow, along with getting out the calipers and checking OAL on all of the associated ammo. As this didn't occur initially, will also be looking closely for any burrs and whatnot that might have migrated into the workings.

Thanks again for the quick reply. Will keep everyone updated, as I think this is a "first" in terms of p320 issues I've seen.

john

teutonicpolymer
12-22-15, 21:14
You might be gripping under the slide release and pushing it up during recoil causing the slide to lock back

treecop
12-23-15, 08:42
Try shooting a mag or 2 left hand only to rule out grip issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brickboy240
12-23-15, 10:56
I have the same damn problem with all my P-Series SIGs.

Turns out it is me and my high grip from mostly shooting Glocks. LOL

I am riding the slide stop and under recoil, it appeared I pushed it up just enough to lock the slide back with rounds in the gun. If I am concentrating on my grip...this never happens.

Judging from posts I have seen here and other forums, this is a common issue with going back and forth between SIGs and some polymer pistols that allow a higher grip on the gun frame.

Try re-positioning your hand and I bet it goes away entirely.