PDA

View Full Version : Larue tacticle hand stops, any users?

MAUSER202
12-27-15, 14:09
I was looking at these for use on a SBR that I am waiting on. They are very like and look like they would work well. Does anyone have/use them?
http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-handstop-2-piece-set

jbo723
12-27-15, 14:11
They work as well as any other handstop on the market from my experience.

MAUSER202
12-27-15, 14:59
Thanks, it doesn't seam like much has been posted about them since 2010 or so. I was looking at them and the Gear sector ones.

masakari
12-27-15, 15:05
The nice thing about the LaRue handstops is that they are polymer, and therefore don't get freezing cold or burning hot. That said, because of their shape, they don't work with all styles of holds (between fingers mainly).
Think about your gripping style and handguards, and use that info to make your decision.

seb5
12-27-15, 17:27
I use them on anything without magnification, and have for years. For my grip they are perfect. Small, inexpensive, and simple. I'm not a fan of the long VFG's as they catch on everything.

El Cid
12-27-15, 21:19
I've used them on a 5.56 rifle and on a 7.62x51. They do well for pulling the rifle into your shoulder. I'm leaning toward replacing them with a stubby VFG. I like the ability to brace against cover and the LaRue piece being curved doesn't do well in that regard. Part of the reason I've used them this long is those rifles are LaRues. That allows me to attach the hand stops directly to the handguard without needing to add a piece of pic rail.

I really want a UVG that is around 2" long because I think the flat sides are an advantage. I'll probably have to compromise though.

JG007
12-28-15, 01:04
I have one with this and one with a troy aluminum stubby VFG (extension section removed), not sure which I prefer, both are good

titsonritz
12-28-15, 01:16
I have one on the side of my rail I use in conjuction with my VFG.