PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 6 Molle Pouches

ggammell
12-25-15, 20:10
So, what if anything are we using to put an iPhone 6 on molle? I recently switched from the 5 and was using a 5.11 C4 case and liked it. The 6 is a little too tall for the clasp.

I'm using the magpul bump Case so another case specific setup is out of the question. I've thought about the ITaco. I read somewhere that you can fashion malice clips through it but can't remember where and can't find any pics.

Any suggestions?

officerX
12-25-15, 22:19
So, what if anything are we using to put an iPhone 6 on molle? I recently switched from the 5 and was using a 5.11 C4 case and liked it. The 6 is a little too tall for the clasp.

I'm using the magpul bump Case so another case specific setup is out of the question. I've thought about the ITaco. I read somewhere that you can fashion malice clips through it but can't remember where and can't find any pics.

Any suggestions?

I have an iTaco and have put Malice clips on it. Works just fine. No pics as of now.

Outlander Systems
12-28-15, 13:51
I'll post up pics when I get to Casa De Outlander, but I have a USGI Molle phone case that will hold an iPhone 6+ in an Otterbox case. I believe I picked it up at a surplus shop.

I don't think they come in anything other than OD, but I could be wrong. Ugly as hell but gets the job done.

ggammell
12-28-15, 14:05
I'll post up pics when I get to Casa De Outlander, but I have a USGI Molle phone case that will hold an iPhone 6+ in an Otterbox case. I believe I picked it up at a surplus shop.

I don't think they come in anything other than OD, but I could be wrong. Ugly as hell but gets the job done.

Definitely need black. Uniform rules. Interesting idea. Where might I find one nowadays?

Outlander Systems
12-28-15, 14:14
Roger that...

They are nylon, so you could always attempt the 'ole Rit-dye trick.

This is the version I have:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USGI-Military-MOLLE-II-GPS-Cell-Phone-Open-Window-POUCH-CASE-Made-in-USA-NEW-/371422282604?hash=item567a7e436c:g:YlQAAOSwu4BV3dkk

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/YlQAAOSwu4BV3dkk/s-l1600.jpg

It appears he's the only one selling 'em on FleaBay.

I'll throw up a pic when I get to the house, but it will definitely fit a 6+.

Definitely need black. Uniform rules. Interesting idea. Where might I find one nowadays?

It's pretty slick. If you throw it in backwards, it opens up like a laptop.

officerX
12-28-15, 16:39
Roger that...

They are nylon, so you could always attempt the 'ole Rit-dye trick.

This is the version I have:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USGI-Military-MOLLE-II-GPS-Cell-Phone-Open-Window-POUCH-CASE-Made-in-USA-NEW-/371422282604?hash=item567a7e436c:g:YlQAAOSwu4BV3dkk

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/YlQAAOSwu4BV3dkk/s-l1600.jpg

It appears he's the only one selling 'em on FleaBay.

I'll throw up a pic when I get to the house, but it will definitely fit a 6+.

It's pretty slick. If you throw it in backwards, it opens up like a laptop.

Here's a similar looking one on Amazon.

New US Army Molle ll ACU Electronic Communication Case Equipment Iphone 6 Pouch Gear USGI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018XQDBAS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_RNBGwbT1F8AZD

Outlander Systems
12-28-15, 19:22

trinydex
12-29-15, 13:18
I have an iTaco and have put Malice clips on it. Works just fine. No pics as of now.

i actually dislike putting my phone in a taco. the buttons always get pressed, either by the hard sides of the pouch or your hand when drawing the phone. if you have a case on the phone, sometimes the grippiness of the plastic against the case gets in the way. i just prefer putting the phone in a dangler, either any old pouch hooked up under front mag pouches or the actual ferro concepts dangler.

ggammell
12-29-15, 13:24
i actually dislike putting my phone in a taco. the buttons always get pressed, either by the hard sides of the pouch or your hand when drawing the phone. if you have a case on the phone, sometimes the grippiness of the plastic against the case gets in the way. i just prefer putting the phone in a dangler, either any old pouch hooked up under front mag pouches or the actual ferro concepts dangler.

The iTaco doesn't have sides. It's meant for phones.

trinydex
12-29-15, 13:36
The iTaco doesn't have sides. It's meant for phones.

yeah, i guess where i was going with that was i don't want a phone specific pouch. the whole point of the taco and modular pouches on vest real estate is that it works for the phone and other stuff. in general i'm finding that it's better to just have sufficient admin storage in some other form of pouch that's good for a lot of other things: gloves, in ear hearing protection, multitool, something to cut zip cuffs etc. to include storing the phone, all in the spirit of keeping things modular and maximizing usefulness of any one item on the rig.

ggammell
12-29-15, 13:45
It's for a uniformed patrol soft armor carrier and we now have limits on pouches. Thanks to guys carrying 10 pounds of ammo at all times.

TF82
01-15-16, 01:27

Hey, you wouldn't happen to know if that will work okay with a Lifeproof case on it, do you? I'm really missing the convenience of iPhone 5's size and its ability to fit really nicely anywhere an AR magazine could go. I tried this big pouch with a flap on it from some company OneTigris for about 10 minutes today but it was just way too bulky and I don't want anything padded.

officerX
01-15-16, 14:43
Hey, you wouldn't happen to know if that will work okay with a Lifeproof case on it, do you? I'm really missing the convenience of iPhone 5's size and its ability to fit really nicely anywhere an AR magazine could go. I tried this big pouch with a flap on it from some company OneTigris for about 10 minutes today but it was just way too bulky and I don't want anything padded.

I have a Pelican case on my 6+ and it was a little tough to get in and out but doable. It definitely held it securely! I'm not sure how the LifeProof compares to my Pelican though.

http://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/mobile-phone-tablet-cases/voyager/apple-iphone-6-and-6s-plus/C07030/

TF82
01-16-16, 01:32
Thanks for the info. Specs on their websites indicate that the Lifeproof is a little smaller. I may have to give this a try.