PDA

View Full Version : MBUS Pro flip up rear sight

JLeeACP
12-28-15, 09:13
Just ordered from PA for $65 which seems like a good deal. Assuming from the spec I can use on pic flat top with "F" A2 front. Good choice?

Plan is to lower 1/3 co-witness with Aimpoint Pro or T2 when I get around to buying one.

henschman
12-28-15, 13:00
Yeah, good choice. It will work well with your F marked front sight base. You got a good price on it. You could have saved a little by going with the plastic MBUS sight, but no biggie. The Pro is slimmer profile and a lot better looking. Either one is strong as can be and has dual size apertures, so rock on. I personally like an absolute co-witness when I have a folding rear sight so I can keep a consistent cheek weld with the optic. The rationale for a lower 1/3 is that less of the FSB is in view. Personally it doesn't slow me down any when I use the red dot as intended (both eyes open, focus on the target), and I consider good fundamentals like cheek weld to be more important, but it is admittedly less important on a parallax free optic like an Aimpoint, so weigh the options and take your pick.

JLeeACP
12-28-15, 14:19
Thanks. Appreciate the optics advice.

Actually have the polymer MBUS on now. It's a new 6920 Magpul. Haven't even fired it yet. I found the FDE version at a good price and am replacing all the MOE FDE furniture with black mainly because I wanted the M-Lok black handguard and ACS-L stock. Saw the Pro and decided to go ahead and replace my FDE sight also. Off for Christmas and New Years, got bored, and started spending Christmas gift cards.