PDA

View Full Version : Larry Vickers Basic Pistol and Carbine, May 1-4, 2009, Bend, OR

8th
08-11-08, 11:20
VICKERS TACTICAL IN CENTRAL OREGON

I am pleased to announce that Vickers Tactical (Larry Vickers) will conduct a 2 day Pistol Basic course on May 1-2, 2009 and 2 Day Carbine Basic course on May 3-4, 2009 at the Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association (COSSA) ranges (http://cosa.netgarage.net/). You can take one class or both classes.

Larry Vickers is a retired special operations solider with over 20 years of experience in the US Army including time spent in both Army Special Forces and fifteen years as a member of 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment – Delta (Delta Force). During his time with Delta Force, Larry was involved in weapons research and development and served as a combat marksmanship instructor in addition to being an assaulter. Larry has served as a design consultant for HK, Schmidt & Bender, Surefire, and Insight Technology and is considered one of the best 1911 pistolsmiths in the country. For a complete biography please visit his website: www.vickerstactical.com.
Price:
2 Day Pistol Basic (May 1-2, 2009) - $375
2 Day Carbine Basic (May 3-4, 2009) - $375
4 days combined (May 1-4, 2009) – $750

50% of the tuition ($188 per class or $375 for both classes) is required within 2 weeks of registration to guarantee a spot with the balance due 3 weeks prior to the class (April 10, 2009). Refunds will not be provided for cancellations made within the 3 weeks prior to class.

Space is Limited to 16 Students

PISTOL BASIC
This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

Class requirements:
• Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
• Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
• Serviceable holster
• Minimum 1 double magazine pouch
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
• 800 rounds of ammo – factory service type (no reloads)
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Good attitude

CARBINE BASIC

An entry level course for carbine shooters. This class is geared for those who have not had any formal instruction. Topics covered include safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

Class requirements:
• Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
• Serviceable carbine - typical calibers include 9mm, 45 ACP, 30 cal, 5.56 mm, 7.62 x 39mm
• Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred
• Minimum 1 magazine pouch - or method to carry spare magazine(s)
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
• 800 rounds of ammo - service type
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Good attitude

TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS

Travel, food, and accommodations are not included in the course price and are the responsibility of the student. COSSA is located approximately 30 minutes east of Bend, Oregon. The closest airport is Redmond, Oregon which is approximately 15 minutes north of Bend, Oregon. Recommendations regarding lodging and meals are available upon request.
Range and facility specific information will be provided 3 weeks prior to class (April 10, 2009). To register for the class or ask any questions please contact Scot A. Hill at scothill@msn.com. Please use “Vickers Class” as the subject.

8th
09-07-08, 20:16
Openings still available.

8th
10-10-08, 12:53
openings still available

8th
11-05-08, 18:04
spaces still available

chadbag
12-28-08, 06:20
emailed to register for both!

C4IGrant
12-28-08, 11:31
emailed to register for both!

Good for you! Start shooting 25yd NRA bullseye targets now. ;)

C4

chadbag
12-28-08, 15:03
Good for you! Start shooting 25yd NRA bullseye targets now. ;)

C4

I need to get out more period.

I also registered for a Pat Rogers 3 day carbine operator class in Arizona in March and the Magpul Dynamics pistol class in Colorado in June. Trying to get to the classes that are 1 day drives or less from here. Arizona is about 12 hours, the others should be a little less. My brother lives 30-45 minutes from where the March Pat Rogers class is and Dillon Precision is down there so I will haul a load of presses back and write off the miles ;-)

Have not been to training (lack of funds and time with new wife and now kids in the last 8 years) since 98-2000 time frame. Looking forward to it

Thanks!
Chad

oregonshooter
12-29-08, 23:02
I'm in (asked at least) for the carbine class, woot!

WitchDoctor02
12-30-08, 15:59
I'll be in Bend for Vickers' carbine class (on the wait list for handgun) and at Pueblo West for Magpul Dynamics in June, as well. Looking forward to both!

Eric Kozowski
02-25-09, 23:20
Any openings still or are the classes full?

8th
02-26-09, 11:23
Thank you for the interest. Both classes are full, and the wait list is approaching the double digits.