PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever hear of botachtactical.com......

hyrepower
08-11-08, 00:34
They have Aimpoints M4S for sale for only $580. Is this a legimate operation?

Army Chief
08-11-08, 02:30
While many here have had trouble-free experiences with Botach, there are also a myriad of horror stories. In general, they do deliver, but their reputation leaves much -- very much -- to be desired.

"You takes your chances ..."

Chief

hyrepower
08-11-08, 02:42
Thanks.

deercop
08-11-08, 13:36
I've ordered from Botach once, a Colt LEO AR back right after the ban started. A local PD received a fax from them with the prices, and the Chief knew I had been wanting a AR, so he passed the info along.

I've never had reason to complain about them, although many many others on the internet apparently have.

NC12215
08-11-08, 17:28
I have placed several orders with them. Most were excellent. Fast shipping and of course the prices were outstanding.

I had one order that they dropped the ball on and I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Even though I had sent emails which were unanswered.

The last time I ordered they were out of stock on one item. They sent a message that the item was not in stock. I sent an email about how I wanted my order modified. I said to just send the other items that were in stock. After 3 weeks without delivery or contact I canceled the order using the website.

3 weeks after that they called and wanted to know what they should do with my as my order was still "pending". I told them to cancel the entire order.

I can't say that I like the customer service. I do like the fast shipping and prices. Will I order again? I suppose I would if the price was worth the possible hassle.

In short, roll the dice if you want.

Dave

CarlosDJackal
08-11-08, 17:52
If they have what you want in stock AND your order doesn't get lost in the shuffle, you won't have any complaints. Otherwise, it's a nightmare to deal with them. even if someone does finally answer your calls (it took me 6 calls over three days the last time I had to do this), you might have problems communicating with them.

FWIW, I have not had too many issues with them the past year. Good luck!!

hyrepower
08-11-08, 17:57
Thanks for the advice and detail. I appreciate the help.

Stupid question: What does "FWIW" stand for?

pittbull
08-11-08, 18:09
Stupid question: What does "FWIW" stand for?

For What It's Worth

RogerinTPA
08-11-08, 20:37
They are hit or miss. The problem with these guys are that their website doesn't state that the item you want is not in stock after you've made the selection. From the feedback here, you have to call them first before ordering, which is total BS.

MH64
08-11-08, 23:55
YMMV

Your Mileage May Vary

nickdrak
08-12-08, 00:35
I have placed 3 or 4 orders with Botach in the past (none recently), they never sent me what I actually ordered and paid for. I wont order anything from them ever again due to my experiences, regardless of their advertised price.:rolleyes:

hyrepower
08-12-08, 01:31
What did you order and what did they send you?

AllAmerican
08-12-08, 17:30
I have placed 3 or 4 orders with Botach in the past (none recently), they never sent me what I actually ordered and paid for. I wont order anything from them ever again due to my experiences, regardless of their advertised price.:rolleyes:

+1!!!

Bravo30
08-13-08, 03:36
Funny thing about Botach. I've place three orders with them in the past 5 years or so because I was aware of their reputation. First order went smoothly, no complaints. Second order I received notification that the item was back ordered. Because I was being deployed and needed the item, I ordered from another vendor and tried to cancel my order. It took 6-7 phone calls and messages before I finally got hold of someone to cancel the order. Third order I used a the wrong debit card, for an account that did not have enough money. SURPRISE, Botach called me that day to get a valid credit card. They left a message about the card and because I was working and didn't get in until late the next day, by the time I listened to the message they had left two more. I guess they only worry about customer service when it comes to them getting paid. As other have said, ordering from Botach is a crap shoot.

beantamug
08-13-08, 09:21
My fiance ordered some pants from Botach for my birthday. After 5 weeks with no email, no phone call, and no pants she got concerned and tried to reach someone at Botach. Emails went unreplied to and she finally got someone on the 3rd phone call. The pants were out of stock. She shopped around some and found them in stock elsewhere and decided to cancel the order with Botach. After multiple emails and leaving 5 voice mails over the course of two weeks with NO reply she gave up. She simply called the credit card company, explained the situation to them, and told them to NEVER process an order from Botach Tactical on her credit card.

We will never shop with them again.

hyrepower
08-13-08, 10:14
Well, I am definately going to order my stuff through Larue. All you have to do is spend $52 extra and you get one of their awesome mounts as well.

b_saan
08-13-08, 17:11
Well, I am definately going to order my stuff through Larue. All you have to do is spend $52 extra and you get one of their awesome mounts as well.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/ and click on package deals on the left navigation pane.

hyrepower
08-13-08, 17:38
They are the same price as just ordering direct from Larue.

b_saan
08-13-08, 17:45
They are the same price as just ordering direct from Larue.
Ah, but you get to order from and support Grant and Roxanne.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=105 They are all-around good people and will help you get what you need whenever or whereever you need it.

hyrepower
08-13-08, 18:56
Yeah you are right. Might as well support a distributor.

davemcdonald
08-13-08, 19:58
I have ordered from them twice. One order was screwed up(wrong color). I didn't mess with it because of their rep and the color wasn't that big of a deal.

If I remember correctly Botach is a business partner with his nephew in a company called AEY Inc based in Miami. Google AEY and their contract to supply AK ammo.

To each their own but there are better companies out there for me to do business with than these cats.

I'm just sayin

Dave

boltcatch
08-14-08, 11:40
Friends don't let friends order from Botach.

They had a glock mag sale, once. I ordered a couple G18 mags and several G17 mags. When they arrived, they were in a large sealed Tyvek shipping envelope. Inside this envelope were two others (again, sealed), one for the G17 mags, one for the G18 mags. The mag names and amount ordered were sharpied on the outside of the smaller envelopes.

They shorted me one G17 mag.

I called them, and despite the fact that it would literally be IMPOSSIBLE for a mag to be removed from within two sealed Tyvek envelopes, the customer service lady insisted that one mag must have been stolen in transit by UPS. She then said they would start a claim and get back to me.

They never got back to me and never returned further emails about the subject. Bunch of crooks. The sad part is that even with the missing mag, I paid less per mag than I would have elsewhere.

deercop
08-14-08, 12:58
When I ordered my Colt from them back in 1995 (I guess), they were located in California, to the best of myrecollection. I also ordered a couple of spare mags, which weren't delivered with the rifle. I made a call to them, they said they must have shipped them to somewhere else, but would send more to me, and a couple of days later I received my mags.

But that was 13 years ago. Things change.

FlyAndFight
08-14-08, 16:27
I've played the "Wheel of Botach" game a few times, mostly in group buys with some buds and on average it's been ok.

My first order was several years ago and everyone's items arrived fine except for mine. They never mentioned that it was backordered and I had to wait another 2 months for it to finally arrive.

Several orders since then have gone through smoothly. Last month we did another group buy and all items showed up except for one of mine (again). It was again on backorder but never mentioned. It did arrive 2 weeks later.

I haven't been burned yet and I have to admit that some of their sales can be amazing deals.

Battl3fr0nt
08-15-08, 22:32
They are very good and have fast shipping. I got my TA31F ACOG off them. I have seen posts like this befor but they are legit and if you do feel like you are getting F**ked then call your cardit card company and tell them you never got the order.. I have really only heard of a 2 or 3 people that didnt like there service but other then that I know alot of people that had orderded ACOG's off them and they are as happy as I am..

losbronces
08-15-08, 22:58
I think there are more than two or three unsatisfied with Botach. Count me as one. I have ordered from many of the site sponsors, LaRue, SWFA, Raven, etc. with no problem. But Botach--no more.

Gutshot John
08-16-08, 21:35
They are very good and have fast shipping. I got my TA31F ACOG off them. I have seen posts like this befor but they are legit and if you do feel like you are getting F**ked then call your cardit card company and tell them you never got the order.. I have really only heard of a 2 or 3 people that didnt like there service but other then that I know alot of people that had orderded ACOG's off them and they are as happy as I am..

Sorry but that really doesn't jive with most other's experience.

I think you'll find that if you go to the Yahoo Merchants Page, that runs Botach's online store you will find that they have a rating of 1.5 stars.

There are approx 20K online stores that use Yahoo, less than 100 have less than 2 star. That's a pretty startling statistic. That would put them in the bottom 10% of the worst 1%.

I'm glad you've had good experience. Keep ordering from them though if you like.

I NEVER will.