PDA

View Full Version : A1 stock on a dpms?

cemoulton
12-30-15, 21:09
I put a collapsible sock on a dpms with 16" government profile barrel and fixed A2 receiver for a costumer today. He let me keep the pristine rubber butt plate A1 stock that was on it.

Here's the thing it doesn't appear to be fiber glass. It seems to be plastic. The foam filler feels almost rubbery to the touch. Did somebody make a updated A1 without the trap door? I've always liked the rubber butt pad A1 socks but dislike the fragile feeling and beat up old fiberglass ones. This may have to go on one of my DDs

Beef15
12-30-15, 23:21
Cav arms makes or gets A1 polymer stocks from somewhere. DPMS certainly has and had the buying power to get them made if they wanted for some model.

cemoulton
12-30-15, 23:25
Cav arms makes or gets A1 polymer stocks from somewhere. DPMS certainly has and had the buying power to get them made if they wanted for some model.

Cavs have plastic trap door butt plates. But I guess dpms could glue a rubber on if they wanted.

cemoulton
12-31-15, 20:52
Hmmm I was hoping somebody would have done knowledge of this stock. I'd hate to put it on only to have it fail badly lol

LRRPF52
01-02-16, 15:50
Pics? Sounds like an original Type D stock that was common in the mid 1960's before the cleaning kit compartment was added.

Does it look like one of these?

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96324/15252.JPG

masakari
01-02-16, 15:53
So it's just a buttpad with no trap door? Sounds like a surplus type D to me.

cemoulton
01-02-16, 22:46
Thanks guys. I I was directed to a picture and description thread on tof. It's definitely a type D.

So that being known, are they good to go?