PDA

View Full Version : Point Break-2015 - NO SPOILER

elephant
12-26-15, 11:27
I went and saw it last night. It was ok. Personally I think the first movie had a better plot and story line. The new one has some intense action sequences like those in the trailer but if you watch the trailer, you already seen the movie. Be your own judge, go see it anyway, its worth watching.

Firefly
12-26-15, 11:32
No Swayze
No Warchild
No Lori Petty when she was hot
No Gary Busey beaming about today's Calvin and Hobbes
No asshole dude from Platoon getting told off.

And it's just not 1991 anymore

elephant
12-26-15, 11:35

Are you serious? When was she hot?

Bulletdog
12-26-15, 11:44

In 1991.

26 Inf
12-26-15, 11:48

Okay, hotness is what we in the business call a sensory perception, Lori fits the Peppermint Patty hotness profile for guys that are into to the profile. She looked okay in the surf scenes, she pulled her role in League of Our Own.

Firefly, brother, you do know she swings from the other side, don't you?

Eurodriver
12-26-15, 11:49
You guys are disgusting. Lori Petty is nasty.

26 Inf
12-26-15, 12:06

Although I'm pretty sure she is OEM girl.

Big A
12-26-15, 12:29
No Swayze
No Warchild
No Gary Busey beaming about today's Calvin and Hobbes
No asshole dude from Platoon getting told off.

And it's just not 1991 anymore
"Utah! Get me two!"

If they had made this where Johnny Utah was the senior agent training the new kid I'd be interested. But a remake? Nah...

elephant
12-26-15, 13:28
I caught my first tube this morning, sir!

RazorBurn
12-26-15, 13:29
"Utah! Get me two!"

If they had made this where Johnny Utah was the senior agent training the new kid I'd be interested. But a remake? Nah...

Right there with you. Not interested in a remake... Plus, I'm sure Ratt isn't on the soundtrack anymore and that just kills it for me!

Big A
12-26-15, 15:17
Right there with you. Not interested in a remake... Plus, I'm sure Ratt isn't on the soundtrack anymore and that just kills it for me!
And the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are a little old to play a bunch of punk surfers.

SkiDevil
12-26-15, 15:27
I going to check-it out later today. I've seen the original a few times and thought it was good.

I agree it would've been great to see the new movie take-off where the old one left off.

Gary Busey is a classic and one of a kind. I liked him as Mr. Joshua in 'Lethal Weapon' another classic. One crazy dude he is for sure.

Also, Patrick Swayze has a look alike brother who could have been in the movie with Keanu Reeves.

Outlander Systems
12-26-15, 16:39
This shit is sacrilege.

No Keanu. No Swayze. No dude-man bro shit going on. The surf-bandits look like they're my age. They should be 25 TOPS.

Total shitshow on celluloid.

skydivr
12-26-15, 17:06
Some things you just CAN'T repeat.

After a 5 minute skydive from 14K...."Ok Johnny, 1000 feet, now pull"...

The original is what got me to start skydiving...even if some of the technical details were so much bullshit, the visuals were stunning, the editing and soundtrack were just perfect. Never be able to beat the original. 25 years later and I'm still jumping. A sequel would have been doable in the spirit of the above mentioned.

Firefly
12-26-15, 21:00
I only live to get radical.

Outlander Systems
12-26-15, 21:38
So with you, dude man.

I only live to get radical.

Digital_Damage
12-26-15, 21:42

was not bad in tank girl....

Then again I'm a freak.

Eurodriver
12-27-15, 06:57
Although I'm pretty sure she is OEM girl.

Ok. I lolled.

But for serious - Even a weekend semi passable tranny blows her out of the water on Loris best days. She is that ****ing bad.

WillBrink
12-27-15, 09:46
I went and saw it last night. It was ok. Personally I think the first movie had a better plot and story line. The new one has some intense action sequences like those in the trailer but if you watch the trailer, you already seen the movie. Be your own judge, go see it anyway, its worth watching.

Remakes of very average movies from the 90s is the best Hollywood can do these days. Meh, no thanx.

What we need now is a remake of Road House :big_boss:

Spiffums
12-27-15, 12:15
"Utah! Get me two!"

IF they changed the names of the characters it would have been an alright movie idea. I lost all interest at the "I believe they are extreme athletes like me.".

Ned Christiansen
12-27-15, 12:38
I was very lucky to see the original with a girl who coincidentally looked, acted and sounded like Lori Petty at the time.

Saw the remake last night. Best seat in the house but by myself.

Averageman
12-27-15, 13:22
I was very lucky to see the original with a girl who coincidentally looked, acted and sounded like Lori Petty at the time.

Saw the remake last night. Best seat in the house but by myself.

The Tri Fecta would have been that you two were at the Drive In.

Ned Christiansen
12-28-15, 11:06
Ha! Pretty sure that would have worked to my advantage!

skydivr
12-28-15, 15:15
She might have just been average, but I'm gonna bet she was a FREAK in bed...I used to could spot the type...