PDA

View Full Version : It's my B-Day and my husband is at a shooting course...

C2Q
08-10-08, 14:05
Now last time he was at training it was Mother's Day. I am starting to see a real pattern (last year it was another important day, I lose track which days they are).

So either I am the coolest wife in the world or...nevermind, we'll just stick with that. The alternatives are not as flattering. :D

The question is: What extremely expensive restaurant is he taking me too when he gets back? Maybe I'll force him to see Mama Mia as a form of punishment.... ;)

R

9x19
08-10-08, 14:12
I say do both. :D

Edited to Add: Throw in a day at a nice spa while he watches the kids for you.

And, Happy Birthday!!

theJanitor
08-10-08, 14:15
+1 for the coolest wife. Happy birthday!!

C2Q
08-10-08, 14:19
I say do both. :D

Edited to Add: Throw in a day at a nice spa while he watches the kids for you.

From your lips to his ears!

:)

bushmasterar15
08-10-08, 14:29
Well Happy Birthday to you. Maybe he is out testing some new product he would like sell to us so he may take you out for a expensive dinner, spa, and movie.:D

AwaySooner
08-10-08, 14:31
Musical theatre + ABBA music = Cruelty. Trust me I know, my wife is a big musical theatre lover. I did the same thing on her birthday too, lucky for me I wasn't punished. :D But I did take her to a nice spa and inn and take my daughter to see "Snoopy" the sequal to "You are a good man Charlie Brown", so I paid for my sin as far as I am concern.

http://www.thechrysalisinn.com/images/cmsimg_1211904839.jpg

MAUSER202
08-10-08, 14:39
Happy birthday!

Detective_D
08-10-08, 14:56
What a coincidence....Today is my wife birthday. Happy Birthday Roxanne!!!

Of course I am at work on my wife's birthday.

But I did take her out to lunch and got her some Starbucks on the way home.

C2Q
08-10-08, 15:19
Musical theatre + ABBA music = Cruelty. Trust me I know, my wife is a big musical theatre lover. I did the same thing on her birthday too, lucky for me I wasn't punished. :D But I did take her to a nice spa and inn and take my daughter to see "Snoopy" the sequal to "You are a good man Charlie Brown", so I paid for my sin as far as I am concern.

I wouldn't really punish him since it is work related. :)

Plus, if I want to maintain "coolest wife in the world," musical theater can't be part of a night out!

Trigger_Puller
08-10-08, 18:37
Maybe I'll force him to see Mama Mia as a form of punishment....

Now that's just cruel.

Happy birthday!

RogerinTPA
08-10-08, 19:12
I thought Sundays was range day, being I go every sunday. You are a very cool wife for letting him go. I say he owes you dinner at the restaurant of your choice. Any play or opera would be just mean and cruel punishment.:D Happy birthday!

yrac
08-10-08, 19:38
Happy Birthday!

As for ANYONE who would ditch you on your birthday in favor of a training class - I'd suggest shooting him. I'll be out there later this week to pick up all of his stuff... :D

Nathan_Bell
08-10-08, 19:40
Now last time he was at training it was Mother's Day. I am starting to see a real pattern (last year it was another important day, I lose track which days they are).

So either I am the coolest wife in the world or...nevermind, we'll just stick with that. The alternatives are not as flattering. :D

The question is: What extremely expensive restaurant is he taking me too when he gets back? Maybe I'll force him to see Mama Mia as a form of punishment.... ;)

R

Yes, but he had to share a hotel room with some loud guy who never shuts up. :D

Leonidas
08-10-08, 19:51
I think it's settled, your the coolest wife in the world. Happy Birthday.
Thanks for letting Grant go to the class with us this weekend!

Jay Cunningham
08-10-08, 20:04

R

My apologies, ma'am.

Happy Birthday and yes, you are very cool.

Gun-nut
08-10-08, 21:43
Happy Birthday!

Gramps
08-11-08, 01:20
COOLEST WIFE IN THE UNIVERS! HELLO!:D

Now, how much $ to get you to have a very loooong talk with my wife? The one who hates guns, and can see NO use for them. Even after her daughter caught someone standing in our house at 2:00 AM! She say's "Keep your guns locked up in the basement or out of the house":(

Grant better COUNT HIS BLESSING'S!!!

Yes I know I'll get some CR_P out of some here, but she is "Low Maintanance".

Bigun
08-11-08, 03:21

R I missed my wife's B-day and our 20th anniversary because of a firearms instructor course, Luckilly she knows better than to force me to go to a estrogen special:D, But she did get a hell of a fancy dinner out of the deal.;)

30 cal slut
08-11-08, 07:18
happy b'day! :D

p.s. i was playin hooky with grant on mother's day too. :eek:

ToddG
08-11-08, 08:02
Grant? Grant who? I don't remember any Grant ...

C4IGrant
08-11-08, 08:38
Oh Good Lord!

Yes honey, you are the best! ;)

C4

DrMark
08-11-08, 08:44
Happy Birthday!

Maybe I'll force him to see Mama Mia as a form of punishment....

That could backfire on you if it turns out he likes it!

;)

AllAmerican
08-11-08, 08:52
Oh Good Lord!

Yes honey, you are the best! ;)

C4

Too late Grant!!!

Happy Birthday C2Q!

Jack

rmecapn
08-11-08, 10:30
Happy belated birthday, Roxanne!

After 27 years of marriage, I have learned not to make those type of scheduling errors. There is hope ... ;)

Karl

crossgun
08-11-08, 11:14
Roxanne

A happy belated birthday to you. Please, if he explained to you that he was working that was wrong. He never broke a sweat. In fact he spent most of the time asking for directions and sitting in his lawn chair.

In all fairness, he did tell us that he was missing yet another special day and how truley blessed he was to have you.

Go easy on him, you know he's fragile.

A-Bear680
08-13-08, 10:12
In my limited experience there is very little that a $200.00 gift certificate from Victoria's can't patch up.

Then again , my wife threatened to pack the new clothes up in a footlocker till next year.

The woman can be brutal.