PDA

View Full Version : Glock Gen4 woes

akssdude
01-04-16, 15:02
Recently bought a brand new G19 G4 at Sportsman's Warehouse. Last two to be found anywhere near my locale. Anyways, got about 150 rds through it so far. Federal American Eagle 124gr and Fiocchi 115gr ball ammo. Here's my issues: I slap a new magazine in and the slide goes forward on its own and chambers a round. Also, I have to manually lock the slide back as the pistol does not stay locked back when last round is fired.

What would cause these issues and what should be done? This is my first Glock.

themonk
01-04-16, 15:06
Read this wrong. Comments deleted.

Joe R.
01-04-16, 15:07
Search auto forwarding. What it comes down to is your technique. If you insert the magazine straight it is unlikely to do this. What you are doing is seating the magazine with a push to the front of the gun (somewhat in artfully worded), the end result being it allows the slide to move just a bit to the rear and the slide stop to disengage. Common occurrence with polymer framed guns.

jck397
01-04-16, 15:24
Search auto forwarding. What it comes down to is your technique. If you insert the magazine straight it is unlikely to do this. What you are doing is seating the magazine with a push to the front of the gun (somewhat in artfully worded), the end result being it allows the slide to move just a bit to the rear and the slide stop to disengage. Common occurrence with polymer framed guns.

This, and make sure you're not riding the slide release when shooting. On the upside, if your gun cycles with Fiocchi 115 gr., it will probably cycle with anything--I've found that to be very low-powered ammo.

FlyingHunter
01-04-16, 18:38
Common w Polymer pistols. Keep shooting.

ralph
01-04-16, 18:48
What jck397 said...One way to check and see if it's you and not the gun is to load one round in the mag, chamber it, and shoot the pistol with your weak hand, so that you thumb isn't near the slide release.. if it locks back, it's you riding the release with your thumb.

MegademiC
01-04-16, 20:08
When reloading think of it as bringing the pistol onto the mag, not smashing the mag into the gun. Being quick does not mean rough. It should be smooth so you can slide the mag in, close the slide, and get your sight picture back in one smooth motion.

akssdude
01-04-16, 21:18
Thanks guys. I'll get back to the range and report back.

wirides
01-04-16, 21:27
Regarding the first issue, two of my past three glock did that if I hat the gun tipped and put the magazine in hard enough

C4IGrant
01-04-16, 21:35
Auto forwarding and thumb riding slide release.

Have you had any quality pistol training??

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akssdude
01-04-16, 21:51
Auto forwarding and thumb riding slide release.

Have you had any quality pistol training??

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, just in BT. I am signed up for a few pistol courses though that will be taking place starting next month.