PDA

View Full Version : CMC Trigger Groups

crimsonstone
08-11-08, 12:27
Does anyone have any first-hand experience with these?

https://www.chipmccormickcorp.com/ar15-trigger-group.html

I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly makes them "a superior trigger pull". Yes, it's all self-contained.. I just don't see anything about it that would indicate why it's reported to perform on a much higher level.

MMcfpd
08-11-08, 21:13
I have, and unfortunately the CMC failed on me first time out, on the third 30 round magazine.

I sent it back to McCormick who returned it saying they could find no fault. Shortly thereafter all of the Gen II CMCs (of which mine was one) were recalled. Their problem was a tendency to double or go full auto, which was the same symptom that caused McCormick to pull the Gen Is from the market.

MisterWilson
08-11-08, 21:17
I have a Gen I CMC trigger that I love and trust. The only time I've had doubles was when I was being a retard and kept my finger on the trigger while not intending to fire. I attribute it to more a form of bump firing with a light match trigger than actually doubling.

I also received a prepaid envelope in the mail for the Gen II recalls but the dates listed didn't apply to mine so I didn't have to send it back.

As for why they went from Gen I to Gen II, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it had to do more with more efficient manufacturing techniques than actual problems with faulty triggers, but what do I know...